Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tow bar mounted dog transporter

Options
  • 05-07-2007 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Ive seen a few cars driving about with dog transportors/box mounted on the tow bar. They look neat and avoids having to drag a trailer round or having your boot wrecked.

Anyone know what they are called and where I can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't

Due to the turbulence at the back of the car, the dog inside this contraption will breathe nothing but exhaust fumes ...never mind what's going to happen to it in case of an accident :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mdfireng

Eh, how would this be any different to a dog trailer, which being more directly behind the car would be subject to more fumes and also probably more likely to be involved in an accident?

I am sure these devices have being adequately tested for these eventualities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would never trailer my dogs around either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Get a car boot liner, those other contraptions are a tad dangerous a dog wouldn't stand a chance in a minor crash. You could also (if the dog isn't large) use a dog crate they are brilliant plus keeps the dog confined and the area around it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Dog crates are the business in a car...
    Thats the way to go about it imo, if you dont want them in the back...

• Advertisement
Advertisement