Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can you order in Sterling to an Irish Address EDk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Just did it there no problems so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

EdK wrote: »
    Just a word of warning for those who frequent, Silvervision and cdwow websites

I was on silvervision earlier ordering dvds for my brother for Christmas, Sterling price £14.99 each which is £30, Euro price €23 each which is €46

Currency converter which is quite accurate shows £30 to be roughly €35 euros, which is €11 left in your pocket, I managed to get another dvd and a free dvd for roughly the same price as the 2 dvds would have originally cost me paying euros including 10% discount for buying 3 dvds

For anyone interest they were Royal Rumble 95/96 and 99/00 Tagged classics and Survivor series 97/98 Tagged classic with a free the Stone Cold truth dvd

With cdwow granted there were no wrestling dvds but they do stock them, my bill on cdwow.ie would have been €68 the exact same dvds on cdwow.com cost roughly €51.35 which is nearly a €17 difference, Granted I did use a £1 voucher but still!

I dont know whether anybody will have noticed this but that is one hell of a saving for a little research

That is all ;)

I agree,it's stupid and I hate the way they've their system priced. You could argue that they're adding in the cost of postage there but in fact it's just us getting ripped off. If you have a friend in the UK that travels to and fro then send em to there. Of if you live near the border send em to a post office or something :pac:

Pissed off meself actually as I was looking at this price thing recently.

Anyone ordering Survivor Series from Sky ask to be charged in pounds save yourself a fiver haha :p, Later, i'm off north to do my shopping :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone ordering Survivor Series from Sky ask to be charged in pounds save yourself a fiver haha :p, Later, i'm off north to do my shopping :cool:

This guy is a genius!!!

• Advertisement

I might just change my username to EdK Hobbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    Flair DVD due to start shipping on 17/11, so it should certainly be here in time for christmas.

The cover art for this looks good. Heres hoping they actually did start shipping today

http://highspots.com/product.asp?id=20407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

The cover art for this looks good. Heres hoping they actually did start shipping today

http://highspots.com/product.asp?id=20407

As someone says it looks like a wwe release a far cry from a dvdr and photocopy paper.

Seems to make the extra cost worthwhile and hopeful for future dvds to be of better quality.

I couldnt resist getting the signed version and that will look far nicer with an autograph than low grade copy paper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Heres hoping they actually did start shipping today

Im with you on that buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rovert wrote: »
    Im with you on that buddy.

Received a shipping confirmation this morning from Highspots so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hrm, started to get tempted to want to get this now... although i'm flat brokled :(

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/54/69/-/8114397/Kurt-Angle-Champion/Product.html?searchtype=genre&cur=258
    Kurt Angle: Champion-Seen as ive heard tna is a bitch to order of and not get ripped of on customs

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/54/69/-/8114507/Ultimate-Matches/Product.html?searchtype=genre
    Tna Ultimate Matches (2 Disc)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/54/69/...archtype=genre
    Anyone have any idea what that is?
    It has no information and @ that price I can only assume its one of those before they where superstars comps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The cover for the upcoming Starrcade DVD has been released;

WWE1227-front.jpg

Just more info on axelmusic so people are up to speed.

11 Days shy of a month and still no DVD even though they said themselves 13 days max
    AND
    I have had a second DVD canceled by them over them not getting it or the like.
    So that's ordered three,still waiting on one and two they canceled!!

Mine came after 11 days but there was a couple of weekends in there too got some more on the way too, the perils of Internet ordering eh

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Flair shoot is shipped from Highspots,happy days:)

Mine came after 11 days but there was a couple of weekends in there too got some more on the way too, the perils of Internet ordering eh

Ah stop you wouldn't mind but its all has to come from America which makes it worse as its outside of the Eu.
    Fekin`typical

The cover for the upcoming Starrcade DVD has been released;

WWE1227-front.jpg

I didn't think they would have Sting on the cover seeing as though hes with TNA!

• Advertisement

I didn't think they would have Sting on the cover seeing as though hes with TNA!

Doesn't matter, WWE own the rights to the footage. All they'd have to do is take a hi-res screen still of a promo shot from that era and it's enough to cover them. Makes perfect sense, Sting was a fixture in several memorable Starrcades.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, WWE own the rights to the footage. All they'd have to do is take a hi-res screen still of a promo shot from that era and it's enough to cover them. Makes perfect sense, Sting was a fixture in several memorable Starrcades.

Ah ye I know WWE owns the rights and all that but I didn't think they'd put him on the cover of a WWE DVD release because hes in a rival wrestling company at the moment.

Ah ye I know WWE owns the rights and all that but I didn't think they'd put him on the cover of a WWE DVD release because hes in a rival wrestling company at the moment.

Not in Vince's eyes he's not. Vince never has seen and never will see TNA as competition for as long as TNA are haemoraging (sp?) money that isn't theirs. Especially if they've just pulled one of their top stars away from them. Vince is using TNA (and ROH for that matter) as a developmental farm. Which is why you've seen a lot of talent from both promotions come and go, Kazarian, Monty Brown, Matt Sydel, CP Munk, Chris Harris to name a few.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Not in Vince's eyes he's not. Vince never has seen and never will see TNA as competition for as long as TNA are haemoraging (sp?) money that isn't theirs. Especially if they've just pulled one of their top stars away from them. Vince is using TNA (and ROH for that matter) as a developmental farm. Which is why you've seen a lot of talent from both promotions come and go, Kazarian, Monty Brown, Matt Sydel, CP Munk, Chris Harris to name a few.

Ive never thought about it like that before but it does make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He doesn't see them as competition but it's not as if he considers them a farm. ROH work a style that's completely alien to the WWE and it's natural that if you're the biggest promotion and someone impressed in the second biggest promotion you'd give them a shot.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He doesn't see them as competition but it's not as if he considers them a farm. ROH work a style that's completely alien to the WWE and it's natural that if you're the biggest promotion and someone impressed in the second biggest promotion you'd give them a shot.

Not directly, he doesn't consider it. But if his current formula for ticket selling and show drawing bombs, and it may very well do so, where do you think he's gonna start looking for ideas? He did it with ECW, hell he even did it with WCW when he got to the point where he was so desperate for ideas.

Vince is a businessman, and it is smart business. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What might be the greatest WWE dvd release ever has been announced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A

That joke got old months ago.
    However this may very well revive it for another few chuckles for those desperate for a laugh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

On the Eddie DVD:
    WWE has edited the forthcoming Eddie Guerrero DVD by removing any mention of Chris Benoit from the Guerrero tribute show that aired on Raw. In addition, the storyline between him and Chyna has been removed out of respect to Vickie.

• Advertisement

In other news Rey Mysterio has been completely removed from the dvd out of respect to Eddie:p

Advertisement