Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip in Social Policy

Options
  • 05-07-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi!!

Is anyone starting this course this September?

Or has anyone done the course who can tell me what its like?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Yeah its excellent. Very interesting course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ABC1000

lolli wrote:
    Hi!!

Is anyone starting this course this September?

Or has anyone done the course who can tell me what its like?

Thanks!!

Hi Lolli,

I'm just wondering if you found out any info about the HDip in Social Policy. I'm also starting the course in in September! :) I'll also be a new student to UCD. The only thing that I've been told is that the commencement date is 10th September.

I contacted UCD the other day, but they said that the Course Director is on holidays and that we'll get further information closer to the date.
    Do you know anything else???!!! :confused:
    I'd be interested in know what the time table is like or any information really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kathrynleona

Hey, yeah starting on Monday :o Just figured out the timetables and stuff and battling my way through online reg! Does anyone have any info on what the modules are like? In particular "Policy development, Implementation and Evaluation", "Globalisation, Migration and Ethnicity", "Sustainable Development, Community and Neighbourhood" and the vaguely titled "Approaches to Social Issues"? Thanks

Hey, yeah starting on Monday :o Just figured out the timetables and stuff and battling my way through online reg! Does anyone have any info on what the modules are like? In particular "Policy development, Implementation and Evaluation", "Globalisation, Migration and Ethnicity", "Sustainable Development, Community and Neighbourhood" and the vaguely titled "Approaches to Social Issues"? Thanks

Hi,
    Yeah, I've registered on-line as well but as regards the subject options, I'm not sure yet. I was considering 3 of the modules you've mentioned above - but to be honest, I don't know enough about any of them yet. Sounds like you know just as much as me!:) I guess that's what we'll find out on Monday though?

Someone who already did the BA in Social Science - the lectures we'll apparently be sitting in on - told me that "Sustainable Development, Community and Neighbourhood" is quite boring and that she was sorry she picked it - she thought it was gonna be more interesting. I was considering this module, but now I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hi Guys!!!!

We have report to a room on monday at 12. I registered for my courses also. Where were you guys in college before?

I went to UCD but wouldnt know anyone there now.

• Advertisement

Room F308

ABC1000 wrote:
    Someone who already did the BA in Social Science - the lectures we'll apparently be sitting in on - told me that "Sustainable Development, Community and Neighbourhood" is quite boring and that she was sorry she picked it - she thought it was gonna be more interesting. I was considering this module, but now I don't know!
    :eek:

ah! oops too late now already registered in fear everything i wanted would be taken already, sounds so interesting (insofar as a one-line description can sound ;)), ah well we'll see on monday. theres a social policy dev and implementation lecture on an 9 according to my sis student web thing- this newfangled online thing is v useful but v overwhelming- so much info, reading lists etc. hi lolli went to ucd before but we never used blackboard :)

:eek:

ah! oops too late now already registered in fear everything i wanted would be taken already, sounds so interesting (insofar as a one-line description can sound ;)), ah well we'll see on monday. theres a social policy dev and implementation lecture on an 9 according to my sis student web thing- this newfangled online thing is v useful but v overwhelming- so much info, reading lists etc. hi lolli went to ucd before but we never used blackboard :)

Hi Guys again!!
    Katherynleona, when you say that you registered in fear everything you wanted would be taken already, do you mean that you've chosen your optional modules? I've did the online registration, but I thought we could only start choosing those subject from the 11th Sept? All I've done is registered online so far. Is that what both of you guys did?? :confused:

And that lecture on the timetable on Mondays at 9am, do we need to go to that? I just presumed we just turn up for 12 o'clock to Room F308 in the Newman building. But now I'm starting to think otherwise!!!

Hey, yeah i registered for tutorials and stuff too but there are some clashes- registration should be all this week- it says we can change anyway, am sure we'll all be filled in on this tomorrow- it's pretty confusing. planning to turn up for the 9 lecture :s see what happens! see you guys tomo :)

Hi Guys,

I dont have that lecture at 9, I have one at 4. I've registered for everything as well, tutorials and all. I havent found anywhere to live in Dublin so i'm busing it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement