Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapping a gearbox

Options
  • 05-07-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm finally up and running again but I've been looking around to try and scrap the old gearbox. I went to the Ballyogan place and they wouldn't take it because there was a drop of transmission fluid in it (barely enough to even wet the gears!). Anyone have any suggestions where to get rid of it in the North Wicklow/ South Dublin region? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Could you attack it with brake cleaner, or maybe make a bonfire and leave it in there for a while? Then bring it back to ballyogan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Bring it to any of the gearbox reconditioning places, they love scrap gearboxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up going to Hammond Lane up by the Pigeon House and got rid of it there at last!

I do have a second box in perfect condition, it was the wrong type for my car and I just want it to go to a good home. It's an automatic gearbox for a Nissan Sunny with electronic kickdown (I needed cable-kickdown). If anybody here wants it or knows of anyone that would use it just let me know and I'll drop it to wherever. I don't want to scrap it as it does work and it'd be a sin to scrap it anyway!

Advertisement