Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you used a spider catcher?

Options
  • 05-07-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

There are two spider catchers which I'm interested in.

The first is a vacuum type which I'm sure would be very effective...
    http://www.buyabugbuster.com/page/index.asp?pageCatID=10

The second is a bristle type which captures the spider...
    http://www.spidercatcher.net/EU/product.htm

I'm sure the vacuum one would be effective. A battery is required, but I can always just use a rechargeable battery.

No battery is required for the bristle type one. Though I wonder how easy it would be to catch spiders with. Would it be as effective as the vacuum one?

Anyone here used either of these products? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

An empty yoghurt pot and a bit of cardboard to slide underneath it do it for me .. why spend all that money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

We have one of the bristle type ones (bought in the gadget shop in dublin I think??) and it does work but can be tricky with the smaller lads. :) For daddy long legs and the likes its great. But it can be a pain in the a** trying to catch the smaller/faster ones. It's good fun hunting in the shed with it though LOL

Don't know much about the vac one but it looks great, may even get one myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

Alun wrote:
    An empty yoghurt pot and a bit of cardboard to slide underneath it do it for me .. why spend all that money?
    Sometimes they're high up the wall so it'd be handy to have something that would reach up to them.
    We have one of the bristle type ones (bought in the gadget shop in dublin I think??) and it does work but can be tricky with the smaller lads. :) For daddy long legs and the likes its great. But it can be a pain in the a** trying to catch the smaller/faster ones.
    That's what I was wondering. Since all the spiders I get in my house nowadays only seem to come in size large and are therefore usually quite fast!

Maybe I'll just go for the vacuum one.
    Don't know much about the vac one but it looks great, may even get one myself! :)
    You can buy them on eBay, they're cheaper there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

zoe wrote:
    You can buy them on eBay, they're cheaper there.

Thanks, ill check them out :)

Advertisement