Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    I don't see how people go out and buy these multi pack DVDs for wrestlers that still have plenty of years left in them (HHH, Kane) ..it's only going to be replaced with a bigger collection in a few years time when that wrestler actually does retire.(or should that be "retire" :))

I don't know, I'd doubt there'd be any interest in a documentary free kane DVD if he wasn't wrestling anymore. Most of his fans are kids these days and his old fans have moved on (mostly, KKV and Kane-n-Nite being the exception) so the kids would need him on TV promoting it to harass their parents.

As for people like Hunter and HBK, who are still very active but have a back catalogue worth publishing, it's better to have the DVD than to not have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I agree too but it's not going to happen because they will do it both ways ala the Flair dvd's and still sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From PW Insider:
    The complete promotional material and feature/match listing for the forthcoming WWE DVD set "Edge - A Decade of Decadence" has been released. Promotional material for the DVD reads, "Fans may love to hate Edge, but they'll love this impressive collection of matches where Edge has won the WWE Championship (2 times), World Heavyweight Championship (2 times), Intercontinental Championship (5 times), U.S. Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and World Tag Team Championship (11 times!). To date, the "Rated R Superstar" has never had a DVD collection highlighting his amazing career, but Edge--A Decade of Decadence changes that. This 3-DVD set will feature dozens of the greatest matches and moments from Edge's career."

The DVD will be released on 12/23 and can be pre-ordered now from www.highspots.com.

Features and matches on the DVD are:

DISC ONE

A Boy and his Dream

Breakdown September 27, 1998
    Edge vs. Owen Hart

Terri Invitational Tournament- Ladder Match
    New Brood vs. Edge & Christian
    No Mercy October 17, 1999

8 Pounds of Gold

Triangle Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship
    Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
    WrestleMania April 2, 2000

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Lance Storm vs. Edge
    SummerSlam August 19, 2001

Championship Unification Match: IC vs. US - Edge vs. Test
    Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Singles Superstar

Edge vs. Mr. Perfect
    Sunday Night Heat March 3, 2002

Hair vs. Hair Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
    Judgment Day May 19, 2002

Steel Cage Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
    SmackDown! May 30, 2002

World Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck vs. Edge & Hollywood Hulk Hogan
    SmackDown! July 4, 2002

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero - Unforgiven September 22, 2002

Extras

• The Totally Awesome Best of Edge & Christian

DISCO TWO

Injury – Return!

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Randy Orton vs. Edge
    Vengeance July 11, 2004

Street Fight: Shawn Michaels vs. Edge
    RAW February 28, 2005

Gold Rush Tournament Final: Kane vs. Edge
    RAW May 16, 2005

Love Triangle

Street Fight: Matt Hardy vs. Edge
    RAW August 29, 2005

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Edge
    New Year’s Revolution January 8, 2006

Overrated

Hardcore Match: Mick Foley vs. Edge
    WrestleMania 22 April 2, 2006

6- Person Tag Team Match: Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer & Beulah vs. Mick Foley, Edge & Lita
    ECW: One Night Stand June 11, 2006

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge
    RAW July 3, 2006

Extras

*Adam Copeland vs. Christian (WWF tryout)
    Cornwall, ON November 10, 1997
    Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

* Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (Never before seen Edge surprise- even to him - IC title win)
    Toronto, ON July 24, 1999
    Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

DISC THREE

“I Equal Ratings!”

WWE Championship: Edge vs. John Cena
    SummerSlam August 20, 2006

I Persevered

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
    RAW February 19, 2007

Randy Orton vs. Edge
    RAW April 30, 2007

Money in the Bank – Again!

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Undertaker vs. Edge
    SmackDown! May 11, 2007

Last Chance World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Batista
    Vengeance June 24, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Rey Mysterio
    Royal Rumble January 27, 2008

My Speciality

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match For the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker vs. Edge
    One Night Stand June 1, 2008

Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs. Edge
    SummerSlam August 17, 2008

What’s Next – Sequel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

^ That might be better than the Kane DVD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

Nice to seen different matches on it like breakdown and sunday night heat.I wonder did edge pick them?
    Showing hes a mark with the hogan match on it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    ^ That might be better than the Kane DVD :D

Just about. :) Its cool to have the unplanned IC Title win on it.

jeffk wrote: »

Right?

Right?

Dont get you?
    I remember him loving it when it was going on mind you seemed EVERYONE was put out there to say they love hogan.WWE buttering hogan up lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Nice to seen different matches on it like breakdown and sunday night heat.I wonder did edge pick them?

How does it show that he's a mark with the Hogan match in it but not with the Perfect match, as he respected both as he was growing up? :confused:

Dont get you?
    I remember him loving it when it was going on mind you seemed EVERYONE was put out there to say they love hogan.WWE buttering hogan up lol

You know most wrestlers respect Hogan dont you?

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    How does it show that he's a mark with the Hogan match in it but not with the Perfect match, as he respected both as he was growing up? :confused:

Because like the owen match im sure it was a wrestling classic and not pure sports entertainment like with hogan and the "gay couple"

You know most wrestlers respect Hogan dont you?

Im sure they do and maybe as many don't.I'm not a fan of him and a hbk mark so ill always have a slanted view on hogan.

Perfect did his best to put Edge over in that match even though it was on Heat and at the tail end of Perfects career

Infact i think in his short return he tried that for alot of people

Edge DVD looks pretty good some gem moments there

WWE buttering hogan up lol

How do you figure that?

How do you figure that?

Was it not around the time where everyone went out there and said how much they loved hogan?

Im sure they do and maybe as many don't.I'm not a fan of him and a hbk mark so ill always have a slanted view on hogan.

And it took you up til 2005 to have that view, given Hogan's treatment of Bret, Hennig and Flair amongst others in the 90s?

I'm a HBK mark as well, but he wasn't exactly a saint either. Are you going to have the same slanted view for the same reasons?

You know that was a storyline?
    Was it not around the time where everyone went out there and said how much they loved hogan?

No a lot of that was geniune. It was clearly so with Edge.

Yes, probably because he's one half of a duo that changed the industry forever. WWE wouldn't have needed to butter him up.

At the end of the day, Hogan needs WWE more than WWE needs Hogan. And it has been like that since 1993.

And it took you up til 2005 to have that view, given Hogan's treatment of Bret, Hennig and Flair amongst others in the 90s?

I'm a HBK mark as well, but he wasn't exactly a saint either. Are you going to have the same slanted view for the same reasons?

I didnt get into the whole non kayfabed wrestling and outside of wwe till around 00 when i got some ecw.

So i was never up on hogans backstage crap and what not and refusing to put people over.Then after seeing so much ecw and some indie wrestling how could you lik hogans same ole routine and the legdrop of doom.
    The whole summerslam with hbk was a joke and then to do the same to orton as well.

• Advertisement

Then after seeing so much ecw and some indie wrestling how could you lik hogans same ole routine and the legdrop of doom.

Most of those ECW and Indy fans can be seen sitting in the crowd Hulking up with Hogan at WCW Nitros.

Most of those ECW and Indy fans can be seen sitting in the crowd Hulking up with Hogan at WCW Nitros.

Or marking out when sid came to ecw?
    Anyways looks a good dvd but wont be rushing to purchase it,roll on the eddie dvd!

I didnt get into the whole non kayfabed wrestling and outside of wwe till around 00 when i got some ecw.

So i was never up on hogans backstage crap and what not and refusing to put people over.Then after seeing so much ecw and some indie wrestling how could you lik hogans same ole routine and the legdrop of doom.
    The whole summerslam with hbk was a joke and then to do the same to orton as well.

What about HBK refusing to put people over? I'm sure Chris Candido, Shane Douglas, Bret Hart and Owen Hart all appreciated what your boy did for them between 96-98

I don't give a rats if you only got into non kayfabed stuff from 00, the facts remain.

What about HBK refusing to put people over? I'm sure Chris Candido, Shane Douglas, Bret Hart and Owen Hart all appreciated what your boy did for them between 96-98

I don't give a rats if you only got into non kayfabed stuff from 00, the facts remain.

yeh well if we went through everyone that did and didnt put people over it would be a long list.
    Im saying from my point of view and experience, no point coming on here and making stuff up or talking about stuff i never seen.

yeh well if we went through everyone that did and didnt put people over it would be a long list.
    Im saying from my point of view and experience, no point coming on here and making stuff up or talking about stuff i never seen.

It just made you sound a little foolish and hypocritical to slate Hogan over the HBK incident when he pulled the same amount of crap years earlier.

And we can't have that now, can we? :)

Forget amazon €25 is almost shop prices (well not quite)

€16 here and they send them usually a week or more early

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/651191946815

I've used them before and they are cheap and reliable for most WWE/TNA dvds

It just made you sound a little foolish and hypocritical to slate Hogan over the HBK incident when he pulled the same amount of crap years earlier.

And we can't have that now, can we? :)

Ok so i made a mistake i retract what i said!

EdK wrote: »
    Forget amazon €25 is almost shop prices (well not quite)

€16 here and they send them usually a week or more early

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/651191946815

I've used them before and they are cheap and reliable for most WWE/TNA dvds

Is that postage inclusive?

€16 is postage inclusive,€0.99 per 100g weight so €2 postage which is very good

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    €16 is postage inclusive,€0.99 per 100g weight so €2 postage which is very good

Thats class :eek: beats those micky mouse ebay sells taking a number outta the sky.Ill bookmark them so cheers

Advertisement