Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techie Help Needed

• 05-07-2007 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there folks,

I am the unfotunate subscriber to the 3mb Digiweb Metro package with the 30Gb cap and I am looking for help in getting the thing working wirelessly!

I am using the cable modem at the moment to connect it to 2 pcs, and the only problem is that because its cable I can't hook up my Netopia 2247 NWG wifi router.

I know that switches can be connected to the Thomson cable modem but what I am looking to do is connect up my netopia to the Thomson via ethernet and hopefully set up a wifi network that way!

Anybody got any ideas that will help me with this issue?

Thanks a million in advance!
    Ionize

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ionize

I have just phoned Digiweb support regarding this issue and have been informed by quite a helpful bloke on their support team that, even though the documentation that comes with the cable router states that it can be hooked up to a switch, this is not in fact the case and that the documentation is older than the router itself.

So basically from what I gather, if you don't go out and buy yourself a wifi cable router you can not get wifi working in anyway what so ever.

Now I am sure that there is a way to get this working LOL And i'm will to try anything to get it up and running.

So again any help from you techies out there would be greatly appreciated!

Ionize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Why do you need to use the Netopia.

If you buy a wireless access point and a switch, surely that would work without having to reconfigure the Netopia from DSL router to Wireless Access Point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Sorry, did not see you second post in time.

Am somewhat surprised by that but am not an expert on cable modems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

There is a pretty large thread on it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055013272

I didn't read thru it all but even the first starts to give info on working with metro bb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

Digiweb don't know their arse from their elbow the way I see it.

You won't be able to get that router working with digiweb because it's an ADSL modem router. So it will work with a DSL signal on your phone line but not with that Thomson modem

What you need is a WLAN router which you can plug the Thomson into. You then configure the router to use the IP adresses digiweb gave you to communicate with their WLAN. The WLAN router does not include a modem, the Thomson has to be the modem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement