Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MD 500 or GC403

Options
  • 05-07-2007 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I defered my place on MD500 which is Mater Dei's Religion and Irish Studies degree course from last year and have also been offered a place on GC403 which is Griffith College Dublin's full time Irish Law degree course.

I can't decide which one to take. Money's not an issue as I saved my cash in case the griifth course came up.

I'd appreciate people's opinions on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Religion and Irish studies is vastly different to Law so it all boils down to what course you think you'd like the most and how you see the employment opportunities to be in the future. It seems as if you've already half made your choice though, as I don't think you would have saved up all the money if you didn't really want the GCD course?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Honestly I probably would have saved it anyway. If I went to Mater Dei it would mean I wouldn't really have to get part time work during college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

best thing to do is to see where each degree would lead you to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

irish law degree

I do have a question, what happens if I accept the Mater Dei course online through the CAO and don't take up the place in September(I was offered Griffith outside the CAO)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't actually know. You should email both the CAO and GCD and find out.

If I accept the Mater Dei place through the CAO now and don't take it in September could I still have to pay the registration fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I would always take a CAO course over a private one but that's just from where I stand. It really depends on what you want to do in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I would always take a CAO course over a private one but that's just from where I stand. It really depends on what you want to do in the future.

I think the private ones are included in the CAO system.

Some are some aren't. Entry onto the LLB is done both directly and through the CAO.

As I mentioned earlier does anyone know if I would have to pay the registration fees for Mater Dei if I accept it now but don't take it up in September?

• Advertisement
Advertisement