Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water in rented flat

Options
  • 06-07-2007 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭

Aaagh.

Water stopped working late last night. Just wondering are my landlords obliged to send someone around to fix it today, as it would be impossible to live there without water all weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Is there a management company? Call them if there is

Has it stopped in the whole apartment? toilets, sinks, shower etc? If so it's probably the councils fault as water doesn't just stop by itself, check with the neighbours and see what the craic is

If it's none of the above Your landlord is obliged to get the water sorted as soon as he can but he may not be able to get a plumber until Monday however, if you were to try and get it repaired by someone today then he is obliged to re-imburse you once you tell him/her in advance that you're going to do that
    YOu can't blame the landlord, it's not their fault but they must show that they have made every effort to resolve it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It's likely to be a major issue, rather than something affecting your apartment only. I came home last week one night to find I'd no water either - but I believe there was a leak somewhere in the building and it must have been big enough to warrant cutting off the supply to everyone. It was back a few hours later. As mentioned, give the MC a call if there is one, and ask your neighbours if they're in the same situation.

Advertisement