Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guard Tried to Take My Car

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Originally Posted by templetonpeck
    I bought a second hand car last week and have only driven it twice because it's not taxed
    If you have all the supporting documentation to prove to the Garda that you just bought it but intend to tax it there is no way they should do anything - it should be thrown out of court if it went that far. When I get my new car in a couple of weeks I'll be driving it as much as I bloody well need/want to whilst waiting for the documents.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yes there is 25 days grace on an expired tax disc or newly bought car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sometimes a small issue such as this can be totally blown out of proportion in a flash by one or both parties. A situation like this one is an easy fix. "Sorry Officer,,, me mammy died and I've had a mad few weeks but I'll be sorting it out this week. "no problem just do me a favour and produce the documents within 10 days like a good man" "No problem Officer"

Put it down to experience as to what happened. Once the philishave gang didn't stop you....

Advertisement