Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I was just looking through old posts in this thread and a few people said they had bought the Flair shoot. Is it worth getting??

Yes, yes and yes! But only if you have about 16 hours of your life to spare if you get the 4 disc version. I watched it over christmas, awesome stuff. :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It may have been cut out, i'm not too familiar with the Tagged Classics version Jeff (should have stated that, sorry), i'm one of the lucky ones to own the original retail version. And that's what it is there. So some of the commentaries may have been cut for the TC releases.

And if that's the case, then it ups my original releases even more in value :D

Ah yeah i had an idea that a collector like yourself wouldn't be buying tagged classics lol.
    Ah well I suppose its one small bad point when they have left all things wwf and benoit still on it.Especially when that match alone made me get it.

Does yours have the mania thing on the 2nd disc or does it have some best of raw Ive read about?

jeffk wrote: »
    Ah yeah i had an idea that a collector like yourself wouldn't be buying tagged classics lol.
    Ah well I suppose its one small bad point when they have left all things wwf and benoit still on it.Especially when that match alone made me get it.

To my knowledge, all the tagged classics are left intact. That said the only Tagged classics i ever got were the In Your House PPVs cos some of mine were only good quality as opposed to excellent quality. I didn't bother with the main PPVs because a lot of them were brutally clipped right up until 1992.
    Does yours have the mania thing on the 2nd disc or does it have some best of raw Ive read about?

Not heard of any best of RAW, in fact it wouldn't make sense. It came with the Wrestlemania history package from 1-15. It basically a 3 hour cut down version of Wrestlemania All Night Long, which was a 8 hour pre show.

I'm actually still trying to track that down, it's kinda hard to find. :)

Edit: It wasn't a 24 hour Pre-Show, it was 8 hours

They are handy to have two in one set and cheap also.Id say In you house will be lined up very soon to go anthology.

Someone got there facts wrong in some review i read so :confused:
    Ah i seen that on the backstage @ mania video(that started great and stopped as quick :mad: )
    Is it not then just a longer version of what disc 2 is on the tagged classic version?

They are handy to have two in one set and cheap also.Id say In you house will be lined up very soon to go anthology.

They better not overlook Survivor Series again, i was very f*cked off over that, and the fact that Summerslam Anthology came out first, given that Survivor Series was the second ever WWE PPV and that in a lot of respects, had a lot more significance than Summerslam.
    Someone got there facts wrong in some review i read so :confused:
    Ah i seen that on the backstage @ mania video(that started great and stopped as quick :mad: )
    Is it not then just a longer version of what disc 2 is on the tagged classic version?

The all nighter long special?

• Advertisement

Ah no they will do the big 4 then look @ iyh.

yeah the thing they had with kevin kelly and jr doing bits of in front of the green mania`00 sign.

yeah the thing they had with kevin kelly and jr doing bits of in front of the green mania`00 sign.

I never actually saw the All Night Long, as i don't believe it was aired over here. I could be wrong, i'd lost interest in WWE from 99-01, while i've seen almost every RAW and every PPV from that period of time since, I've no idea what was shown and where from that period of time. But i know it was aired in the US.

Basically from what i know of it, it's 8 hours of interviews and archive footage, and i think some full matches from Mania's past. A lot of the interviews and the matches were clipped for that bonus DVD.

More info here: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/WrestleMania_2000
    "WrestleMania 2000 featured a preshow entitled WrestleMania All Day Long, which went through the history all of the previous WrestleManias. It is the longest WrestleMania preshow in the company's history, lasting over 8 hours."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37272&p=1
    TNA will be releasing "Second to None - TNA's Toughest Tag Teams" on DVD on 5/5. Team 3D will be featured on the cover and hosting the DVD.

I hope they do a better job with this than their last tag team DVD. They should really go back through the years and give a decent feature to xXx, Team Canada, AMW, The Naturals and 3LK.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37272&p=1

I hope they do a better job with this than their last tag team DVD. They should really go back through the years and give a decent feature to xXx, Team Canada, AMW, The Naturals and 3LK.

It's gonna be an almighty f*ckup if their first Tag Team DVD is anything to go by. To be honest, TNA should just forget about issuing footage from the last five years and work on the stuff from 2002-2004. Stuff that's harder to get and would actually generate interest.

After all, who WOULDN'T want to see TNA in a four sided ring?! :D

It's gonna be an almighty f*ckup if their first Tag Team DVD is anything to go by. To be honest, TNA should just forget about issuing footage from the last five years and work on the stuff from 2002-2004. Stuff that's harder to get and would actually generate interest.

After all, who WOULDN'T want to see TNA in a four sided ring?! :D

TNA certainly have had the quality of tag matches to produce a damn good DVD. But if the DVD just continues from where the last DVD finished it won't be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimbellows

the Flair shoot was pretty good to me
    clear.gif

Turns out the alternative commentary on the three way was a slip up and silvervision are working on it!!

Turns out the alternative commentary on the three way was a slip up and silvervision are working on it!!

The original was very messy, the way it was encoded. The main movie of the original silvervision release omitted the match and the euro continental title match is a seperate movie. The navagation stops the main movie, moves to the euro continental title and then back to the main movie where it left off.

I'm guessing it had to do that for the 3 commentaries, but it sounds like way too much hassle. But i guess it was ambitious for it's time.

The original was very messy, the way it was encoded. The main movie of the original silvervision release omitted the match and the euro continental title match is a seperate movie. The navagation stops the main movie, moves to the euro continental title and then back to the main movie where it left off.

I'm guessing it had to do that for the 3 commentaries, but it sounds like way too much hassle. But i guess it was ambitious for it's time.

Jesus that's a right effort, you have thought a third audio track for that match would have been easier.that's what i assumed when i couldn't find it.

Jesus that's a right effort, you have thought a third audio track for that match would have been easier.that's what i assumed when i couldn't find it.

There's more than 3 audio tracks on the whole thing. Think about it

Main feature - Two Audio tracks, english and spanish
    Eurocontinental match - Five audio tracks - English, Spanish, Cole & Angle, Cole & Benoit, Cole & Jericho.

There was no way they were gonna be able to merge all that into one audio track, the space on a dual layer DVD won't handle it for a start.

Also it was the third DVD ever done by WWE home video (Mania 15 and Rumble 2000 before it), they probably still didn't have a clue what they were doing ;)

There's more than 3 audio tracks on the whole thing. Think about it

Main feature - Two Audio tracks, english and spanish
    Eurocontinental match - Five audio tracks - English, Spanish, Cole & Angle, Cole & Benoit, Cole & Jericho.

There was no way they were gonna be able to merge all that into one audio track, the space on a dual layer DVD won't handle it for a start.

Also it was the third DVD ever done by WWE home video (Mania 15 and Rumble 2000 before it), they probably still didn't have a clue what they were doing ;)

Ah you see it doesn't say there's commentary with each with Cole,otherwise i would have said yeah it would be a lot to stick on as just extra audio.

Ah stop the stuff on them @ the time wasn't great never mind trying fancy extras.Not to mention the majority where just straight from tape to DVD efforts.

Ah you see it doesn't say there's commentary with each with Cole,otherwise i would have said yeah it would be a lot to stick on as just extra audio.

Ah stop the stuff on them @ the time wasn't great never mind trying fancy extras.Not to mention the majority where just straight from tape to DVD efforts.

The original DVD's weren't. The tagged classics from PPV's from 85-99 were.
    Royal Rumble 2000 was a pretty well put together DVD as well, showing endings from previous years Rumbles and the buildups to all the matches.

Mania 15 was a decent effort. It's just aged over time.

If they're not doing extra commentary with Cole, the the only other audio you're getting is the Spanish stuff. Because Jericho, Angle and Benoit call their match while being interviewed. It could also be with Coach too, it's been a while since i watched it.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=224&id=2954

Products__2954_14_thumb.jpg
    TNA Second To None: Toughest Tag Teams (2 Disc Set)

TNA Home Video presents, Second To None: TNA's Toughest Tag Teams. This is an action packed two disc set of the toughest tag teams in TNA today. Legendary 21 time Tag Team Champions Team 3D hosts this epic release and will bring you some of the greatest matches TNA has ever seen. Featured in this Home Video is Team 3D, Latin American Xchange, Motor City Machineguns, Matt Morgan & Abyss, Beer Money, Inc and many more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Does anybody have the wrestlemania 1-20 collection that was brought out a few years ago? And would you recommend it?

I was thinking of getting it but I heard before it was very edited because of the the wwe/wwf change over, I have most the Wrestlemanias one way or another anyways already but id kinda like the box set especially if they bring out a new volume this year with 20-25.

1-11 is worth getting as 1-8 were heavily edited on the original releases (Mania's 5, 6, and 7 for example were heavily edited from 3 and a half hours to 2hrs 50 mins.).

The rest aren't worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Products__2954_14_thumb.jpg

What a terribly designed cover. And the 2 looks like a Z!

What a terribly designed cover. And the 2 looks like a Z!

To be fair, it's hard to say if it is terribly designed given the tiny size of that pic.

Products__2954_14.jpg

I don't think it's bad as such, i just think white is a little too plain. If there was like some sort of grey design as a background, it would have made it ten times better, and I've made enough custom covers for my collection to know that white by itself, never works.

Royal Rumble Anthology was another example. I thought it looked like complete sh*t.

I don't think it's bad as such, i just think white is a little too plain. If there was like some sort of grey design as a background, it would have made it ten times better, and I've made enough custom covers for my collection to know that white by itself, never works.

Royal Rumble Anthology was another example. I thought it looked like complete sh*t.

This one?
    222405.jpg

I think these are pretty classy, look well as the set of four:
    W01294pi.jpg

One of the main problems i have with the cover of the tag teams is this:
    I studied multimedia for two years and one thing that was really made out to be a big deal in graphic design is white space and how it can be used differently in a press advertisment, a poster and a dvd cover.
    That and d'von and bubba are mis-sized.

This one?
    222405.jpg

I think these are pretty classy, look well as the set of four:
    W01294pi.jpg

Nah, i thought they were plain as hell. I didn't know they varied in colour. I only bought volume 1, 88-92 as 88 was never released officially, and 89, and 91 were butchered on the Coliseum video/tagged classics versions.

Hold on, im noticing a pattern here....

4.jpg

Either there are some really really lazy people in the TNA design team or they are just trying to follow a theme?

Hold on, im noticing a pattern here....

Either there are some really really lazy people in the TNA design team or they are just trying to follow a theme?

To be fair, at least this one has Gail in grey in the background, some detail, so it's not so bland.

Unlike that god awful Rumble Anthology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If you wanna see cool DVD covers have a look at Chikara's DVD covers, they're awesome;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/home.php?cat=10

In fact watch some as well, its great in a charming and funny kinda way.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    If you wanna see cool DVD covers have a look at Chikara's DVD covers, they're awesome;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/home.php?cat=10

In fact watch some as well, its great in a charming and funny kinda way.

OR
    As a cheaper and easier option into chikara get the "best of" chikara(i say that because its only one disc compared to the pwg sets 3)

http://www.chikarapro.com/Store2.shtml less than €15 including postage

Or of course there's loads on amazon/ebay

Advertisement