Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.38 + CCI Mini Mag 40 Grain

Options
  • 05-07-2007 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Gang,

Have not been around for while.
    Need help in sourcing .38 Magteck and .22 CCI Mini Mag 40 Grain High Velocity 100 Box. Product Number 030.
    I have tried 2 Dealers in Tipperary. One will not bring in either.
    One tells he is getting them in since last year.

One near Cork never rings me back after the promise.
    I have rang a few others. Some say they will ring back. Never do.

Others tell me the have the them. I ask them ARE U SURE. When I drive 150 miles. It's CCI Standard 50 Box after I clearly state "MINI MAG 40 GRAIN HIGH VELOCITY 100 Box". Jesus H. Christ. Its like "I'd like to buy a ford fiesta. Yes we have them. When I arrive. It's a Honda 50.
    Why own a gun shop and sell the guns but dont supply the ammo.
    These rounds are not exotic.

Need help here guys and girls. 2 New Firearms 1-2 years old. Cannot get the ammo.
    Firearms Sergeant is asking why I dont buy ammo for these and if not why do I need them. He's got a point.

Can anyone put me in the direction of a dealer/dealers that carry the above.
    Please, before I loose 2 licences,
    Thanks fellow shooters,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Kimber wrote:

Need help here guys and girls. 2 New Firearms 1-2 years old. Cannot get the ammo.
    Firearms Sergeant is asking why I dont buy ammo for these and if not why do I need them. He's got a point.

Can anyone put me in the direction of a dealer/dealers that carry the above.
    Please, before I loose 2 licences,
    Thanks fellow shooters,
    Why do you have to have that particular brand and type of ammo?
    Surely if you are at risk of losing the licenses just buy a couple of boxes of whatever ammo is available at your local gunshop?
    Have you tried any other brands/types/velocities of ammo in your firearms?
    maybe you should try a few boxes of other stuff,
    I have 6 types of ammo for the .22 right now and am still trying different types to find out what my gun likes.
    spend €10 on 2 boxes and you have no problem with keeping your licenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Please,

All I ask. Deos anyone know where I can get these.
    I need them,
    No more no less,

I have spent a year explaining the same to dealers to no avail,

Thanks for the interest all the same,
    Kimber

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ardee sports import CCI, ring and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kildarejoe

Did you try Griffen Hawe in Athy, Tallaght rod and gun.
    The gun shop in rahan (forgive the spelling) near tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

ring this number 0868229827 its my local gun shop in ballymahon co.longford 90% sure he has them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the Help all,

38 Magtech Landed,
    CCI Mini Mag to go,

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Why would he lose your licenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

boc121 wrote:
    Why would he lose your licenses?

Anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

guards making up new rules ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

maybe the fao doesnt want him having pistols hes not using?? doesnt want pistols "lying" around as he might see it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

newby.204 wrote:
    maybe the fao doesnt want him having pistols hes not using?? doesnt want pistols "lying" around as he might see it?
    In that case, I fail to see why the OP absolutely must have the ammunition mentioned and nothing else will do. I've never heard of a Firearms Certificate that specifies an exact make and type of ammunition.
    I can understand someone looking for very specific stuff if that's what their guns work best with, but I would have thought it would be worth 'wasting' a few bob on 'inferior' ammunition if that was all it took to keep their Super/Firearms Officer happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sounds odd to me too. Never heard of it, in fact it's possible to import ammunition directly yourself if you can't get it here.

But .22lr and .38 is as common as muck, cheapest ammo around, so to my mind there's something slightly fishy about all this.

Would the original poster care to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Hi, CCI MINIMAG
    Tallaght rod and gun dont stock them.
    Skullys in Athlone will try sell you the wrong type. Duffys in Galway stock them and have a delivery service. Have a search on the net and you should find their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

mcguiver wrote:
    Hi, CCI MINIMAG
    Tallaght rod and gun dont stock them.
    Skullys in Athlone will try sell you the wrong type. Duffys in Galway stock them and have a delivery service. Have a search on the net and you should find their website.

http://www.shoot.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Nice one, I haven't used their ordering on line, but I do stock up anytime I'm in Galway.

Thanks Gang,

The main problem was the 38's.
    I could not get them. But with your help I found them.

The Firearms Sarg is as sound as you can get.
    He advised me to buy anything to register a purchase on the licence. He has a boss also.

But I really could not get them locally. I had to move out to other counties to sourse them. This is where your help came in.

A good point here is that the register of ammo purchase is being monitored.
    The guy is doing his job and was good enough to ring me on my mobile and give me a helpfull warning.

Yes I can purchase any .22 but I would be purchasing .22 that I cannot use and my feeling is why should I buy ammo that will collect dust.
    I need the Mini Mag HV Solid as it powerfull enough to cycle a Kimber .22/.45 and it is a solid that I can use on a range. Hollow points are a no no for a range.

Thanks gang for the help,

Advertisement