Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jeffk wrote: »
    Sorry i dont think i have ordered of them but rovert you cant be serious with saying a few months.

They dont answer emails and their customer service is non existant, just pray your DVD works as you can whistle for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

rovert wrote: »
    They dont answer emails and their customer service is non existant, just pray your DVDs works as you can whistle for a replacement.

Ah here ill be staying away from them so sounds like the American cousin of 1pw :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm decent enough when it comes to recovering data from damaged discs, christ knows i've had to do it from dodgy traders who use cheap media. But the time frame sounds like a pain in the hole alright.

And if the Flair DVD is damaged in any way, there will be hell to pay. :D
    VR!

I'm decent enough when it comes to recovering data from damaged discs, christ knows i've had to do it from dodgy traders who use cheap media. But the time frame sounds like a pain in the hole alright.

VR!

Why did you use rf for a wwe dvd?did you not try amazon.com?
    Just worked it out there @ around €17 for the flair dvd all in(the new one i assume?)

Why did you use rf for a wwe dvd?did you not try amazon.com?
    Just worked it out there @ around €17 for the flair dvd all in(the new one i assume?)

Because i got the Flair one and 2 shoot interviews for €45 including postage (as stated earlier in the thread), and Amazon have stiffed me on delivery before so i swore i'd never use them again.

I would have gotten them from Highspots only they didn't have one of the discs i was looking for.

VR!

• Advertisement

VR!

I buy my Shoot DVDs from ROH and Kayfabe Commentaries. But for my RF Shoots I buy them off an Ebay bootlegger.

Update: Status has been changed to completed, hopefully they'll arrive in the next week.
    Rovert - when was the last time you ordered from rf, out of interest?

VR!

rovert wrote: »
    I buy my Shoot DVDs from ROH and Kayfabe Commentaries. But for my RF Shoots I buy them off an Ebay bootlegger.

Well i really wanted proper copies of the first 2 Bret shoots, i already have them but they're kinda poor with low sound taken from poor VHS's, i got those about four years ago though. So it would be nice to have decent quality versions so i can stick em on my PMP and not struggle to hear them when on the train.

VR!

Vr you just said you ordered three dvds that's all,otherwise i wouldn't have asked.

Update: Status has been changed to completed, hopefully they'll arrive in the next week.
    Rovert - when was the last time you ordered from rf, out of interest?

Years ago pre-Pedo scandal

• Advertisement

Most of the DVDs I get nowadays are from tape traders, Im currently watching a 8 disc set of Best of The 80S WWF. After finishing the Mid South DVD set.

Heard about that set alright, i declined my chance to get in on it as i had most of the matches on it.

I got an abundance of sets last year that i'm still sifting my way through, i still have to finish RAW from 95 and 96. Of course, i'm taking my time with those for obvious reasons ;)

VR!

Vr you just said you ordered three dvds that's all,otherwise i wouldn't have asked.

Calm down dude, i wasn't being smart, nor am i now...
    ... but check back a page or two ;)

VR!

Heard about that set alright, i declined my chance to get in on it as i had most of the matches on it. !

Including the MSG matches?
    I got an abundance of sets last year that i'm still sifting my way through, i still have to finish RAW from 95 and 96. Of course, i'm taking my time with those for obvious reasons ;)

Are they taken from WWE 24/7 in the states back to back with Nitros?

Calm down dude, i wasn't being smart, nor am i now...
    ... but check back a page or two ;)

VR!
    and not to be smart either looked @ your posts and never seen anything going back about what dvds you ordered.
    Anyways what does it matter

and not to be smart either looked @ your posts and never seen anything going back about what dvds you ordered.
    Anyways what does it matter

Accept my apology please, the thread I was refering to was the Rock DVD thread where the Flair DVD came into subject, and my orders came from there.

My bad, dude. :)
    VR!

Accept my apology please, the thread I was refering to was the Rock DVD thread where the Flair DVD came into subject, and my orders came from there.

My bad, dude. :)
    VR!

No probs man thanks for the apology.
    Its funny people talk of all these raws and nitros and numerous other wwe owned libary footage.
    Would someone in wwe not say hang on there's a market here an flog above mentioned stuff on dvds. Im sure they could throw out tagged wcw ppv dvds and they would sell as an example

Smart marketing on WWE's part though. Because if they release the footage in drips and drabs, it's guaranteed a definite sale. It's worked for the last five or six years since they started it (after they fully acquired the WCW video library).

And for the amount they'd sell the RAW's and Nitros in full sets, they know they wouldn't be able to sell a 25 disc set of RAW or Nitro per year for the price they'd ask, nobody in their right mind would pay for it.

VR!

Smart marketing on WWE's part though. Because if they release the footage in drips and drabs, it's guaranteed a definite sale. It's worked for the last five or six years since they started it (after they fully acquired the WCW video library).

And for the amount they'd sell the RAW's and Nitros in full sets, they know they wouldn't be able to sell a 25 disc set of RAW or Nitro per year for the price they'd ask, nobody in their right mind would pay for it.

VR!

Yeah that's true throw in the odd hard to get match on a dvd set and people will jump on the whole set for it alone.

Well with wwe making what they make in profits and how mass produced their dvds are they could easily sell them for a fair price.
    Also with double sided discs and what not you could REALLY cut down on how many you would need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They could easily cut a year per show or company into 3 discs, 1 documentary, 2 of matches and charge a reasonable price. I reckon they would fly out the window

• Advertisement

They need to do a proper WCW documentary, because the Monday Night War was a half-assed piece of crap! If they can get ECW mutants to go on for 2hrs and 50 minutes of a documentary, why can't they produce a decent WCW one?

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

They need to do a proper WCW documentary, because the Monday Night War was a half-assed piece of crap! If they can get ECW mutants to go on for 2hrs and 50 minutes of a documentary, why can't they produce a decent WCW one?

VR!

I couldn't agree with you more VR *feels dirty*.

I'm amazed they haven't released a WCW storey DVD yet. I was a huge WCW fan back in the day and IMO It was better than WWE has been for the last I dunno how many years and ECW ever was.

Monday Night Wars was good for what it was, but it didn't go into enough detail about WcW itself as a company.

I'd fair love to pick up a year of Nitro's too if anybody knows were I can get them legally ;)

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with you more VR *feels dirty*.

I'm amazed they haven't released a WCW storey DVD yet. I was a huge WCW fan back in the day and IMO It was better than WWE has been for the last I dunno how many years and ECW ever was.

Monday Night Wars was good for what it was, but it didn't go into enough detail about WcW itself as a company.

I'd fair love to pick up a year of Nitro's too if anybody knows were I can get them legally ;)

WCW's PPV's weren't better than WWE's though in my honest opinion, they may have handed WWE's ass to them from 1995-1997 But 1998 Nitro onwards isn't pretty to watch as the Eric Bischoff show spirals out of control to a disaster of epic proportions.

So get 96 and 97 Nitro for your best satisfaction. Full set of Nitro 95 is about 8 discs in total as it was only a one hour show at the time with 2 episodes on a disc, and it only started in the beginning of September. Nitro 2001 is about 12 discs as it only lasted three months.

VR!

VR!

Hey VR! Where can you get those sets?

Unsure of the legalities involved, so i've sent you a PM. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/933/84/
    PREVIEW THE NEW "BEST OF THE BLOODIEST BRAWLS: SCARS AND STITCHES" DVD - COMING AUGUST 5!

Click image to open!

Coming August 5 from TNA Wrestling Home Video is our most hardcore DVD release of the year - "Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls: Scars And Stitches".

The three-hour DVD features some of the most barbaric matches in TNA history and will be available at ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers such as Best Buy!

In addition to 9 violent matches, the DVD includes exclusive interviews with your favorite TNA superstars as well as exclusive bonus content! What were their worst injuries? How do they deal with the taste of their own blood? What are the most violent bouts they've competed in? The TNA superstars answer these questions and many more!

The lineup for the Bloodiest Brawls DVD is as follows:

WORLD TITLE MATCH: TURNING POINT 2005
    Jeff Jarrett vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

LETHAL LOCKDOWN: LOCKDOWN 2006
    Sting, AJ Styles, Rhino & The Truth vs. Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner and American's Most Wanted

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: BOUND FOR GLORY 2006
    AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. The Latin American Xchange

BARBED WIRE CAGE MATCH: NOVEMBER 2006 "iMPACT!"
    "The War Machine" Rhino vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage

MATCH OF THE DECADE: GENESIS 2006
    Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

LAST RITES MATCH: DESTINATION X 2007
    Sting vs. Abyss

TEXAS DEATH MATCH: SACRIFICE 2007
    "Cowboy" James Storm vs. Wildcat" Chris Harris

NO DISQUALIFICATION: SLAMMIVERSARY 2007
    Abyss vs. Tomko

BARBED WIRE MASSACRE 2: AGAINST ALL ODDS 2008
    Abyss vs. Judas Mesias

All this and much more on the upcoming "Best of The Bloodiest Brawls: Scars And Stitches" DVD, coming August 5 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers!

Great lineup, I ordered it off ROH last week and it came yesterday, so much for August 5th. Most of the matches are excellent, especially Harris/Storm, Joe/Angle, Lethal Lockdown and LAX/Styles and Daniels.

I'll be giving this one a pass methinks, given that i have all of those with the exception of the Impact 06 match with Rhyno and Christian. And from what i remember of it, it wasn't great shakes to begin with.

Worth getting if you don't have them or haven't seen them/in a long time.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It turns out i had all but 3 and a half but my brother never told me that before I got it, either way it cost me €10 so I cant be too upset, but as you said as a stand alone compilation there are some great matches and a few nice short interviews from the participants

• Advertisement

I'll actually give TNA credit where it's due, they actually do a decent job on their compilation efforts, if some aren't released too soon. (Christian was what, a year in the promotion or something when his best of came out?).

But the matches themselves, nine times out of ten, you'd probably watch again later down the track*

*unless you're a John Cena lover, in which case, avoid like the plague.
    VR!

Advertisement