Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best night out.

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Whats the best town outside galway city to go out in??

I would say portumna during the summer. Good music food and beer.. The women are dodgy though.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The town festivals are going to be on over this month and next. Just about any town shoud be good craic during a festival. Most last a week and have late opening on all the bars during that week.

Accomidation would be the biggest hassle I'd look up Couchsurfing.com, you'd be staying with a local so should get straight in with the local crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Avoid Gort and Loughrea if you have any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

togster wrote:
    Whats the best town outside galway city to go out in??

I would say portumna during the summer. Good music food and beer.. The women are dodgy though.;)

Cp's followed by a fall down a stairs. You know what I'm talking about ;)
    It got sunburnt at a music festival recently though so it's back! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Last time I was there CPs was in the city centre....;) I think the OP was looking for places outside the city.

At this point the necessary question I must ask of the OP is "Are you on crack? Portumna?"

Portumna is a ****hole but its my ****hole and honestly I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone outside of the area would want to go out there... Maybe like the night we won the club all ireland it was buzzing but other than that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Cararoe....I joke i joke :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

cson wrote:
    At this point the necessary question I must ask of the OP is "Are you on crack? Portumna?"

Its getting worse alright. I remember maybe 5 years ago we had some great nights there. At the Cat and Fiddle and onto the Web. Now thats ****e. Wasn't there in a while but i love when the noncy tourists from D4 come down to talk with the "locals". Its not bad in comparison to Ballinasloe or loughrea.... Woodford isn't bad or at least it wasn't..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Avoid Gort and Loughrea if you have any sense.

Aww give Sullivans a chance :D
    Kinvara is good craic during the Cruinnui na mBad.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Msfc wrote:
    Aww give Sullivans a chance :D
    Kinvara is good craic during the Cruinnui na mBad.

Am I have given Johnny Suillivan enough of my money. It's ****, tenor to get in. Still though, you'll see me there on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Clifden is pretty good when the sun shines,like a mini Westport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Oranmore! WE HAVE A NIGHT CLUB!!!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

The Queen wrote: »
    Oranmore! WE HAVE A NIGHT CLUB!!!! :cool:

what Oranmore u mad, only if ya want to be involved in a mass brawl on main street by little wannabe Skangers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fmess

kinvara? Jaysus how sad...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Tuam...about 20 pubs and a nightclub....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Clifden is a kip, overpriced crap food and drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Peter C wrote: »
    Clifden is a kip, overpriced crap food and drink!

I dunno about the quality of the food but jesus the prices that were in the place about 5 years ago when i ate there last were atrocious. They would still be expensive even with the inflation since. Shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dunmore,strait in for a drink,a dowry and a dam hard workin woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

fmess wrote: »
    kinvara? Jaysus how sad...:D

Kinvara is legendary!! Deffo the best town outside of gakway to go out in....particularly during the cuckoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bighound

Tuam definately. Over 23 pubs 2 night clubs and (usually) no trouble at all, as usually the minks don't go out too much, only at wedding and funerals in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

buckie wrote: »
    what Oranmore u mad, only if ya want to be involved in a mass brawl on main street by little wannabe Skangers

Wait.. what? What wrong with Oranmore? Brawls are just a part of the night... It's like last orders at the bar, there's a bit of a hub bub then the police come along arrest anything that moves and then everyone goes home to bang their fugly girlfriends. what's the problem there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

cson wrote: »

Portumna is a ****hole but its my ****hole and honestly I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone outside of the area would want to go out there... Maybe like the night we won the club all ireland it was buzzing but other than that..

+1.

Im from the other (proper :p) side of the shannon, but agree whole heartedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Awesomo-4000

Bighound wrote: »
    Tuam definately. Over 23 pubs 2 night clubs and (usually) no trouble at all, as usually the minks don't go out too much, only at wedding and funerals in the town!

well said, im from the city and have gone out in tuam a few times. always had a good laugh, the minks keep to themselves.

Advertisement