Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bubs101 wrote: »
    How can TNA still have Scott Hall on the cover of Turning Point? Ameteurish

They don't. ROH's image is wrong.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=dns&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=81615626&Count2=998756051&CategoryID=1&Target=products.asp

As it seems that you can't directly link to the page, its in the 2007 DVD section.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I got the Hell in a Cell compilation (Complete Hell) and Life and Times of Mr.Perfect Region 1 on www.axelmusic.com,there is free shipping until midnight tonight,some bargains to be had :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wow, I completely forgot that Eric Young main-evented a PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I got the Hell in a Cell compilation (Complete Hell) and Life and Times of Mr.Perfect Region 1 on www.axelmusic.com,there is free shipping until midnight tonight,some bargains to be had :)

Life and Times of Mr Perfect for €12.87, free shipping is an absolute steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

"Viva La Raza! the Legacy of Eddie Guerrero" is a new WWE DVD listed on Amazon which is scheduled to be released Nov. 11th 2008 (two days before the third anniversary of his death)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61kDMF4GutL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Axel music also had the Summerslam Anthology listed at €104 but it was out of stock also a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

EdK wrote: »
    Axel music also had the Summerslam Anthology listed at €104 but it was out of stock also a great price

Not out yet,they arent taking preorders on it either yet,shame though :(

Can anybody recommend the WWE produced Jake Roberts DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I watched that dvd on Christmas Day 2/3 years ago. Big mistake. The Muppet Christmas Carrol it is not.

Seriously, the dvd is fine. The thing with Jake to me is that you can never be 100% sure if what he's saying is true or not. But if you're a fan of Jake I'd pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I watched that dvd on Christmas Day 2/3 years ago. Big mistake. The Muppet Christmas Carrol it is not.

Seriously, the dvd is fine. The thing with Jake to me is that you can never be 100% sure if what he's saying is true or not. But if you're a fan of Jake I'd pick it up.

There are some good extras on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Any news on the Best Of Starrcade DVD??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Recommended for sure, especially for some of the pre-WWE stories. Jake admits he f*cks up several times in it, but it's been known in the past, and even rovert has pointed it out in the past, Jake will say everything and anything to please WWE as he's sniffing around for an office position.

But it recaps a lot of great storylines in his WWE career, Jake v Steamboat, Jake v Rude, Jake v Andre, and Jake v DiBiase to name a few. So if you missed them the first time around, the DVD is a great chance to check it out.

The first 20 minutes of the DVD are as grim as hell though, it's no secret that Jake's childhood life was bent as a crowbar. So if you're of a sensitive nature or suffer nervous disposition, i'd recommend fast forwarding it to Jake's Pro Wrestling Debut chapter.

VR!

Gabe said on an interview there will be a HUGE sale on Friday on the ROH website..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just got 2 Tagged Classics in the post today, IYH: Backlash/IYH: St. Valentines Day Massacre and SummerSlam 1998/1999! Can't wait to watch them! I have Ric Flair's new one and another Tagged Classic WrestleMania XV and Hell Yeah on the way aswel.

Minto wrote: »
    SummerSlam 1998

I remember really liking the D-Lo/Val Venis match on that show.

I dont how much you remember of the main event of SummerSlam 1998, so if you dont I wont spoil it but the outcome of the main event was so underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ah you love me and you know it!
    Just the WWE PPV section of my collection. Doesn't include house shows, shoot interviews or my TNA or WCW collection:

VR!
    1928814642a4899019410l.jpg

Also not included -a life.

(Only joking, couldn’t resist. Seriously though, you're so screwed when Betamax makes a come back :D )

I MIGHT have more than VR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

VR! Where do you live and I will be around to make a start on watching some of them DVD's :D:p

Silvervision:
    It’s the most demonic structure in WWE and careers have been permanently altered by its unforgiving steel. Some of the biggest Superstars in WWE history, including Shawn Michaels, Mankind, Undertaker, Triple H, Batista and more, have had signature moments in the Cell. Now, for the first time, fans can watch the greatest Hell in a Cell matches in WWE history in this collector’s set, hosted by Mick Foley.

Disc 1

The Devil’s Playground

The Debut

Hell in a Cell
    Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
    Badd Blood (October 5, 1997)

RAW in Hell

Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match
    Stone Cold Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane
    RAW (June 15, 1998)

The Defining Match

Hell in a Cell
    Undertaker vs. Mankind
    King of the Ring (June 28, 1998)

Partners turned Opponents

Hell in a Cell
    Mankind vs. Kane
    RAW (August 24, 1998)

Career on the Line

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship (Cactus Jack’s Career is on the Line)
    Triple H vs. Cactus Jack
    No Way Out (February 27, 2000)

The Six Men

Six-Man Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
    Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Steve Austin
    Armageddon (December 10, 2000)

Disc 2

End the Game

Hell in a Cell
    Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
    Judgment Day (May 19, 2002)

Earning Your Respect

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
    Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
    No Mercy (October 20, 2002)

Special Guest Referee

Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
    Bad Blood (June 15, 2003)

Good Friends Gone Bad

Hell in a Cell
    Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
    Bad Blood (June 13, 2004)

Disc 3

The Animal’s Evolution

Batista vs. Triple H
    Vengeance (June 26, 2005)

The Legend Killer

Hell in a Cell
    Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
    Armageddon (December 18, 2005)

The Amplified Version

Hell in a Cell Handicap Match
    Degeneration-X vs. Shane McMahon, Mr. McMahon & Big Show
    Unforgiven (September 17, 2006)

The End of the Line

Undertaker vs. Batista
    Survivor Series (November 18, 2007)

Defining A Career

Looks awesome.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Typical Wwe doing a compilation like this knowing there's one @ summerslam and not putting that match onto thuis set so they can flog more dvds.

jeffk wrote: »
    Typical Wwe doing a compilation like this knowing there's one @ summerslam and not putting that match onto thuis set so they can flog more dvds.

Damn them for a promotioning and making money.

rovert wrote: »
    Damn them for a promotioning and making money.

Never knocked em for doing that just highlighted the typical greed that wwe is ran on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Never knocked em for doing that just highlighted the typical greed that wwe is ran on.

How is it greed? It's just business. The DVD was planned before Summerslam's matches were

I wouldnt call it greed per say the DVD is decent value for money. And there can always be a volume 2. ;)

rovert wrote: »
    I wouldnt call it greed per say the DVD is decent value for moneny. And there can always be a volume 2. ;)

Still decent when you compare it to say Pwg sells out?

Fozzy wrote: »
    How is it greed? It's just business. The DVD was planned before Summerslam's matches were

In kayfabe yes maybe.

In kayfabe yes maybe.

In reality no.

I would imagine that the production has been complete for a few months on the HIAC compilation and adding a match this late would not be possible, especially a match that has not happened yet.

• Advertisement

I would imagine that the production has been complete for a few months on the HIAC compilation and adding a match this late would not be possible, especially a match that has not happened yet.

Acccording to amazon.com:WWE: Hell in a Cell by Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Mankind, and Kevin Nash (DVD - Oct 7, 2008)

Summer slam is on the 17th of august,so that's say 2 months @ least to throw a addition to a menu and a match to the end of disc three.

Maybe someone can give me facts but i assume that would take maybe a day and god knows how quick wwe mass produce knock em out at.

Advertisement