Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Caution : Barberstown to Clane, new limit.

Options
  • 05-07-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

If you know the area, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway.

If your coming from Celbridge direction, and you take the second exit at Barbertown roundabout heading for Clane, new speed limit signs have been put in place.

They are 50KPH signs heading for Clane for 1 mile approx(I clocked it). They are the same when coming from the Clane direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Gardai have the speed guns out here, easy pickings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Is there road works on the Celbridge to Clane Rd at the moment? I know that Maynooth was being used for a diversion to Celbridge in the last few weeks but I don't know where the diversion started. Or is it something to do with the Irish Open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Cheers for the tip off, I travel that road occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

eve wrote:
    Is there road works on the Celbridge to Clane Rd at the moment? I know that Maynooth was being used for a diversion to Celbridge in the last few weeks but I don't know where the diversion started. Or is it something to do with the Irish Open?

There was some roadworks on the road from Barberstown to Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

eve wrote:

Yeah, the roadworks are still there, this morning anyway. That road opens sometimes but not regularly. I drove down it after work Sunday morning from Celbridge to Barberstown, mostly resurfacing done, nice new tarmac laid.

It might have something to do with the Irish Open, but then you would expect temporary signs, the ones up now are official government issue jobbies:(

Advertisement