Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Audio Problems (NTL or Toshiba?)

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Tried to find an answer for this online but couldn't see anything.

I can't open Real Audio files - using new(ish) Toshiba laptop, NTL broadband, etc. What's more, each time I try to open a file the network/wireless connection gets disconnected (momentarily). Other streams (e.g. Youtube) work fine.

I can't figure out why this is so, and am not sure if it something to do with NTL wireless broadband, or the laptop.

Any suggestions or similar experiences? Tearing my hair out as use RTE/BBC radio quite a lot.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried uninstalling Real Player and reinstalling?

You are using wireless you say - have you tried it with an ethernet connection to see if there is a conflict with the wireless driver?

Has it only started happening or have you just got either the bb or the laptop?

Does it happen in other locations?

If you cannot get real player working there are alternatives:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-17,GGGL:en&q=real+player+alternatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 boxplayer1973

>Have you tried uninstalling Real Player and reinstalling?

Check.

>You are using wireless you say - have you tried it with an ethernet connection to see if there is a conflict with the wireless driver?

Perhaps this is it - can't check it though as can only connect thru the wireless connection.

>Has it only started happening or have you just got either the bb or the laptop?

I've just got both, and wondered if it was a general problem with NTL.

> Does it happen in other locations?

No.

If you cannot get real player working there are alternatives:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...r+alternatives

> Also tried Real Alternative - didn't work either.

Advertisement