Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New logo, Feedback on it please

Options
  • 05-07-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I just made this logo for my new site,

Can some of you review it and let me know what you think and what i might do to improve it,

thanks
    Regards
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is it just me or does the circle in the middle seem to be off centre vertically? The bottom looks smaller than the top...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

yes it is a little.. But apart from that how does it look ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i adjusted the logo so the the inner circle is right in the middle, If it looks off its just the colours playing tricks on you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The curving "Poker Tables Ireland" text looks weird... did you non-uniform scale it after assigning it to the curve?

I'd think about simplifying the logo a bit too... make sure you're happy with how it'll look a half or a quater of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The capital I in Ireland looks very similar to the lower case L in the same word - might make it tricky for someone to pick up on the word at first glance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

The typeface is the only problem i see. It is, perhaps a bit bold, given that it will be scaled down to webpage logo size. When scaled down it might become illegible. maybe a simpler, skinnier less 'chubby/bubbly' font might fit better.
    incidently, font size 10pt with larger word/line spacings is proven to be more legible than say 12pt with normal spacings. This principle could be applied here, and is often used in advertising.

Other than that though it looks real good, like the poker chip thing. good luck with the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Hi, it seems to be too large and has too much text.
    How large is the logo going to be on the webpage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 aidanmcg

Slightly off the logo topic, but on your website in relation to the poker chips the images being used should be resized to the size required in your webpage. They look distorted at the minute and dont display the chips well.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Donketstyle and Rollo have a point, how is that logo going to look at say at third of it's current size ?

Besides that i'd say a great effort so far with loads of potential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

IMO there's too much going on in the logo :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

i don't like the text going around in the cirlce.. Its annoying to read. Its hard to focus on exactly what the logo is trying to get through to the person who views it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

needs work dude. i like the poker table effect you're going for, but.....

it would not optimise well at all, if you scaled it down 25% the text would be unreadable, it would just be a bloby mess.

i'd say, loose the curved text, and bring it outside the circle, so it's readable.

needs to be more simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

text "poker tables ireland" is too difficult to read. If you ever have to scale this down for letterhead or a website it will be illegible.

You could try using the centre bit on its own and then placing "poker tables Ireland" to the left or right outside the circle.

Might work better for website and letterhead. from my experience, gradient colours are more difficult to print and possibly more costly, could be wrong though.

Advertisement