Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pages not loading

Options
  • 05-07-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Ive been having a lot of problems recently with pages not loading. I dont get any error messages, database error messages or 404s. Just a blank screen. Instead of the thread titles coming up at the top of the tab I get the url.

eg where it should say "exam results - Page 2 - boards.ie" it says "http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055100505&page=2"

Hitting refresh doesnt make it load properly, Ive to close the tab and load the page again. This has happened to me a lot over the past 2 days with a lot of threads, perhaps its happening to others too.

Windows XP
    Firefox 2.0.0.4
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Same here. Seems to be a problem trying to view any page which isn't the first page. I also have XP and Firefox 2.0.0.4.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, happening me too and I'm using IE7, so I don't think it's a browser issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I'm getting it too .. it's started in the last few days. Just a blank page, but it usually appears if I hit Reload/F5, but sometimes takes two attempts. Using Firefox here fwiw.

Alun wrote:
    Yes, I'm getting it too .. it's started in the last few days. Just a blank page, but it usually appears if I hit Reload/F5, but sometimes takes two attempts. Using Firefox here fwiw.

Yeah, same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Same thing is happening to me as of late. Mightily irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

For me on FF 2.0.0.4, a refresh works, unlike the OP.

Bloomin' annoying alright, but easily remedied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Getting this all over the gaff today. Using IE and opera.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sioda wrote:
    Getting this all over the gaff today. Using IE and opera.
    No bother for me today. I'm using firefox. Occasionally I get a problem loading the forums index page. I just get a blank white page. I have to refresh it a couple of times before it's sorted but no big deal.

Usually the refersh works but today nada. Stoopid work machine wont take a firefox install

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sioda wrote:
    Stoopid work machine wont take a firefox install
    That's irritating. I doubt it would be anything with the browser itself though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Still not figured this one out yet, I'm afraid.

regi wrote:
    Still not figured this one out yet, I'm afraid.
    It's a bit of an odd problem all right. It's not that bid a deal though. A refresh or two usually solves it. Have ye any ideas what it could be?

True but prefer FF

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was having the same problem yesterday, though it seems fine today so far.

I had installed Opera instead, and pages did load, but incredibly slow, seemingly hanging with google-analytics.com before page finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Same occasionally over last couple of days (IE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pages slow to load today, some DB errors, some pages loading "bare"

nipplenuts wrote:
    Pages slow to load today, some DB errors, some pages loading "bare"
    I have noticed that as well. Some are loading with all the links and text but no design (it's kinda hard to explain what it looks like).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Been getting a few database errors today alright, been otherwise fine.

Sometimes it can be slow to open a page but then a few minutes later it's nice and zippy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm getting the same, also the occasional page loads with no style sheet, i.e. nice white background, Times font etc. etc. Usually a reload gets it back first time. Maybe something with the load sharing is going a bit haywire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Awful annoying. It's at it a lot today.

Alun wrote:
    I'm getting the same, also the occasional page loads with no style sheet, i.e. nice white background, Times font etc. etc. Usually a reload gets it back first time. Maybe something with the load sharing is going a bit haywire?

That happened to me once or twice earlier. Everything is fine for me now though. No database errors and it's pretty quick loading up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lots of page loading and (no-javascript? when the page shows up white with no styles..) error. Ongoing...

edit: same as ALun, aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

stovelid wrote:
    Lots of page loading and (no-javascript? when the page shows up white with no styles..) error. Ongoing...

edit: same as ALun, aye.
    That's the one I'm getting the most.
    Mildly irritating, but it's boards.ie after all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pages not loading here as well :confused:

It's been fine for me all day.

Advertisement