Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Saw Monday Night Wars and Rise and Fall of ECW DVDs in Zhivago in Galway yesterday.

Both imports but they're great docs. They had the Perfect and Jake ones as well but I haven't seen those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

New Warrior DVD is up on USA Netflix as is the new Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania disc however, the latter omits the new interview segments.

For people still collecting these

BrTj2R5IQAA8XeV.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

image.jpg

5df.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Found this gem for €7 today in town.

• Advertisement

Anyone seen the Heyman DVD around?

Checked Zhivago in Galway but they said they probably won't have it till tomorrow with the bank holiday.

HMV/Xtravision don't stock WWE DVDs for some daft reason. Tower records do but it'll take a while for the Heyman DVD to come in I'd imagine.

HMV/Xtravision don't stock WWE DVDs for some daft reason. Tower records do but it'll take a while for the Heyman DVD to come in I'd imagine.

Yeah I noticed that. It's odd. Freemantle must have an exclusive deal with Amazon or something.

Zhivago had WM30, The Warrior DVD and the Goldberg DVD so they must have a way of getting them.

QikBax wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that. It's odd. Freemantle must have an exclusive deal with Amazon or something.

Zhivago had WM30, The Warrior DVD and the Goldberg DVD so they must have a way of getting them.

HMV across the water sells WWE DVDs. I think they actually have an exclusivity deal there.

Apparently HMV here use Xtravision's supplier and they've never sold WWE DVDs (though I got WM25 in there once).

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Freemantle when the Network is launched.

WWE are doing a Vol. 2 Attitude Era set

• Advertisement

Do wwedvd uk send a dispatch email?

I pre ordered the heyman blu ray a few weeks ago and haven't got a dispatch email but people in the uk were starting to get it delivered last week so I hope mine was sent.

I pre ordered the heyman blu ray a few weeks ago and haven't got a dispatch email but people in the uk were starting to get it delivered last week so I hope mine was sent.

I've only ordered once with that shower but yes, I got sent an email detailig the date and time of dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Wwedvd uk said today that there out of stock on the blu ray...

Cheers lads.

I ordered it weeks ago so it should have been dispatched before it sold out.

I'll have to email them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Won the extreme rules full in the blanks competition on the wwe home video Facebook page last week and got these:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

watching paul heyman dvd, anyone else seen it?

Greatly enjoyed it. I thought the Blue Ray extras were better than the main documentary.

Stephanie's hatred of Paul is fantastic and has always been. Vince McMahon but there offices beside each other in Titan Towers are he was so amused by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

The Heyman documentary is indeed excellent, and the podcasts he has done recently with Austin / Jericho are nice companion pieces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Reebrock wrote: »
    The Heyman documentary is indeed excellent, and the podcasts he has done recently with Austin / Jericho are nice companion pieces.

The one he did with ariel helwani recently was the best of the lot IMO.

Tinie wrote: »
    The one he did with ariel helwani recently was the best of the lot IMO.

Yet to hear that one mate, but it's certainly on my to do list :)

• Advertisement

Anyone thats used wwedvd.co.uk a few times know how long it usually takes for something to arrive after dispatch?

Over a week now and nothing.

With the slow dispatch after pre ordering and also a £3 plus postage charge, I won't be using them again.

When I emailed them aswell to complain about my pre order not getting dispatched even though people on Twitter that ordered after me were getting it, I asked to cancel the order cause it hadn't yet been dispatched but they couldn't because it had already been "processed". I'd have to recieve the blu ray and then pay postage back to get a refund. Terrible

I've only bought frim Freemantle the once. Ordered three things of a Friday and got a dispatch email on Monday.

The Paul Heyman set is very popular so I'm not surprised there are delays.

Their prices are ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if they've taken a hit on WWE sales since the Network launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

reDRagon has a compilation DVD released on Ring of Honor's website.

Disc 1:
    Chapter 1: ENTER THE DRAGONS
    Bobby Fish vs Claudio Castagnoli (Reborn Again....5/11/07)
    Kyle O'Reilly vs Austin Aries (Fade to Black....9/10/10)

Chapter 2: CREATING THE DRAGON
    Inside ROH On The Formation of reDRagon (ROH TV....12/1/12)
    reDRagon vs The American Wolves (Final Battle....12/11/12)
    #1 Contender Gauntlet- The American Wolves vs Bravado Brothers vs SCUM vs reDRagon (ROH TV....2/2/13)
    Chapter 3: WINNING GOLD
    Tag Team Titles: Briscoes (c) vs reDRagon(11th Anniversary....3/2/13)
    "Chasing The Dragon" (YouTube 3/5/13)
    Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The American Wolves (Supercard of Honor VII....4/5/13)
    Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (c) vs Briscoes (Dragon's Reign....5/11/13)
    "Bobby Calls Out Davey Richards" (YouTube....7/7/13)
    "Bobby Protects Our Children, Democracy, and Pro Wrestling From Davey Richards (7/10/13)
    Bobby Fish vs Davey Richards (Reclamation Night 1....7/12/13)

Disc 2:
    Chapter 4: CHASING THE TITLES
    Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (c) vs Forever Hooligans (ROH TV....8/3/13)
    reDRagon Backstage After Title Loss (YouTube....8/3/13)
    Tag Team Titles: American Wolves (c) vs reDRagon (Manhattan Mayhem V....8/17/13)

Chapter 5: Best Tag Team in the Universe
    Honor Roll (YouTube....9/26/13)
    Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (c) vs Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal (Charm City Challenge....10/5/13)
    Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (c) vs C&C Wrestle Factory (Pursuit Night 2....11/16/13)

Chapter 6: THIRD REIGN OF THE DRAGON
    Tag Team Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs reDRagon (War of the Worlds....5/17/14)

Bonus:
    Bobby Fish on QT Marshall
    reDRagon on San Antonio
    reDRagon on Adrenaline RUSH
    "We Are Role Models"
    10/2/13 Honor Roll
    reDRagon on Champions vs All-Stars (NEVER BEFORE SEEN)
    reDRagon on Alabama Attitude
    reDRagon on Outlaw Inc (NEVER BEFORE SEEN)
    The Fish Tank Episode 1
    reDRagon on The Young Bucks
    The Fish Tank Episode 2
    reDRagon on Supercard of Honor
    Live Fish Tank featuring Michael Elgin
    reDRagon w/ Tom Lawlor
    Kyle O'Reilly vs Eddie Edwards (Reclamation Night 1....7/12/13)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S_Maguire

I have been hearing great things about this documentary. Has anyone been able to view it since we don't have the network?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

S_Maguire wrote: »
    I have been hearing great things about this documentary. Has anyone been able to view it since we don't have the network?

Subscribe to the US version of the Network, it's only $9.99 and I'm sure if you SEARCH hard enough you can find a way to access the Network for only $9.99 a month.

S_Maguire wrote: »

If you mean the Paul Heyman documentary it is only on DVD.

If you mean The Shield documentary it is/was uploaded to Vimeo (link in the Network thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Recently got The Briscoe Brothers: Sandy Fork Originals.

Watched the Eric Bischoff shoot. I knew going in that he legally couldn't speak about TNA at this point, but still, you'd expect a few great new stories considering the video length. Alas, no. When you create a product for smart fans with zero production values, you expect a certain kind of content and this didn't deliver.

Yeah lads really don't waste your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah lads really don't waste your time.

Saves me four hours so.

I dunno why RF seems to be mad on lets get some fella in that's never done one in years so well video HOURS and stick on as many discs as needed. No editing nothing, DJ Hyde as an example.I passed on the Bruce Prichard because of the silly length.

Just looked and the Steen RF shoot is four hours,wonder if its going to be a rehash of all the other shoots and worth skipping?

If Kayfabe commentaries(or even highspots) done it, they would put a spin on it(say the wcw days etc)and break it into separate interviews and space out the releases.

Advertisement