Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi-solid wooden flooring buying/laying

Options
  • 06-07-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any good places to pick up Semi-solid wooden flooring.
    Somewhere take might sell job lots cheaper then normal.

I was thinking of getting that underlay that’s sticky on both sides and laying the floor on that, would that be a good way of laying it or should I do it a different way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Theres a place on the main street in Newbridge that has a sale on at the moment. He was selling different types of floors, i.e. laminate/semi solid/solid in job lots. The choice was limited but if you're not fussy, some of the stuff was marked at half price.

The place (white building) is on the left as you go south down the main street just past Penneys. Its the kind of place that sells everything from flooring to furniture to curtain poles etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Michael Murphys I believe!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got great deals on solid floors in Hiton Buckleys a few yrs back near Red Cow

Never heard of that sticky underlay. Normally semi solid is floated but not on sticky stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Whats a good price for Laminate, Semi-Solid and Solid?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

How long is a piece of string!!

Laminate - from €8 - 15 / sq yd
    Semi Solid - €35 - €55
    Solid - €40 - ........

Only rough guide - but will give you an idea. Not much price difference between semi and solid - but can depend on what suits your home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've seen laminte for high 20's per sq m...

I got 22mm thick solid oak in Buckleys for about €35/yd and it was good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

I ended up getting Laminate flooring in Timberbeam.
    Cheapest around that I found and I check out a load of places.

I got 28m/sq of eastern pine v-groove laminate flooring with underlay for €330
    I also priced an oak semi solid for €550.

It’s a small place and the bloke I was dealing with was called Derek really nice fella through the underlay in for free.

Here’s the details of the place
    Unit V5 Ballymount drive Dublin 12
    www.Timberbeam.ie
    PH:- 01 4508880

Advertisement