Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Christian will be left out most likely, due to his association with TNA, despite the fact that WWE own the existing footage. Just like they left out the Angle feud out of the Shawn DVD.

The relationship between Edge and Christian is slightly more important than that between Micheals and Angle and it's not like they didn't mention Sting in the Flair DVD. I'd be absolutely amazed if they ignored him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The relationship between Edge and Christian is slightly more important than that between Micheals and Angle and it's not like they didn't mention Sting in the Flair DVD. I'd be absolutely amazed if they ignored him

Yes, but WWE have wanted Sting for years if i recall correctly, it was Sting who turned them down. And i'm not so sure if Christian burned his bridges with WWE regarding contract renewal. Some people say WWE lowballed Christian to make sure he wouldn't resign, other's say WWE just weren't interested. And it's only three years, which they could gloss over in three minutes. Trust me, WWE home video have done it before.

And you also have to remember, most of their work most remembered for was already on the Ladder Match DVD, so why bother throwing more stuff related on another DVD, when you can just gloss over it and use that as a selling point.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

And you also have to remember, most of their work most remembered for was already on the Ladder Match DVD, so why bother throwing more stuff related on another DVD, when you can just gloss over it and use that as a selling point.
    VR!

Well for one, most Edge fans are Christian fans as well and are more likely to be annoyed if he's left out. Secondly, I can't see how you can cover the first four years of his career without Christian. Tag team matches with Gangrel were few and far between. Third, if there's a documentary there is quite simply no way they could ignore him and lastly, they'd be missing out on some brilliant brilliant material for the sake of being petty. They could easily fill a disc with Edge and Christian doing poses, hanging around with Ashton Kutcher and playing kazoos alone. He will be featured, I'm 100% certain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well for one, most Edge fans are Christian fans as well and are more likely to be annoyed if he's left out. Secondly, I can't see how you can cover the first four years of his career without Christian. Tag team matches with Gangrel were few and far between. Third, if there's a documentary there is quite simply no way they could ignore him and lastly, they'd be missing out on some brilliant brilliant material for the sake of being petty. They could easily fill a disc with Edge and Christian doing poses, hanging around with Ashton Kutcher and playing kazoos alone. He will be featured, I'm 100% certain

The disc could just focus on his single career as he is a singles star.

Firstly, WWE doesn't give a rats ass about it's fans. That's always been a given.
    Secondly, Christian and Edge didn't start teaming as a unit until very late 98, early 99, so realistically speaking, it's a three year team, Christian was only popping up here and there until Gangrel got involved.

And lastly, the DVD is about Edge, not Edge and Christian, as rovert already pointed out. If they wanted to do a DVD about Edge & Christian, they'd do it.

I've no doubt he'll be featured, but he'll be glossed over.
    VR!

• Advertisement

Someone put up the money:
    WWW.HIGHSPOTS.COM is proud to announce its biggest project ever involving one of the greatest and most recognizable pro wrestling stars on the planet. Highspots has signed "NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR for an amazing career retrospective video project unlike any shoot interview ever conducted before.

The Highspots.com interview with the incomparable Ric Flair will be conducted over a three week session at the Highspots offices in Charlotte, NC. What will result is a complete documented retelling of Flair's entire storied career in his own words from beginning to end. This will be far more thorough than any other shoot interview ever conducted.

From his first days in Verne Gagne's blistering cold Minnesota wrestling camp all the way to Flair's final hurrah underneath the warm Florida sky at Wrestlemania 24, virtually every event in arguably the most legendary pro wrestling career of all-time will be talked about. Without any filter from any corporate legal department, we will get the true candid thoughts from The Man himself on carrying the NWA World Heavyweight Championship for nearly a decade, the crazy road stories traveling with the Four Horsemen, legendary opponents like Rick Steamboat, backstage conflict with Jim Herd, his true thoughts on the McMahon family and everything in between. You will hear the deepest insight ever captured on film of Flair's memories from wrestling literally all over the world: the Carolinas, Puerto Rico, Japan, Mexico, Texas, WCW, WWE and all points in between.

In conjunction with this amazing series of interviews, Highspots has signed 16-time World Champion Ric Flair for a number of live appearances to promote our upcoming DVD releases. For every event there will be a VIP ticket available that includes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to not only meet but interact with wrestling's greatest World Champion ever, Ric Flair. In addition, each of the six events will feature live matches brought to you by some of the top wrestling promotions in the country today as well as other shows honoring our territorial legends. Flair will appear to address the crowd at every event during the matches but the only way to meet and greet The Man is to purchase the VIP ticket for the pre-show autograph signing and photo opportunity with The Nature Boy.

Ticket and card information is available for the first 2 events already, with 4 other huge nights with the Nature Boy happening later this year. Highspots.com proudly presents "Nature Boy" Ric Flair at the following two live events this fall:

September 20th - Jacksonville, NC - Hunters Creek Middle School
    October 3rd - Columbia, SC - Jamil Temple

Information will be forthcoming at [url]http:///www.highspots.com/ricflair[/url] for Flair's remaining Highspots.com appearances on November 8th, November 14th, November 15th and December 6th.

Every pro wrestling fan young and old is invited to join Highspots.com on this once in a lifetime journey with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Whether you long for the good old days and remember how wrestling used to be or if you've just discovered the legendary legacy of Ric Flair in the twilight of his career, this will be the most informative wrestling video series ever, a true living history of the wrestling business as told by perhaps its favorite son. Join us through our DVD releases and at our upcoming live events as we not only reminisce about past memories but also make new ones!

Kurt Angle's shoot interview is awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    Kurt Angle's shoot interview is awesome

Whered you get it?

Whered you get it?

RF video.

Is it true that Edge's DVD has been scrapped for a Kane one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it true that Edge's DVD has been scrapped for a Kane one?

KKV decided to celebrate his 750th post in styyle! :pac:

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Uncommon-Passion-Dream-Reality/dp/B0019MG2Z0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220739296&sr=8-1

Anyone heard anything about this or plan on getting it themselves?
    Play have it dirt cheap but only the 1 disc edition

jeffk wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Uncommon-Passion-Dream-Reality/dp/B0019MG2Z0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220739296&sr=8-1

Anyone heard anything about this or plan on getting it themselves?
    Play have it dirt cheap but only the 1 disc edition

Defo worth getting it is the redneck Rise & Fall of ECW

rovert wrote: »
    Defo worth getting it is the redneck Rise & Fall of ECW

cool cool and im guessing go for the 2 disc edition?
    Probably obvious but just checking the matches aint muck.

KKV decided to celebrate his 750th post in styyle! :pac:

The Edge DVD has been scrapped in favour of a Kane one, or so I'm told. If you pre-order Edge's DVD, you get an email saying its been changed and your pre-order gets cancelled i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Edge DVD has been scrapped in favour of a Kane one, or so I'm told. If you pre-order Edge's DVD, you get an email saying its been changed and your pre-order gets cancelled i think.

What I heard is that the Edge DVD has been delayed a month or two and that there'll be a Kane DVD out before the Edge one. I couldn't see them just replacing Edge's DVD with Kane's

Fozzy wrote: »
    What I heard is that the Edge DVD has been delayed a month or two and that there'll be a Kane DVD out before the Edge one. I couldn't see them just replacing Edge's DVD with Kane's

Well I'm just saying what i heard. Can't be sure of how accurate it is.

I hope, if Kane gets one, that its not a bunch of randomly chosen crappy matches with 0% Kane involvement.

I'd like it to be a documentary style DVD about Glen Jacobs. About the guy that plays games online and keeps to himself on the road. Not the burned monster that sets people on fire (although i always thought that the story of Kane would have been one of WWE Films' first ideas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Well I'm just saying what i heard. Can't be sure of how accurate it is.

I hope, if Kane gets one, that its not a bunch of randomly chosen crappy matches with 0% Kane involvement.

I'd like it to be a documentary style DVD about Glen Jacobs. About the guy that plays games online and keeps to himself on the road. Not the burned monster that sets people on fire (although i always thought that the story of Kane would have been one of WWE Films' first ideas).

Where did you hear this?

April fools day was ove 5 months ago dude. ;)
    A Kane DVD? The documentary would suck, i can sum it up in twenty seconds
    "I was Unabomb, i sucked, I was a dentist, I sucked, I was a Diesel Clone, I sucked, I am Kane, i suck, but i have a 24hr WWE title reign and a WWECW jobberweight title reign under my belt!"

We don't need a 2 hour documentary for that
    VR!

• Advertisement

April fools day was ove 5 months ago dude. ;)
    A Kane DVD? The documentary would suck, i can sum it up in twenty seconds
    "I was Unabomb, i sucked, I was a dentist, I sucked, I was a Diesel Clone, I sucked, I am Kane, i suck, but i have a 24hr WWE title reign and a WWECW jobberweight title reign under my belt!"

We don't need a 2 hour documentary for that
    VR!

You buy a Kane DVD for the matches :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Fozzy wrote: »

They should hold off on Edge's for a few more years, his best may be yet to come

D-FENS wrote: »
    They should hold off on Edge's for a few more years, his best may be yet to come

Then they can release another DVD set ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

VR!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

hi lads im trying to shift my wrestling dvds atm,anybody interested please email me at glenno316@hotmail.com and i will give you details of what i have

mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    hi lads im trying to shift my wrestling dvds atm,anybody interested please email me at glenno316@hotmail.com and i will give you details of what i have

You got an original ecw dvds?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

yes list as follows

Wrestling Videos
    Ecw Hard Hits series
    Ecw House Party 96
    ecw Big Ass Extreme Bash
    ecw House Party 98
    ecw november2 remember 98
    ecw november2remember 99
    ecw november2remember 2000
    ecw hardcore heaven 95