Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Halo Going to live up to the Hype

• 06-07-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

Is Halo 3 Going to Live up to the Hype
    Well?

Ive only ever played a few games of Halo and while i thought it was ok, i never got into the whole buzz about it being so super - not a huge first person shooter fan.

But according to Microsoft and just about everubody else this game is going to change all that - and my life for that matter - yet the reviews of the beta that was released that the graphics still need a lot of work and the all round feel was very similar to previous Halos with very little new added

What tricks do you think they might have that there just havent mentioed yet?

As we knoe GTA 4 and PES 2008 wil be coming out round the same time - two games im far more interested in at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

doyler442 wrote:
    Is Halo 3 Going to Live up to the Hype
    Well?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Well according to the reviews ive seen they say the weapons are much better balanced and the items you can pick up are real good. Graphics on a beta are not going to represent the finished product which is still a good distance off so not a big deal that it dosnt look great now. If you didnt like the other halos (like myself) your probably not going to be bothered by this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i dont know

halo 2 didnt, so im wondering how this one will fare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i couldnt care less about halo 3 multiplayer, because we all know that within an hour of release, live will be swamped by all manner of inbred troglodytes screaming OMFG YOU STOLE MAH MAN CANNON YOU FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB. So ill be buying it in the hopes that they rescue the SP from the forgetability that was halo 2's sp.
    This is a new screenshot from halo 3 sp, apparrently taken in game, according to bungie, you too will be able to take screenshots in game, just like this

Untitled-5.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

0ubliette wrote:
    OMFG YOU STOLE MAH MAN CANNON YOU FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB. [/img]

That is soooo annoying when you get idiots like that but you could turn off your headset. Or you could play with people you know, unless they talk like that too :D I still play Halo 2 multiplayer on Xlink Kai against mates. (For PS3 owners that always whinge about the price of Live, that's a free way of playing multiplayer games on the Xboxes, bit of a hack though and a bit technical)

I thought the single player was good craic. Too short though. At the ending video you're thinking wow this is going to be good and start gearing up for a battle and then it pops up with the credits.

As to whether it lives up to the hype or not. I don't care. I enjoyed Halo 1 & 2 and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

0ubliette wrote:
    i couldnt care less about halo 3 multiplayer, because we all know that within an hour of release, live will be swamped by all manner of inbred troglodytes screaming OMFG YOU STOLE MAH MAN CANNON YOU FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB.

Thats why theres clans.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Oh no! Master Chiefs rifle has the Red Ring of Death. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

JM MARCONI wrote:
    Oh no! Master Chiefs rifle has the Red Ring of Death. :eek:
    Its a shopped picture, heres the orignial: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6582/h3wsjchief673cf4br5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

As everyone knows, Halo 3 is meant to be amazing n brilliant n be great in bed.... If its meant to be so good etc etc etc why is it that everyhwere i read all i see is, "if you didn't like the previous Halo's then this is probably not for you".

If its meant to be such a great fapping game then it should be for everyone. I liked playing FPS on the PC. Hated them on consoles, got GOW n that changed everything. It was different to anything else i'd played n it geats played at least 3 times a week. I played the Halo 3 beta n i thought it was pants, real pants....

I know its got a huge following so any big changes could ruin all that but from what i can see is its shinyer with a few extras. Not much to warrant all the Hype.

For me... GOW 2 cant come quick enough. Halo 3, might pick it up when it goes platinum... maybe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

unklerosco wrote:
    For me... GOW 2 cant come quick enough. Halo 3, might pick it up when it goes platinum... maybe

Right on. For me Gears did everything Halo was meant to do, but many times better. Sure it was a flawed game, but I have rarely been so enthralled by a simple action game.
    Halo, I have given it a chance. I only played the first one in 2005, and the second one straight after. I tried hard to like them both, and played both campaigns through to the end. But I just didnt enjoy them - all the repetition, rubbish characters / story / enemies etc...
    Halo did give us one great innovation - rechargable shields / health, which has taken the annoyance out of loads of recent games - but otherwise I couldnt care less about the games. As someone said, the online is nearly unplayable without friends / a clan.
    Halo 3 could surprise me (which I doubt), but in any case, I certainly do not think I will be buying this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Gears 2, with the flaws sorted.. longer single player game n new multiplayer games could/will be bloomin faptastic.

I spent 5hrs playing online last night with my mates... never spend that amount of time playing any other games, its just so easy to get into.. Its pure n simple fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

unklerosco wrote:
    Gears 2, with the flaws sorted.. longer single player game n new multiplayer games could/will be bloomin faptastic.

I spent 5hrs playing online last night with my mates... never spend that amount of time playing any other games, its just so easy to get into.. Its pure n simple fun
    For all I admit gears is good craic with friends but I prefer Halo maybe it is because if you take away gears of wars gloosy sheen there is very little left whereas Halo does have a sort of alienesque storyline and kept me hooked (well in the first one anyway:o :o the second one was ****e:D :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

lol..didnt realise id posted the rrod photoshopped version by mistake :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its a shopped picture, heres the orignial: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6582/h3wsjchief673cf4br5.jpg
    Forgive my ignorance but what's the difference? All I can see is that it's missing some red lights on the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance but what's the difference? All I can see is that it's missing some red lights on the gun.

Those red lights are the lights that appears on a 360 when it dies and needs to be sent off for repair. (Red Ring Of Death : RROD)

Advertisement