Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nTune ?!

Options
  • 06-07-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi Guys

ran nTune coarse version ( 20 minutes ), it adjusted my CPU up by 2% and PCIe bus by 14%

Ran 3DMark 06, got 8669 which is more than 100 points lower than I got when I first ran it a week ago with no tweaks ?!

Is nTune a pile of crap or did I do something wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Its worse than that, now I've run 3D Mark 06 again and I'm only getting 8089, which is just 100 above what I had with my old P4 3.2Ghz machine !

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

WillieDH wrote:
    Its worse than that, now I've run 3D Mark 06 again and I'm only getting 8089, which is just 100 above what I had with my old P4 3.2Ghz machine !

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3d mark is all about ur gfx m8.

try using rivatuner or atitool to overlclock ur card and you will notice.

I've just looked focused on overclocking the GPU

at Core bus 660Mhz and memory frequency 887Mhz I've hit 11164 on 3D Mark 06

Happy enough with that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ntune is only any good if your motherboard support all of the option, As its handy to tweak ram timings in windows. But i find any board with a half decent bios wont allow ntune to work properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I wouldn't be a great fan of adjusting anything bar fan speeds and gpu core/mem clocks outside of the BIOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

on a decent board yeah,

But ive seen it on a asrock board, and all the memory timings could be adjusted. voltages for cpu,nb,ram the works. But the board was a piece of ****e.

I tried setting the clocks in ntune recently and guess what, They dont actually set them... Back to ati tool. Which isnt compatible with vista :(

I've been into my Bios and it lets me change things but I've a couple of observations

a) My FSB is already showing 1066

b) It lets me change the multiplier, which is at 9x, i changed to 10x and it told me CPU speed would now be 2.666Ghz

but in CPU Z it still shows 2.4Ghz

Thats why nTune seemeed like an option for me.

I'm not looking for massive overclocking, just trying to get started at it, as I do want to build a watercooled rig for XMAS.

My motherboard is in my sig, if anyone wants to help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

WillieDH wrote:
    I've been into my Bios and it lets me change things but I've a couple of observations

a) My FSB is already showing 1066

b) It lets me change the multiplier, which is at 9x, i changed to 10x and it told me CPU speed would now be 2.666Ghz

but in CPU Z it still shows 2.4Ghz

Thats why nTune seemeed like an option for me.

I'm not looking for massive overclocking, just trying to get started at it, as I do want to build a watercooled rig for XMAS.

My motherboard is in my sig, if anyone wants to help me out.
    Firstly you can't change the multi upward over default on your CPU so you only have the option to change between 6-9. Not too sure what you're looking at that shows 1066, maybe the NB strap? Anyway your FSB is what you need to change, it should be at 266 when running stock 266x9 = 2.394Ghz the stock frequency of your cpu, increase that, multiply it by the multi you set and that's your freq. Keep increasing the FSB in small increments and running stability checking software (OCCT, Orthos) until you fail a test then bump up the vcore.

I'm away from my main rig for a few days, I'll take a digital photo of my BIOS, thanks a million for the help and support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement