Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 5 Bar Signal Reading From Digiweb But Still A Fail?

Options
  • 05-07-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Just had a very helpfull installer out to my place for the secound time in a year. Called through cos the base station had been moved locally.

Anyways, he said i must have been praying to the gods as i was picking up a 5 bar reading and he was about to start running the cable when he got a call to sat the signal wasn't strong enough? he told the guy on the other end that he had a continus 5 bar for the better part of an hr with no drop.

Is there anything i can do about this? If theres anybody working with digiweb here that can advice me what i could do next please. You have no idea how i felt when i heard yes only then to be told no.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ring/Email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Just had a very helpfull installer out to my place for the secound time in a year. Called through cos the base station had been moved locally.

Anyways, he said i must have been praying to the gods as i was picking up a 5 bar reading and he was about to start running the cable when he got a call to sat the signal wasn't strong enough? he told the guy on the other end that he had a continus 5 bar for the better part of an hr with no drop.

Is there anything i can do about this? If theres anybody working with digiweb here that can advice me what i could do next please. You have no idea how i felt when i heard yes only then to be told no.

Its Simple...The customers cpe unit can see the base station, but the base station cannot see the cpe, or weekly. Dont forget the base station is only a 15db omni, while the cpe is a 19db panel with much more "punch".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I thought Metro was in sectors , not omnis .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its their old wireless system in Mountrath the op is speaking about.

Gotya paddy, I thought they had a metro licence around there too but it may not be live yet.

Here are the locations where Metro is or will be at some stage in future. Inside the black ring .

10_5ghz_chc.jpg

10_5ghz_cha.jpg

10_5ghz_chb.jpg

10_5ghz_chd.jpg

10_5ghz_che.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

watty wrote:
    Ring/Email them.

Was onto them before the installer even left. Sent an email to both ther customer/technical & order/sales dep. If i don't hear any thing in a day or so i will call them.

Who would one expect this case to fair out? The guy who was instaling said they had turned up the volume on some of the base stations around the country. What are the chances of them doing it for one person in a small town.

Operators turned up the volume on all 3.5ghz base stations because comreg let them recently .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sponge Bob wrote:

Any radio system to an extent can be sectored or Omni.

You'll use sectors in higher density area and an Omni in a isolated sparse rural area.

If you don't have multiple channels, you do have a problem on the boundary between sectors, though some fast chipped spread spectrum and some OFDMA systems can cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Sponge Bob,
    Can you post a link showing where you got those maps from on the Comreg website?

Cheers,
    Zug

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

zugvogel wrote:
    Sponge Bob,
    Can you post a link showing where you got those maps from on the Comreg website?

Cheers,
    Zug
    Here
    http://www.comreg.ie/radio_spectrum/fwala_licensing.541.531.html

Scroll to 'Step 2. Check Spectrum Availability' and click the links for each map.

• Advertisement
Advertisement