Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaboul Signs - more to follow?

Options
  • 05-07-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Kaboul has signed. There could be more to follow, but we could be lining up like this-
    Robinson
    Chimbonda Dawson King Bale

Jenas Zokora

Lennon Keane
    Berbatov Bent

If chimbonda could bring in Diarra and SWP, I think Jol might do it. We would need to find 5-6 million to close the deal, and find a new right back, but diarra is a rarity. In any event, we are now serious players, with one of the finest collection of young talent in europe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eiduap

Would be sad to us lose Chimbonda when we finally have the left back position sorted we will have to go an find a right back or defence looks solid on paper anyway can see us getting SWP or Glen Johnson for him can not see us getting Diarra for Chimbonda as he there as the future replacement of Makelele only one year left.Still think we need a Left winger with a left foot and a centre attacking midfielder so will not have to watch Jenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Think we won't put the cheque book away just yet, reckon LM is still a priority with rumours of SWP or Martin Petrov to fill that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

If we get an out and winger for the lhs and keep lennon on the right I can see our existing midfield of jenas and zokora being over run in games against the better teams. Those 2 aren't strong enuff to man a midfield with 2 out and out wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

yiddo wrote:
    If we get an out and winger for the lhs and keep lennon on the right I can see our existing midfield of jenas and zokora being over run in games against the better teams. Those 2 aren't strong enuff to man a midfield with 2 out and out wingers.

i agree, i would like to see a bit of steel added to the midfield ..but not sure who would be available ..maybe Jol and DC will pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise us

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Yeah but surely theres not that much money left!!?
    Would've though we'd have to sell a few to recoup even what's been spent.

If King and Dawson are fit won't Kaboul just be sitting on the bench?

If he opts for 5-3-2...won't Lennon be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Chimbonda wont be leaving ...

Would like to see murphy mido and Bambi shipped out to free up some space
    on the wage bill !!

Id say there is still plenty of money still to play with but I dont want a panic buy just for the sake of it. LM and CM are the obvious areas to strengthen but 1 would do to be honest. As I mentioned before, Id love to see someone like Nakamura come in...long time since we have seen a sweet leftie stretch teams at the lane !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Daily Mail has the Fulham player lined up as Chimbonda's replacement!!
    Hope not - like to Chimbo stay.

Still think Pedersen is the player we need.

Kaboul very highly rated in France - never seen him play.

Think we spent way too much on Bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Don't think we need two out and out wingers. SWP would be good, but not desperate for one. Two attacking full backs, a holding midfielder, two supporting midfielders, and three attackers, one wide, would seem a better balance. If we are really interested in Davies, then ledley must have serious problems long term. There is one other option of course, LK becomes the holding midfielder - again. We need to hit the ground running this season, so a settled pattern, with solidity and enough support players to capitalise on our strikers, is necessary. Would like to see us beter at consolidating a lead. At one or two- nil we either run riot or fall back and are under the cosh. Midfield balance is all important. With our four strikers ( does anyone think of Mido as being at the club anymore? ) we wont play two orthodox wingers, as that would leave us 4-2-4, unless 3 of the four, worth 35 mill in loose change, are watching. Ya Ya Toure was a snip for barca, combined well with Zokora in World Cup, but since Kanoute the demands on African internationals leaves MJ cagey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Could this article on the Spurs site give us a hint of the coming season?

Teemu hails Kaboul
    “First of all he’s a good lad and I’m happy he’s signed for Spurs,” said Teemu. “My last season in Auxerre was his first, he broke into the team and he’s very talented.

“He’s powerful, strong and quick but he’s a footballer as well and he can play in defensive midfield, I remember he did that earlier in his career.

From what I saw of the big man last Thursday, I think he'd make a solid DM.

Advertisement