Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clocked Car alert

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Good luck Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Excellent news, Ted!

And well done, testicle. Not just for your OP, but also for proactively following up and providing Ted with the HPI / cartell reports

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Great news Ted.
    Well done to you for following up the story as Im sure its something that you approach initially with fear.
    Well done to the others who coincidentally doscovered this. Howefully if the Department of Consumer Affairs find out that the dealer was indeed crooked (we'll take them on their word at the moment) it will be another crooked dealer removed from the scene.
    By the way, im sure that you are aware of the boards.ie service charges which I do believe come in at €1500! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Well done Ted. Good luck with the mondeo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Nice one ted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Congrats....keep an eye out on carzone for the passat coming back up for sale! :D
    Wonder what has happened it! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

just a quick note... I had a look on carzone to see if the car was back up yet and I found this....

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=677932

Now why do dealers do this with plates? Is it an import that hasn't been registered yet or is there something else to hide?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

steve06 wrote:
    just a quick note... I had a look on carzone to see if the car was back up yet and I found this....

Now why do dealers do this with plates? Is it an import that hasn't been registered yet or is there something else to hide?

alot of dealers do that cos the first thing most people ask when the see the car with a uk reg or no reg is what year it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Well done Ted, great result!

Did you ever get the wheel off it to fix the puncture?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Well done Ted. Well done to this forum as well, its good to see the gangsters of the world get their come-uppance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

This is a terrific result, well done Ted, glad you gtot it sorted and you have endede up with a lovely genuine car with a few bob saved too !

Well done to the OP who spotted this.

This garage is quite close to where I work, I must swing by too see if there are any other "interesting" cars for sale !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I wonder what will happen to the Passat.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

steve06 wrote:

As far as i can remember that car was on sale before I got mine, so although similar, it's not the same car. God only knows what they will do with the car now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

quarryman wrote:
    Well done Ted, great result!

Did you ever get the wheel off it to fix the puncture?

Yeah Quarryman. The mechanic that my missus brings her car to gave me a lend of a wheelbrace with a big pole (like scaffold) and I got it off in the end. They must have been put on with a gun. First thing I checked when I picked up the mondeo was the nuts and there was a locknut in the glovebox, so I'm learning all the time ....lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

congrats chief

Advertisement