Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Romantic Picnic

• 05-07-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, for my birthday my man gave me a picnic set, with champagne and a menu for a romantic italian picnic enclosed. The date and venue are of my choosing. Any suggestions as to where? If this rain ever stops :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In which county you are based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Sorry should have said, pretty new to this. Based in Dublin, Ireland, South Dublin and Wicklow easiest to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can add Location in settings http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editprofile

As to picnic area, how about Glendalough?

We were looking at there but it always seesm to be very crowded. We don't want total isolation of anything, but some degree of privacy would be nice. I had a look last night and Powercourt Waterfall looked nice. But I guess that would be very crowded too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

The grounds of UCD are pretty deserted at this time of the year. There are some nice fields there (seriously). Before I had a nice, south-facing garden, I used to sunbathe there with my girlfriend. Some places are so secluded there that she could get away with wearing just a g-string.

Watch out for people walking dogs though. Invariably the dog will lollop over to you and either try to mount you or eat your food. The owner follows soon after, but is usually better behaved.

That boyfriend sounds like a keeper. I'm going to steal his picnic idea. My oppressed girlfriend is always complaining that I'm not romantic enough.

• Advertisement

Hi rediguana,

lol. Me, my guy, a slobbering dog and a g-string mmmmm maybe romance will be well gone.

I think I've decided on the Iveagh Gardens, they're not too crowded, we can Luas in, so can both enjoy the champers, if we want to continue on in town we can leave our picnic gear with some mates who live in town and make a night of it too.

Now all we need is for the weather to pick up so we can actually have a picnic.

And believe me I have no intentions of letting my man go any where ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Oh yeah, the Iveagh Gardens! They're gorgeous. I worked for six months on Harcourt Street and would always balm out there for my lunch along with all the other office rats.

Now I work in Ballybrack, where it's probably better to stay indoors on your lunch break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Was just about to suggest Iveagh Gardens too! Hopefully you'll get some sunshine!
    That is a such a cute idea...will be stealing it as well!

Thanks guys for your help. I'm looking forward to it now and met eireann is on my favourites bar.
    Hope rediguana and cheese princess have a good time on your picnics. Maybe we've started a new trend :cool:

Advertisement