Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Towing/AA

• 05-07-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

My chain came off both sprockets last night on my way home, luckily I was only 200 metres from my house.

Tried to get it back on but no such luck, need to get it to the garage. I'm not covered by the AA or any other breakdown cover at the moment.

If I joined today the AA would they come out tomorrow/monday and take it to the garage? or should I just need to call a towing company?

Any suggestions welcome :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Some Bike Insurance companys are offering breakdown cover as standard. Ring yours. :)

A lot of the bike shops should be able to give you the number of some guy with a van who will pick up the bike for you. At least thats what they do in Lee motorcycles. I think it cost me about 30 or 40 euros the last time I had a puncture. Cheaper than joining the AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Armadillo wrote:
    Some Bike Insurance companys are offering breakdown cover as standard. Ring yours. :)

Rang them, they don't offer breakdown cover to motorbikes.
    A lot of the bike shops should be able to give you the number of some guy with a van who will pick up the bike for you. At least thats what they do in Lee motorcycles. I think it cost me about 30 or 40 euros the last time I had a puncture. Cheaper than joining the AA.

I think I might have to go down this route...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

just loosen the bolts at the end of the swingarm with a spanner, push the wheel forward a bit a slip the chain back on. its easy. save you wasting 50euro on a recovery service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

bjmotors wrote:
    just loosen the bolts at the end of the swingarm with a spanner, push the wheel forward a bit a slip the chain back on. its easy. save you wasting 50euro on a recovery service.

Tried that - the chain has come off the sprocket in the engine too :( so I'd have to take some of the casing off to get at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement