Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New acne treatment

• 06-07-2007 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey all

Am 22 yr old girl and am still suffering from acne. Have heard about a range called cosmedix which seems quite expensive but which I would be willing to try if I knew it was good. Does anyone have any experience of it??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I suffered with acne as a teenager and the only treatment that ever worked for me were antibiotics.. Have you been to your doctor?? I found all over the counter products truly disappointing and some of them actually made the condition worse.. I suffered it for about 3 years thinking there was nothing that could be done.. But a male friend of mine had it really bad and was refered to a doctor and I saw that his skin was getting better so I went to mine who put me on a course of Minesin (sp) tablets and within a week I could see a difference and by the time my 3 month course was up my skin was healing up perfectly.. I still get the odd spot now and again like most people but the bug itself never came back.. Good Luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I would agree with xzanti, If its actually acne and not the odd spot - the only proper way to clear it is to visit your doctor who may refer you a dermatologist! The over the counter stuff is just not strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

Agreed. I took anti biotics and now on Dianette pill. still get spots on my chin so got a gell called differen (prescription). Has completely cheared my chin, is worth a try if you don't want anti-biotics just yet. Hope you get it sorted, i know how horrible it is. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

im on 3 months of anti biotics and have never seen my skin so clear its the only way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Minocin is the name of the antibiotic you'll want for acne. There are loads of course, but its generally accepted Minocin is what you want at the moment, for incredibly extreme cases theres Roaccutane (90% of all acne cases cleared within 6 months, 100% in a year - but NO GP will prescribe this that I know of, because of the risks associated with it - suicide, insomnia, depression, the lot).

So, minocin is what you get. Generally a three month course. If you go to Spain you don't need a prescription to buy it. One tablet a day, generally 50mg (sometimes 100), and I'm not sure about statistics, but its probably slightly less effective than Roaccutane, but won't cause you to kill yourself, which is a bit of a plus !

Oh, and speaking from personal experience, change your pillow cover every night. Works wonders. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement