Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blemishes

• 05-07-2007 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

ok basically every time i get a spot it leaves a red blemish afterwards. I've never had bad acne but i have been left with quite alot of blemishes from spots over the years and they are showing no signs of leaving! I was wondering if anyone can recommend any products to help with this?Or treatments?

Also my skin can get quite blotchy at times, particularly when abroad and exposed to the sun. Not sure if these issues are related or not but if anyone knows please tell me!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Natural stuff that you'd never think of works.

Look at stuff with tea-tree oil. Buy a bottle of that essential oil, add a little little bit to your moisturiser. if you've ever a gods-awful spot, you can apply tea-tree oil directly to it (tea-tree and lavender are the only essential oils that can be applied directly to the skin.)

I know that when lavender is used on a wound it never leaves a scar, maybe that could be of some use to you.

You can find the essential oils in loadsa places, the astronomy shop on capel street (I think, it's near temple bar, the keys and dublin castle anyway) is one, health-food shops you should be able to find them too even.

Honey is brilliant for your skin. Leaves it smooth and comes to the aid of flaky skin. Apply runny honey to your face and make sure to keep clothing and your hair away from it. Keep it on for fifteen minutes and wash it off in the shower.
    A few years ago I was using clearasil and it destroyed my skin, I had absolutely huge spots that I never had before come out and my skin dried and flaked up in other areas. I used honey on my skin and even though it didn't work miracles it made things much better.

Same thing happens to my skin with heat (if by blotchy you mean it gets red and raw feeling.) Try the honey, keep it exfoliated and moisturise moisturise moisturise with whatever it is that you're using.

The best advice I can personally give is think natural. Something with a lot of alien products to your skin can't be brilliant, use natural stuff instead of that if you can.

If I can think of anything else I'll mention it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i find using tea tree oil helps,helps spots disappear a lot faster than they normally would too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Does the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream work?

Advertisement