Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone here collect wrestling figures

• 06-07-2007 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

well i have nearly 40 but IMO the Classic Superstar ones are the best i have Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Sensational Sherri, DDP, LJN Austin and Demolition, I Don't know if anyone read the article in the WWE Magazine (The One with Lashley, Cena and Taker on the cover) with a guy called Tim Ash, His Collection is Amazing, I Buy my Collection out of Wrestling-Mania in St.Stephen's Green S/C in Dublin, What about you, who do you have?

P.S: If you don't like Wrestling Figures don't come here and Bash other people and say '' Figures are For Babys'' or something like that, if you don't like this thread don't write in. simple

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i dont collect them but theres a few of the classic superstars i wouldnt mind having,i do still have a mint hardy boyz WWF two-pack from around when wrestlemania 16 was on,this one:467_figure1.jpg i might stick it on ebay cos its just sitting on a shelf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i don`t collect them or anything but I used to have a JYD figure when I was a kid... Now that was cool!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i did used to have all those old ljn versions the ones that had "slamming action!" which mean hogans hands went up and down when you squeezed his feet,now those were toys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've never owned any, but my mate had a Randy Savage figure that I thought was cool, he had a big bulge coming out of his back so you could press down on it and make him do the elbow drop. Looked really stupid but it was cool all the same

I think it was the Ultimate Warrior actually. You could press him down and make it look like he had short legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Back in the day, around 1990ish I guess, the figures they used to have were twice the size and they weren't made out of the shiny plastic stuff today, they were made out of some sort of hard plasticine or mala.

Anyway, all I ever wanted when my mam would come back from town would be a Hulk Hogan one. I never got one but I had like 3 Hacksaw Jim Duggan ones which frustrated me greatly at the time. I've hated Jim Duggan ever since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

My brother has a couple of hundred has probably been collecting for over ten years from classics to current

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Back in the day, around 1990ish I guess, the figures they used to have were twice the size and they weren't made out of the shiny plastic stuff today, they were made out of some sort of hard plasticine or mala.

Anyway, all I ever wanted when my mam would come back from town would be a Hulk Hogan one. I never got one but I had like 3 Hacksaw Jim Duggan ones which frustrated me greatly at the time. I've hated Jim Duggan ever since!

I actually remember having one of those which was a lot like Hulk Hogan but I can't remember if it was a real one or one of those fake knock-offs. :D

I only have one wrestling figure and it's of The Rock. It's from the WWF days and he's wearing a 'Know Your Role' t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I actually remember having one of those which was a lot like Hulk Hogan but I can't remember if it was a real one or one of those fake knock-offs. :D

I'd say it was the real thing. If it was a fake knock off I probably would have got one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

my most recent buys are RA27 Kennedy, Masters, DA9 Sandman, AD24 London/Kendrick, DA4 Boogeyman and The Classics i mentioned above, i'm looking for some figs on ebay and i'm curently ''watching'' 8 items, Hunter Hearst Hemsley, Iron Sheik, Hulk Hogan/Andre, HBK/Bret Screwjob, Vader, Bret Hart in the Classic Series, i'm also watching PPV12 Flair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

woooo232 wrote:
    i don`t collect them or anything but I used to have a JYD figure when I was a kid... Now that was cool!:D

I still have that one someplace was it a rubber one with red pants and white boots? sadly mine only has one boot though cause in fairness those figures where fairly chewable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

At first I wanted to make fun of this thread, but then I remembered that over ten years ago I had a Hulk Hogan and an Ultimate Warrior, both of which could body press, a Macho Man that could Double Axe Handle, and a Jake Roberts that could Short-Arm Clothesline. I have no idea where they are now. I'd love to find them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackwell

Anybody know any stores that sell TNA wrestlers in Ireland? I'm in Tipp and they are not to be fouond on the shelves anywhere I've tried. I think Forbidden Planet in Dublin sell them but that's a bit far to go for rasslers!
    I got the first four series off the internet but shipping costs can be crippling from most sites. I wouldn't mind being able to pick them up off the shelves myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

being honest here, i'm only a babby (13). i collected loads of wrestlers about 6 or 7 years ago, i had every one i could find in Smyths, back when they were 8 quid a pop.
    none are in their packaging but i realised the other day that wrestlers could be worth something someday, so i bought the Honky Tonk Man and Mr. Kennedy wrestlers and im gonna keep them in their packets and wait and see.
    id say of the one i had collected a few years ago, id maybe have about 50/60 alot of them in perfect condition and i also had one of those hogan ones with the hands going up and down when you squeeze his legs that the other guys are talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Not really a fan of them usually, but the new TNA 12" Collectors Series has really caught my eye. There not out yet, but the detaile on them is amazing. Christian Cage and AJ Styles will be the first on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

mmm i have all those G1 figures from years ago...the hogans,tit santana,sgt slaughter,legion of doom etc......did get one recently enough.and havent seen the series since...it was batista..'unlimited' one...and has a hole in the pack where u can poke his chest...n its all soft n rubbery......only upper body tho

Advertisement