Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

WWE has edited the forthcoming Eddie Guerrero DVD by removing any mention of Chris Benoit from the Guerrero tribute show that aired on Raw. In addition, the storyline between him and Chyna has been removed out of respect to Vickie.

Stupid move as nobody gave a crap about Eddie before that angle, and they stopped giving a crap about him after the angle was done right up til his release.

Then he comes back in 2002 and everyone's a fan again! :P
    (then he dies and they all come out of the woodwork)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Ric Flair shoot arrived this morning woooooo happy days

Sweet, let me know your thoughts. I look like i could have a new contact landing in the door any day now, income again! DVD spree again! :D

I will but it may be awhile ha, Eddie dvd, Kurt Angles TNA dvd, The Best of The IC title and some TNA ppvs came too, along with i havent seen Survivor series yet

Although i might put it on now while i wait for my brother to get home, the openable cover at the front is the signed part which keeps it nice and secure

EdK wrote: »
    Although i might put it on now while i wait for my brother to get home, the openable cover at the front is the signed part which keeps it nice and secure

You missed f*ck all with the Survivor Series (see my posts on the thread), trust me. Flair is worth it way more than the rest that you listed. :D

And if you've ever watched a good lengthy shoot, then you'll know exactly what i mean! ;)

• Advertisement

I've started Flair, nice opening video and picture montage, first few topics are his illegal adoption,childhood and first pro wrestling memory, very interesting even from the start

Watched nearly 2 hrs and had to stop its very interesting but there is so much information there you just have to give yourself a chance to take it in

Watched nearly 2 hrs and had to stop its very interesting but there is so much information there you just have to give yourself a chance to take it in

With Flair, that comes as no surprise. He's in the business long enough.
    So bagging a copy of this and putting down the deposit for my third tattoo next week! :D

Yeah I could watch it away but I have the worst memory ever, so its better for me to take it in rather than zom through it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

krudler wrote: »
    What might be the greatest WWE dvd release ever has been announced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A

LATE SLIP :P

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351247

Seriously lads Im going crazy I still dont have the Flair DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭jeffk

CYBER MONDAY SALE
    Monday, December 01, 2008

RING OF HONOR 2004 SHOW DVD'S- ONLY $8 EACH!!!

In the Cyber Monday tradition Ring of Honor is offering two special deals to our fans for a 24 hour period. The first deal features all in stock 2004 live event DVD's on sale for $8 each. The following shows are now on sale:

-Second Anniversary Show 2/14/04 ROH Pure Wrestling Title Tournament)
    -At Our Best 3/13/04 (Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe World Title Cage Match; Scramble Cage II; AJ Styles vs. CM Punk)
    -ROH Reborn Stage 1 4/23/04 (Samoa Joe vs. Homicide ROH World Title Matchl; CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson)
    -ROH Reborn Stage 2 4/24/04 (Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. CM Punk & Colt Cabana World Tag Team Title Match; Homicide vs. Bryan Danielson)
    -World Title Classic 6/12/04 (Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk ROH World Title Match)
    -Survival of the Fittest 6/24/04 (The 1st ever Survival of the Fittest Elimination Match)
    -ROH Reborn Completion 7/17/04 (Samoa Joe & The Briscoes vs. Homicide & The Havana Pit Bulls)
    -Death Before Dishonor II Pt. 1 7/23/04 (CM Punk & Colt Cabana vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe World Tag Team Title 2/3 Falls Match; Samoa Joe vs. Homicide ROH World Title Match)
    -Scramble Cage Melee 8/28/04 (Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk vs. Homicide)
    -Glory By Honor III 9/11/04 (CM Punk vs. Austin Aries; Bryan Danielson vs. Alex Shelley)
    -Midnight Express Reunion 10/2/04 (Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson ROH World Title Match)
    -Joe vs. Punk II 10/16/04 (Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk ROH World Title Rematch)
    -Weekend of Thunder Night 1 11/5/04 (Bryan Danielson vs. Jushin Liger)
    -All Star Extravaganza II 12/4/04 (Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk ROH World Title Match; CM Punk vs. Spanky; Bryan Danielson vs. Homicide; Low Ki vs. Austin Aries)
    -Final Battle 2004 12/26/04 (Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries ROH World Title Match; Bryan Danielson vs. Low Ki)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Has anyone been in Gamestop at all ? Any signs of any WWE dvds going cheap ?

Has anyone been in Gamestop at all ? Any signs of any WWE dvds going cheap ?

As far as i know most of em are 2nd hand so like any 2nd shop its up to people to flog dvds for them to have stock.
    wait till after xmas for jan sale and the dvds that little johnny didnt want

Nah, they've had brand new WWE dvds on sale before. Their 2nd hand lot is rubbish, 5 for €20 but there's never 5decent dvds you'd want and I've never seen any WWE dvds in the 2nd hand anyway. All the staff take the good stuff before it goes out.

Nah, they've had brand new WWE dvds on sale before. Their 2nd hand lot is rubbish, 5 for €20 but there's never 5decent dvds you'd want and I've never seen any WWE dvds in the 2nd hand anyway. All the staff take the good stuff before it goes out.

I used to go into the one in liffey street in town and was some good buys in there.
    Been in the one in Mullingar a few times and twice i went to buy wwe dvds and was told we cant find the discs.

I've gone into both the shops in town and there's been nothing, well nothing the last time I checked. And the same for the one in Rathmines.

Ah well. Does anyone here buy from HMV ? They're quite expensive compared to the rest of the products they sell. You'd think they could get some decent deals off of Silvervision like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From TNA:
    April 14, 2009 - Jeff Jarrett: King Of The Mountain
    The first DVD dedicated to the founder of TNA Wrestling and the multi-time World Heavyweight Champion and "King Of The Mountain" - Jeff Jarrett! This huge DVD release will feature his greatest TNA matches, exclusive interviews, never-before-seen video and photos and so much more! Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming weeks for more news on the upcoming Jeff Jarrett DVD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

A Jeff Jarrett DVD? Something for the most hardcore of the hardcore TNA fans I suppose

• Advertisement

Why are people so negative towards Jarrett, granted he's not the worlds greatest wrestler but there are alot more I'd put below him, TNA are starting to up their DVD game aswell with more interviews and unseen footage so it could be fairly good

Why are people so negative towards Jarrett, granted he's not the worlds greatest wrestler but there are alot more I'd put below him, TNA are starting to up their DVD game aswell with more interviews and unseen footage so it could be fairly good

Yup, i'd get this before i'd get a 3 disc compilation of that three move wonder aka The Rock. spit-chop, Peoples Elbow and Rock Bottom.

Now, do i really need 7 hours of that crap? I don't f*cking think so. At least for a lot of Jarretts matches, there was variation. Maybe with the exception of the finishes, but if we're gonna bitch about Verne Gagne syndrome then we could be here all night. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yup, i'd get this before i'd get a 3 disc compilation of that three move wonder aka The Rock. spit-chop, Peoples Elbow and Rock Bottom.

Right

I didnt know you were MOVEZ mark. The Rock was a billion times more entertaining than Jarrett.

I'm not a moves mark at all, however when it comes to bell to bell time, i'll easily watch Jarrett over Rock at any rate.

Now promo wise, thats another story. To me though, that's all Rock has ever been, a stick man. A fabulous one at that, but a stick man none the less.

I'm not a moves mark at all, however when it comes to bell to bell time, i'll easily watch Jarrett over Rock at any rate.

Now promo wise, thats another story. To me though, that's all Rock has ever been, a stick man. A fabulous one at that, but a stick man none the less.

Ah come on the Rock has had more ****+ matches than Jarrett and he wrestled half time Jarrett has. Rock was a great main event worker and had better instincts than Jarrett.

rovert wrote: »
    Ah come on the Rock has had more ****+ matches than Jarrett and he wrestled half time Jarrett has. Rock was a great main event worker and had better instincts than Jarrett.

Hey, it's down to personal preference, i accept and live with the fact that i'm in the minority in this particular case. Rock just didn't do anything for me in the ring other than look like a goofy cheeseball. Save for his Mania matches with Austin and selected matches with HHH.

I've actually enjoyed Jarrett's stuff from WCW onwards, although his promos were dirt. Before that i had zero time for the guy, especially as a Horseman (bleugh!)

Hey, it's down to personal preference, i accept and live with the fact that i'm in the minority in this particular case. Rock just didn't do anything for me in the ring other than look like a goofy cheeseball. Save for his Mania matches with Austin and selected matches with HHH.

I've actually enjoyed Jarrett's stuff from WCW onwards, although his promos were dirt. Before that i had zero time for the guy, especially as a Horseman (bleugh!)

Then again you are the same person who said Rock vs Cena wouldnt draw flies.......

Then again you are the same person who said Rock vs Cena wouldnt draw flies.......

Just like you're the same person who can't let that go.

Just like you're the same person who can't let that go.

I just question your judgement in relation to The Rock after that statement thats all.

• Advertisement

I just question your judgement in relation to The Rock after that statement thats all.

I just don't put him up there with Hogan and Austin in the terms of drawing power, especially has he's pretty much said he's done with wrestling in favour of Hollywood pissing off several fans, having crap matches during comebacks (Mania 20, as pointed out in a previous thread, and it was a dirt match regardless if it was thrown together or not), and him boring the hell out of several people at the Maivia HOF induction speech.

Hogan and Austin at top, but Rock has always been second fiddle.

Advertisement