Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jeffk wrote: »
    Just looked and the Steen RF shoot is four hours,wonder if its going to be a rehash of all the other shoots and worth skipping?

I liked it because it was all encompassing and he said a little bit more about things as he was fairly confident he was off to WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

A lot of WWE DVDs and blu-rays have gone out of print.

Bret ‘Hit Man’ Hart: The Dungeon Collection (Blu-ray)
    Brock Lesnar: Here Comes The Pain Collector’s Ed. (Blu-ray)
    ECW Unreleased, Vol. 1
    ECW Unreleased, Vol. 2 (Blu-ray)
    For All Mankind: The Life & Career Of Mick Foley (Blu-ray)
    Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (Blu-ray)
    Legends of Mid-South Wrestling (Blu-ray)

These are worth owning. There are matches and promos on some of them that aren't on the Network (and unlikely to ever be added to it)

wwedvd.co.uk has been selling some of them in a 3 for 2 offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

There's a load of the 3 DVD boxsets reduced in Zhivago in Galway. I made a list of what I could but I think they thought i was trying to nick them because they gave me some weird looks. I got the War Games and Goldberg ones

uvy7Prb.jpg

12.99:
    Eddie Guerrero
    Hulk Unreleased
    Macho Man

14.99:
    WM 21 25 26 27 28
    ECW Unreleased
    Rise and Fall of WCW
    Best of Nitro
    True Story of Wrestlemania

19.99:
    Bret Hart Dungeon
    Mid South
    War Games
    Attitude Era
    Goldberg

There was more there but that's all I took down. I checked the HMV up the road but they had none that I could see.

Might be of use to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Anyone ordered from wwedvd uk? How long does delivery take to Ireland?

veganrun wrote: »
    Anyone ordered from wwedvd uk? How long does delivery take to Ireland?

It took a week and a half for the heyman BR for me.

• Advertisement

VHS cassettes in the rare auld times lads:

Http://wwedvd.co.uk are doing a 20% off of everything sale. There are other DVD sites from the US doing deals today/this weekend as are some of the online shops selling t-shirts.

Also, there is a DVD/Blu-ray of The Shield documentary from the Network released next year as well as the Minday Night War.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Anyone know if PWG are having the same same sale that they did last Xmas? 5 for $20 or the likes. I assumed it was an annual thing.

Need to pick up the latest event and don't know wether or not to hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Anyone know if PWG are having the same same sale that they did last Xmas? 5 for $20 or the likes. I assumed it was an annual thing.

Need to pick up the latest event and don't know wether or not to hold out.

They are indeed, http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/

5 for $40 and it includes BOLA.

Bought some stuff from RF in the sale but there was an issue with the site after payment had gone through. No response to my email yet but hopefully it's sorted.

Oh happy days! Was on the site earlier and didn't see it, must've been because I just went to merch from a bookmark.

Thanks.

I'll place and order maybe tomorrow, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I have all of this year's and most of last year's event plus Steen Wolf. Just need Untitled 2 and think I'll get the generico comp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Oh happy days! Was on the site earlier and didn't see it, must've been because I just went to merch from a bookmark.

Thanks.

I'll place and order maybe tomorrow, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I have all of this year's and most of last year's event plus Steen Wolf. Just need Untitled 2 and think I'll get the generico comp

I'd go with the final 5 from 2012. What a run of PPV's.

First you have the 9th Anniversary show, featuring a crazy 3-team Ladder Match. The Young Bucks still call it their best match. Then the two-night BOLA, which was superb, really great. The next two then are nice follow ups which include the BOLA winner against the Champ in a fantastic match at Mystery Vortex.

So I went for

Threemendous III
    2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Night One
    2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Night Two
    Untitled II
    The Many Adventures of El Generico

Had to talk myself out of getting more, but knowing myself, I'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

So I went for

Threemendous III
    2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Night One
    2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Night Two
    Untitled II
    The Many Adventures of El Generico

Had to talk myself out of getting more, but knowing myself, I'll be back!

Just noticed you can get the Generico boxset as part of the deal - great choice. I bought that one for $24.99 alone so to get that as part of 5 for $40 is a bargain. The Super Dragon one also as part of the deal - another 3 disc special. So if you go back for more I definitely check that one out.

Just got 5 from 2009 myself. Looking at the cards, some great talent in PWG that year. Anything pre 2011 I'm not up to scratch with. But anybody with a bit of cash to spare, get on this deal.

Easily the most on-form Indy promotion in America today, just look at the participants for this years BOLA. Everybody wants to be a part of PWG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Do WWE DVD uk send you an email when they have dispatched your order?

veganrun wrote: »
    Do WWE DVD uk send you an email when they have dispatched your order?

Yes, I got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Just received this in relation to the Shield DVD
    Dear WWE Fan

Due to a production issue, we’ve had to move the release date of THE DESTRUCTION OF THE SHIELD from 2nd March to 9th March.

Sincere apologies. We try to avoid release date moves at all costs but this is unfortunately unavoidable.

If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact WWEDVD customer services by telephone on 020 3096 6137 or via email info@wwedvd.co.uk

Best wishes

WWEDVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Shield DVD has 13 additional minutes of the main docu and 20 matches (7hrs 20m) of extras, and some new interviews of the three. I wonder how it will sell (I'd imagine not well), as almost everyone interested will have seen it already.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The Shield DVD has 13 additional minutes of the main docu and 20 matches (7hrs 20m) of extras, and some new interviews of the three. I wonder how it will sell (I'd imagine not well), as almost everyone interested will have seen it already.

Back when Silvervision were around their rep said on a Facebook thread that they sold more via shops and HMV than online. Sounds a bit hard to believe so they that for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Maybe they "sold" more to stores, but they weren't coming off the shelves from what I could see, certainly not at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Recently bought this DVD in Cex.

Bret_DVD.jpg

• Advertisement

To be expected after culling DX for all it is worth on numerous DVD sets but still it is weird seeing them making a KLIQ set as it was never an on screen faction:

https://twitter.com/WDNcom/status/588429584401625089

PWInsider reports that WWE issued a new survey to their mailing list to check on interest in future possible DVD releases for 2016. The following titles are included in the survey:

* 20 Years Later: Best of 1996 – Matches and discussion from the best WWE and WCW PPVs as well as historic Nitro, Raw and ECW matches and moments.

* Booker T – Extended WWE Network documentary plus matches, interviews and memories.

* Bruno Sammartino – Bruno documentary with exclusive material filmed at his home as well as Bruno backstage at Wrestlemanias, plus archival footage and matches.

* Dudley Boyz – Documentary and match collection.

* Eric Bischoff – Similar in vein to the Paul Heyman release, a documentary on the only man who came close to taking WWE down with matches and interviews as well as a documentary on his time in pro wrestling.

* Greatest Rivalries: Eric Bischoff vs. Vince McMahon – Sitdown interview discussing the Monday Night War interspersed with footage from that era.

* Greatest Rivalries: Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven – Dreamer and Raven discuss their feud with Joey Styles, interspersed with complete matches, clips and interviews.

* How to Become a Self-Made Millionaire with JBL – Following a day in the life of JBL, focusing on his life and how he made his fortune, including personal wealth tips.

* Hulk Hogan: Immortal – Hulk Hogan documentary and matches presented, built around the story of a Hogan bronze statue being created and released.[Note from Mike: I guess we now known which statue will be revealed at AXXESS in Dallas!]

* Lex Luger – documentary on life and career of former WCW World champion.

* OMG! ECW’s Top 50 Craziest Moments – A countdown of the craziest moments in Extreme Championship Wrestling and WWE ECW’s collective history.

* Roman Reigns – Documentary and match collection, built around Reigns heading into his first Wrestlemania.

* The Sheamus Experience – Sheamus interview as he tours Ireland plus matches, interviews and memories.

* Stone Cold – One Man Show with Steve Austin.

* True Story of Tribute to the Troops – Documentary on creation and execution of the annual WWE event for the United States military plus matches and memories from different events.

* WWE Divas – documentary looking at the past, present and future of women’s wrestling in WWE.

That Sheamus video could be really cringe. So I am in favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone still follows this thread but I may as well give it a go. Looking to get a DVD for my Brother for his birthday, considering The Attitude Era DVD, The Best of In Your House and The Rise and Fall of WCW. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone still follows this thread but I may as well give it a go. Looking to get a DVD for my Brother for his birthday, considering The Attitude Era DVD, The Best of In Your House and The Rise and Fall of WCW. Any suggestions?

Depends what your brother likes. A lot of the stuff on those DVDs you mention are on the network including the full year of 1998 Raw is War.

Older stuff like the Mid South compilation aren't on the network. The Dusty Rhodes DVD had loads of stuff not on there either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

If you could just give me your opinion on The Attitude Era, The Best of In Your House and The Rise and Fall of WCW DVDs I'd really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you could just give me your opinion on The Attitude Era, The Best of In Your House and The Rise and Fall of WCW DVDs I'd really appreciate it.

I've seen Attitude Era, and Rise and Fall. Both very good imo. Loved the documentary aspect of both. Haven't seen Best of IYH I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The Attitude era: Nothing groundbreaking. More of the same "Top moments" with the same talking heads saying how great the moment was and how it effected the business.

Best of in your House: Good for fans of "New Gen" WWF and early attitude. Really good matches and fun to see Todd Pettingil show up on the DVD.

Rise and Fall of WCW: A decent attempt at telling the WCW story. Its mostly old interviews and DVD segments rehashed and put in. Good if you've never seen WCW and want the lo-down, bad if you've seen most of the other WCW stuff.

If he's looking for a documentary/history DVD get the WCW one. If he likes action and just matches, get in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Attitude era: Nothing groundbreaking. More of the same "Top moments" with the same talking heads saying how great the moment was and how it effected the business.

Best of in your House: Good for fans of "New Gen" WWF and early attitude. Really good matches and fun to see Todd Pettingil show up on the DVD.

Rise and Fall of WCW: A decent attempt at telling the WCW story. Its mostly old interviews and DVD segments rehashed and put in. Good if you've never seen WCW and want the lo-down, bad if you've seen most of the other WCW stuff.

If he's looking for a documentary/history DVD get the WCW one. If he likes action and just matches, get in your house.

Modern Day Todd???? Todd was my hero back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Modern Day Todd???? Todd was my hero back in the day

He's the presenter of the DVD and gives background to the matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If I'd known he was the presenter I would have tried to see that DVD by now. Bring back Todd.

Advertisement