Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling DVDs for £14.99 Bret Hart 3dvd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Not great for old dvds aroun €22 its alright if theres no delivery charge. But silvervision is good for WWE dvds and free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

why not download them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Thinking of getting this...

Silvervision have it for £21.99 with free postage

HMV is cheaper but how much do they charge for postage to Ire? Any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

theres a few good deals there though ... monday night wars 6.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

why not download them??

Because divx's usually are encoded poorly to save space and some of us like watching DVDs on a nice big screen, rather than hunched in front of a PC watching the matches ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

why not download them??

because its illegal:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's £4 delivery for the Bret dvd, so it would be cheaper from HMV than Silvervision at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Fozzy wrote:
    It's £4 delivery for the Bret dvd, so it would be cheaper from HMV than Silvervision at the moment
    Thanks for that Fozzy. Will go order it now!!

Bret Hart DVD is good got it for free for ordering off wweshop, the documentary bit is great but the matches are kinda of lacking, not one match with Shawn but part of the deal was he was allowed choose the matches he wanted on it, so there you go.

EdK wrote:
    Bret Hart DVD is good got it for free for ordering off wweshop, the documentary bit is great but the matches are kinda of lacking, not one match with Shawn but part of the deal was he was allowed choose the matches he wanted on it, so there you go.

Really? What was the Rockers vs Hart Foundation from SNME in April 90 then? Scotch mist or English fog? ;)

Seriously, that was basically the beginning of the parallel singles push of both guys as they had planned to split both teams by the end of that year, it never happened though until the year after.

VR!

• Advertisement

Really? What was the Rockers vs Hart Foundation from SNME in April 90 then? Scotch mist or English fog? ;)

Seriously, that was basically the beginning of the parallel singles push of both guys as they had planned to split both teams by the end of that year, it never happened though until the year after.

VR!

Yes i'd really be refering to a rockers match, I'm obviously talking about matches like the Iron Man match, but it does take a smartass to prove me so drastically wrong.

EdK wrote:
    Yes i'd really be refering to a rockers match, I'm obviously talking about matches like the Iron Man match, but it does take a smartass to prove me so drastically wrong.

Now why in the hell would they waste an hour of DVD time on that when they had way better matches. The point i was trying to make really was that he obviously didn't hate Shawn enough to completely exclude him.

As for being proven wrong, i'll reserve comment, i believe the powers that be are watching me ;)
    (heres a hint tho: Fozzy proved you wrong earlier with the silvervision v hmv prices, does that make him a smartass too?)

VR!

Now why in the hell would they waste an hour of DVD time on that when they had way better matches. The point i was trying to make really was that he obviously didn't hate Shawn enough to completely exclude him.

As for being proven wrong, i'll reserve comment, i believe the powers that be are watching me ;)
    (heres a hint tho: Fozzy proved you wrong earlier with the silvervision v hmv prices, does that make him a smartass too?)

VR!

He didn't completely exclude him because people would know why he completely excluded him. You can't have A Bret Hart DVD without Shawn Michaels and vice versa. Alot of the extra matches are poor choices to be honest.

EdK wrote:
    He didn't completely exclude him because people would know why he completely excluded him. You can't have A Bret Hart DVD without Shawn Michaels and vice versa. Alot of the extra matches are poor choices to be honest.

I wouldn't go far, but you're entitled to your opinion. If that was down to you to pick the matches, what would you put on it. Bearing in mind that you'd have to pick from around 82-99 and you only had 2 dvds to put it on?

VR!

I didn't say all the stuff was cheaper did I?, And Fozzy isn't a nororious smartass either.

EdK wrote:
    I didn't say all the stuff was cheaper did I?, And Fozzy isn't a nororious smartass either.

Neither am i! I just made a point
    Incidently Silvervision is listing it at €32, not €22 as you state for "old DVD's" and the Bret one has been out just over a year so one assumes it's in that category.

As for the Bret matches, how can you say his matches with Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, both PPV matches with Hennig and both PPV matches with Davey Boy, as well as a Harts v Bulldogs and Harts v Rockers match were "poor picks"?

The only poor pick on that DVD was the Austin one in my opinion, their Survivor Series 96 match was way better in my opinion, although the Wrestlemania one was more historic, but only for the ending.

VR!

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - WrestleMania 13 (1997)

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, Steel Cage Match - Summer Slam (1994)

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog - Summer Slam (1992)

WrestleMania VIII - Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart November 25, 1992

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart October 12, 1992

SummerSlam - Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect August 26, 1991

WWE RAW - Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon December 23, 1996

The Legion of Doom (Hawk & Animal) vs The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) from 1990.

WWE SummerSlam - Bret Hart vs. Undertaker

Undertaker, DiBiase, Honky Tonk & Valentine vs. Dusty, Koko & Hart Foundation November 22, 1990

Wrestlemania X Bret Hart vs Owen Hart

I'd keep some but add a few more this is what I came up with

Neither am i! I just made a point
    Incidently Silvervision is listing it at €32, not €22 as you state for "old DVD's" and the Bret one has been out just over a year so one assumes it's in that category.

As for the Bret matches, how can you say his matches with Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, both PPV matches with Hennig and both PPV matches with Davey Boy, as well as a Harts v Bulldogs and Harts v Rockers match were "poor picks"?

The only poor pick on that DVD was the Austin one in my opinion, their Survivor Series 96 match was way better in my opinion, although the Wrestlemania one was more historic, but only for the ending.

VR!

I was refering more the the likes of the Ric Flair DVD which is a few years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Incidently Silvervision is listing it at €32

€34 actually, you'd be saving €6 with HMV

I don't think there's much point in arguing about which matches are on the dvd, as Bret did pick them himself. I've never actually gotten round to watching it...if only I had €28...

Fozzy wrote:

I don't think there's much point in arguing about which matches are on the dvd, as Bret did pick them himself. I've never actually gotten round to watching it...if only I had €28...

It's not an argument it's a discussion. I was gonna mention it was €34 but I said I wouldn't bother haha.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, Steel Cage Match - Summer Slam (1994)

Already available on the cage match DVD, and i thought the Action Zone match was way better, no gimmicks involved!
    EdK wrote:
    WrestleMania VIII - Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper
    I think they were saving this for the Piper one, you'll notice the Piper one theres interview bits from 03 as well as 06. I think they had planned to do that earlier and scrapped it cos of his HBO blasting of Vince
    EdK wrote:
    Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart November 25, 1992
    That really wasn't THAT good of a match i don't think. They'd have better ones after that. Shawn wasn't really up to main event level at that point, and Bret knew it.
    EdK wrote:
    Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart October 12, 1992
    Again, not one you'd stick as a chronicle piece. It was focused on the documentary, but the match itself was pretty bland, you'll find it on the Smack em Whack em Coliseum tape.
    EdK wrote:
    WWE RAW - Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon December 23, 1996

The FAKE Razor? Be serious please! :)
    EdK wrote:
    The Legion of Doom (Hawk & Animal) vs The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) from 1990.

Seen this, it's on one of the best of WWF Coliseum tapes, it's good without being great and doesn't really stand out for a comp that's meant to chronicle his career.
    EdK wrote:
    WWE SummerSlam - Bret Hart vs. Undertaker
    Horses for courses i guess. But i personally think the ONO match was better, cos i'm not a big fan of screwy endings anyway.
    EdK wrote:
    Undertaker, DiBiase, Honky Tonk & Valentine vs. Dusty, Koko & Hart Foundation November 22, 1990

The ending sequence is almost done move for move on that match against DiBiase anyway!
    EdK wrote:
    I'd keep some but add a few more this is what I came up with

Well again, your opinion is yours, but i noticed you left the first ten years or so of his career out and focused on the 90s. You blanked his WCW career completely too. The DVD was to chronicle his career, not just his glory years.

VR!

Fozzy wrote:

Do'h! I've no excuse for misreading that one!
    VR!

He was under used in WCW and they didn't know what to do with him. To be honest I havn't seen much Bret from WCW.

I know the matches aren't all classics but they all show different aspects and different parts of his career and the story element with the fake Razor match, Hall jumping to WCW was the start of the defections. I might also include his ladder match from Stampede wrestling in full.

EdK wrote:
    He was under used in WCW and they didn't know what to do with him. To be honest I havn't seen much Bret from WCW.

I know the matches aren't all classics but they all show different aspects and different parts of his career and the story element with the fake Razor match, Hall jumping to WCW was the start of the defections. I might also include his ladder match from Stampede wrestling in full.

The one against Bad News Allen? That was pretty decent alright.
    That fake Razor match wasn't bad for what it was worth to be honest, Rick Bogner wasn't a bad worker.

But Bret did have some good matches in WCW too, his match against Benoit at Mayhem 99 was also pretty good as it was held in Toronto and the crowd went batsh*t for it. He had some good matches with Goldberg too, shame about the last one he had that Goldberg kicked him so hard that it put him out for life.

VR!

Bret & Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart & Brian Pillman vs. Steve Austin & Ken Shamrock & Goldust & Legion of Doom,Calgary

Bret Vs Razor Royal Rumble 1993

Couple more I remembered enjoying

The one against Bad News Allen? That was pretty decent alright.
    That fake Razor match wasn't bad for what it was worth to be honest, Rick Bogner wasn't a bad worker.

But Bret did have some good matches in WCW too, his match against Benoit at Mayhem 99 was also pretty good as it was held in Toronto and the crowd went batsh*t for it. He had some good matches with Goldberg too, shame about the last one he had that Goldberg kicked him so hard that it put him out for life.

VR!

Bret carried Goldberg to be fair but star vs star it was good.

Yeah the one against Allen good for it's time

EdK wrote:
    Bret & Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart & Brian Pillman vs. Steve Austin & Ken Shamrock & Goldust & Legion of Doom,Calgary

Bret Vs Razor Royal Rumble 1993

Couple more I remembered enjoying

Surprised the Canadian Stampede match wasn't included to be honest!
    Bret v Razor at that Rumble, i remember hearing a rumour about it being Bret v a heel turned Warrior originally but he got turfed out before it had a chance to surface.

Good debate man,
    VR!

Honourable mention to bob Backlund haha

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    Honourable mention to bob Backlund haha
    Not that horrible wrestlemania match with Piper as ref!!

VR!

Hell no haha, Survivor Series 1994 Crossface vs Sharpshooter

Advertisement