Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Dublin to Cork @ 3 pm Today!

Options
  • 06-07-2007 9:10am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am off to Cork 2nite from Swords and I want to avoid the N/M 7 because of a certain music festival
    Am i better taking the M4 to Kilbeggan and then Portlaoise
    Or N11 Enniscorthy / Waterford??..

Thanks
    Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I would have said go cross country to Portlaoise as ur on that side of Dublin, south side I'd have said go N11 and enjoy the spin. Will traffic be that bad on the main road?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well AA road-watch say avoid the N/M7 totally :(
    also these is the smurfit European open in the K-club which will add more to traffic

Also I reckon I can get across town to the N11 in about the same time as it would take to get going on the M4
    Port tunnel :D

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yeah - I was thinking that all right, but I'm unsure about the M50 to Nass bit
    It Could be really heavy.
    I'll just keep an eye on AA Roadwatch and make a decision closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Looks like traffic is starting to bulid on the N7 now cause of 0xygen....
    Not sure if I should chance it

*0XEGEN MUSIC FESTIVAL* Very busy now heading for ******. Its taking 45 minute to get from Goffs park N Ride through Naas and the M7 is very heavy. The Dublin Bus shuttles from Parnell Sq West are taking about 1:55mins. In Dublin, Parnell Sq should be avoided due to crowds. M50 southbound is heavy from the M1 to the Naas Rd exit, Naas road outbound heavy from Long mile road to Newlands Cross.

Looks like I'm headin down the N11 :eek:

Advertisement