Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Just a heads up for everyone. ROH is having a 35% off sale this weekend! Some great deals to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It was my birthday a few weeks ago and my girlfriend (who despises wrestling :( BUT is slowly coming around :)) said she was getting me a few suprises.
    I didnt know what really to expect.

And i did not expect this at all:

Wwe_Wrestlemania_17_Complete_Anthol.jpg

And there was me thinking she never listens to me!
    :D

And to make it even cooler, she has watched a few matches with me! :cool:

*edit* Holy crap i didnt expect it to be that big!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Question askeddue to it's vintage and rareness: on DVD, yeah?

Kind of a bittersweet show as it is the very peak of Wrestling in every way before it went off a cliff.

rovert wrote: »

Kind of a bittersweet show as it is the very peak of Wrestling in every way before it went off a cliff.

Yep, its a double disc set.

A good deal of extras for back then, the menus look really, really dated!

A nice feature is that they have all the run up to the matches PLUS with the aftermath on raw to do with rock/austin, the birth of Powertrip.
    Which is really funny because vince makes an impromptu cage match, something which unfortunately not do able now adays :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A nice feature is that they have all the run up to the matches PLUS with the aftermath on raw to do with rock/austin, the birth of Powertrip.
    Which is really funny because vince makes an impromptu cage match, something which unfortunately not do able now adays :(

Yeah, i got this back in 2004 for about £20 sterling on ebay (I think it goes for a good bit more than that now as time has went on). They really loaded it up with extras and made the presentation for X8 look shameful by comparison (Hogan v Warrior at Mania 6? Come on!), Definitely worth every cent.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

+1

:(

Here an old episode of Wrestling Observer Live which some may find interesting:

04-2-01 No Guest/Wrestlemania X-7 Review
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/w2fsye

This is interesting for two reason in the review of the show neither thought it was a great show and Dave Meltzer predicts hard times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its a great present in fairness, fair play to her. Would have cost her a good few bob, WM17 fetches a nice price these days on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

She didn't get him an All Japan comp spanning the mid nineties.;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its a great present in fairness, fair play to her. Would have cost her a good few bob, WM17 fetches a nice price these days on DVD.

Id say it did, its in mint condition, and i mean mint, lol.

To preserve it i've ripped it so i can put it away untouched :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE has plans to release a two-disc DVD set on Edge on November 4, 2008, according to Amazon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WWE has plans to release a two-disc DVD set on Edge on November 4, 2008, according to Amazon.com

Bout Time...Will it be a documentray with Edge or will it just be a compillation of his best matches...Heres hoping for Documentary....

Has there ever been any sort of documentary on Edge?

If not this dvd would have to cover a LOT, it would be great if it went back to the beginning of his character with christian.

Has there ever been any sort of documentary on Edge?

If not this dvd would have to cover a LOT, it would be great if it went back to the beginning of his character with christian.

I believe he was around a few months before Christian debuted stuck in pointless feuds with Marc Mero and Jeff Jarrett.

I wouldn't bet on this, i'd expect them to gloss over the three years he had with Christian, If It's a documentary, they'll go from his debut, brush over the E&C years from 99-01, barely cover No Mercy, Mania 16 and the 2 TLC matches in 2000 and 2001. Go up to 03, spent about 15 minutes alone on his injury and neck surgery, and then spend the guts of it from his comeback in 2004 to present day.

Christian will be left out most likely, due to his association with TNA, despite the fact that WWE own the existing footage. Just like they left out the Angle feud out of the Shawn DVD.

I'll place my bets with a match comp.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i know they brought out an autin dvd a while back, is it any use? i mean is it just matches or does it show proper stone cold at the height of the attitude era, GM austin, beer bath, vs tyson, vs dx etc!? like was out yeeeeeeeeeears back! and also is it available on blu ray, i would love to see attitude era in HD! (sory if this has already been discussed)

i know they brought out an autin dvd a while back, is it any use? i mean is it just matches or does it show proper stone cold at the height of the attitude era, GM austin, beer bath, vs tyson, vs dx etc!? like was out yeeeeeeeeeears back! and also is it available on blu ray, i would love to see attitude era in HD! (sory if this has already been discussed)

Only WWE blu-ray available at the minute is Wrestlemania 24. I'm holding off my WWE release purchases as well, but it doesn't look like they're in a hurry to pass produce blu-ray.

The Austin DVD set is fairly meh to be honest from what i've seen of it.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has anyone bought Vive Guerrero? Its a tribute night to Eddie Guerrero and Ive heard great things about it? Need to know is the DVD on Highspots or where ever Region Zero or what?

Ta

Bit steep
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Im just going by what prices there going for on ebay.

Believe me I was even shocked by how much NWO Back In Black goes for!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im just going by what prices there going for on ebay.

Believe me I was even shocked by how much NWO Back In Black goes for!!

Here here for nwo seen as its crap and basically is a tool to put over the wwe version.Gotta wonder if the people paying their silly money know this
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How much does that go for? I have that at home and would sell it in a flash as it is rubbish.

gimmick wrote: »
    How much does that go for? I have that at home and would sell it in a flash as it is rubbish.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/WWF-BACK-IN-BLACK-DVD-HULK-KOGAN-THE-ROCK-NWO-WWE-ECW_W0QQitemZ380059379608QQihZ025QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This ones over €50 including a crazy £6 postage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If you could manage to get Back In Black signed by one of the original 3 it would probably go for upwards of a hundred.

If you could manage to get Back In Black signed by one of the original 3 it would probably go for upwards of a hundred.

so then you'd be @ a lose so,cause the dvds say 50 and then autograph name your price.
    Defo not a great idea to try and make money of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Okay, heres my plan. I go to TNA Bound For Glory with my copy of Back In Black (I already have one and didn't pay those kind of prices) get Nash to sign it at the FanFest and sell it at a later date. Yes, I would still be out of pocket but at least I'd have gotten to see BFG.:)

Okay, heres my plan. I go to TNA Bound For Glory with my copy of Back In Black (I already have one and didn't pay those kind of prices) get Nash to sign it at the FanFest and sell it at a later date. Yes, I would still be out of pocket but at least I'd have gotten to see BFG.:)

I wont go into the whole seeing tna slagging before this descends into a "bash tna thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Got mine for a fiver in Gamestop 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

does anyone have the new Flair dvd? if so does it have the whole farewell ceremony or is it just the segment that was shown on Raw? i'd love to have the full version as my cameras battery died just as Taker came out

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    does anyone have the new Flair dvd? if so does it have the whole farewell ceremony or is it just the segment that was shown on Raw? i'd love to have the full version as my cameras battery died just as Taker came out

It's all on it, it fades out and then fades back in with Undertaker (knob-end like him staying in character for an event like that) and then Vince (who knew a lot better and broke character) with the hugs and the raising the arm.

VR!

Advertisement