Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Full listing of the Savage DVD:
    He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW. “Macho Man” Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He’s widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitors of all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups.

Disc 1

WWE Debut
    Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw
    Prime Time Wrestling - July 9, 1985

Savage's Choice for a New Manager

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
    Boston Garden - December 7, 1985

One of the Most Hated Men in Wrestling

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
    Madison Square Garden - December 30, 1985

Setting His SIghts on a Different Title

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana
    Boston Garden - February 8, 1986

Old Generation Meets New Generation

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino
    Boston Garden - January 3, 1987

The Greatest Match in WrestleMania History

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
    WrestleMania III - March 29, 1987

Attempt to Regain the Intercontinental Championship

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man
    The Main Event - February 5, 1988

The Road to the WWE Title

WWE Championship Tournament Final
    Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
    WrestleMania IV - March 27, 1988

The Return Bout

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
    Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
    Madison Square Garden - June 25, 1988

Special Features

A Match Made in Heaven
    The Wedding of Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Elizabeth
    SummerSlam - August 26, 1991

Disc 2

Megapowers Unite

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase
    SummerSlam - August 29, 1988

Year Long Reign

WWE Championship Match
    WrestleMania V - April 2, 1989

Macho King & Queen Sherri

WWE Championship Match
    The Main Event - March 22, 1990

Intergender Mayhem

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire
    WrestleMania VI - April 1, 1990

Career on the Line

Retirement Match
    Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior
    WrestleMania VII - March 24, 1991

Love Bites

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts
    This Tuesday in Texas - December 3, 1991

Flasely Accused

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair
    WrestleMania VIII - April 5, 1992

Special Features

Elizabeth's Debut
    Championship Wrestling - July 30, 1985

The Coronation of the Macho King
    Superstars - September 30, 1989

Disc 3

Back On Top

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels
    European Rampage - April 19, 1992

Popularity on the Rise

Randy Savage / Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair / Shawn Michaels
    Worcester, MA - July 22, 1992

Behind the Mic

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna
    RAW - February 28, 1994

A Change of Scenery

Lifeguard Match
    Bash at the Beach - July 16, 1995

Rivalry Renewed

WCW Championship Match
    Nitro - January 22, 1996

The Rise of nWo

Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page
    Great American Bash - June 15, 1997

Team Madness

WCW Championship Match
    Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting
    Bash at the Beach - July 11, 1999

Special Features

Nothing But Garbage
    Prime Time Wrestling - October 29, 1985

Yesterday's Newspaper
    Prime Time Wrestling - December 3, 1985

A Champion's Prerogative
    All Star Wrestling - March 1, 1986

The Most Important Man in the World
    Prime Time Wrestling - April 21, 1986

Talkin' About History
    Prime Time Wrestling - May 5, 1986

Free Word Association
    Tuesday Night Titans - July 2, 1986

Cuppa' Coffee
    Prime Time Wrestling - May 11, 1987

The Cream of the Crop
    Prime Time Wrestling - May 11, 1987

The Beat Goes On
    Superstars - September 19, 1987

Bow To The Macho King
    Madison Square Garden - November 25, 1989

Macho King Rules The Peasants
    Saturday Night's Main Event - January 27, 1990

You Don't Say No To The Macho King
    Madison Square Garden - January 21, 1991

A Little Bit Insane
    Saturday Night's Main Event - February 8, 1992

Whatever It Takes
    Superstars - June 13, 1992

The Ultimate Maniacs
    Superstars - October 24, 1992

One Cool Dude
    Monday Nitro - June 17, 1996

nWo Madness
    Monday Nitro - April 28, 1997

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Can't believe they put the Ultimate Maniacs on there, that was an abortion of an angle if ever there was one leading up to Survivor Series that year, the fact that Helwig got fired ten days prior to Survivor Series didn't help matters either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

World Wrestling Entertainment has plans to release a DVD compilation set on the greatest wrestling tag teams of all-time this summer. The DVD is actually being named after the short-lived tag team that consisted of Lex Luger and "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith for eight months in 1995 - The Allied Powers. Allied Powers: The World's Greatest Tag Teams will be officially released on Tuesday, July 14, 2009. Click http://www.amazon.com/Allied-Powers-Worlds-Greatest-Teams/dp/B002436WIU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239143559&sr=1-3 to see the product page on Amazon.com, although information on the DVD has yet to be released.

Guess they're not learning from TNA and their flops when it comes to DVDs about Tag Teams!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

WWE has several promotions worth of great tag teams to choose from though.

I think it was Heat before last years Wrestlemania that just showed classic tag matches and it was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Make more sense to bring this out around the same time as the SvR 2009 when al the emphasis was on tag teams then. Not now, when they had to make one tag titles because theres only 2 tag teams in the whole of the company.

WWE has several promotions worth of great tag teams to choose from though.

This is true, but it's also the same promotion that hates to showcase talent that they didn't create either. And i was really let down by the documentary of the Starrcade DVD (it wasn't long enough). So if they do a doc for this, the chances are they'll sacrifice the quality of it for some crappy match.

Sorry but the guts of the last year have been fairly bad for WWE DVD's in my honest opinion, save for the Flair one. But it depends on your stance on it too. If you like match comps, fine, but some of us like a little more insight.

(Even if it is sometimes "McMahon based revisionism (tm)MNG")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    To be fair, at least this one has Gail in grey in the background, some detail, so it's not so bland.

There's a background in this pic?
    I did'nt get past Karen's...gloves....:)

D-FENS wrote: »
    There's a background in this pic?
    I did'nt get past Karen's...gloves....:)

Welcome to last month. :)

Welcome to last month. :)

I've been staring at her for a month? :D

• Advertisement

Sorry but the guts of the last year have been fairly bad for WWE DVD's in my honest opinion, save for the Flair one.

Haven’t gotten my hands on it yet, but Edge's looks decent, match line up wise anyway, worth getting?

D-FENS wrote: »
    Haven’t gotten my hands on it yet, but Edge's looks decent, match line up wise anyway, worth getting?

Yes, definitely. WWE's production team have learned to use the blur filter to a minimum since so even the attitude era stuff is watchable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I started the SNME DVD and TNA's Jarrett DVD on the flight back from Houston and I have to say from what I've seen both are excellent. The classic footage on the Jarrett DVD really helps it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is true, but it's also the same promotion that hates to showcase talent that they didn't create either. And i was really let down by the documentary of the Starrcade DVD (it wasn't long enough). So if they do a doc for this, the chances are they'll sacrifice the quality of it for some crappy match.

Sorry but the guts of the last year have been fairly bad for WWE DVD's in my honest opinion, save for the Flair one. But it depends on your stance on it too. If you like match comps, fine, but some of us like a little more insight.

Yeah I seem to remember Harlem Heat being left out of a list of ten greatest tag teams on WWE.com a little while back.

Hopefully they see sense and highlight all the great teams from AWA, WWF/E and WCW over the years.

A good commentary or documentary would make it an essential purchase.

I miss a good tag scene :(

I miss a good tag scene :(

I think i wrote a piece about tag teams back in 2005 or 2006 and posted it up on a yank forum. I wrote a few bits and bob back then. I must dig em up and repost here at some point.

There really isn't out there commercially available that interests me much at the minute. The SNME one should, but i have all of those anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I think i wrote a piece about tag teams back in 2005 or 2006 and posted it up on a yank forum. I wrote a few bits and bob back then. I must dig em up and repost here at some point.

There really isn't out there commercially available that interests me much at the minute. The SNME one should, but i have all of those anyway.

Here's my review I posted today of the SNME dvd. Fantastic stuff, I totally recommend it, even if you do have all of the shows, its a good package.

http://www.ifight365.com/2009/04/throwing-in-the-towel-dvd-review-wwe-the-best-of-saturday-night%e2%80%99s-main-event/

Since all the nostalgia talk has come up recently i assume superstars of the 90's will be a popular dvd. Due for release on tuesday in america

Is it really gonna be that popular? In fairness, most of the people from that era have been covered by individual DVDs in the last two years.

Is it really gonna be that popular? In fairness, most of the people from that era have been covered by individual DVDs in the last two years.

Good question. I guess it depends on if you have all the other dvds or not.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Good question. I guess it depends on if you have all the other dvds or not.

Either that or they were smart and didn't duplicate matches over different DVDs. I think that damn Michaels/Bret ironman is on several DVDs as is the Razor/Michaels ladder match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Either that or they were smart and didn't duplicate matches over different DVDs. I think that damn Michaels/Bret ironman is on several DVDs as is the Razor/Michaels ladder match.

I was so glad they put the Summerslam 95 rematch on the Ladder Match dvd instead, the Wrestlemania 10 one is the more obvious one to include but the rematch is better imo

krudler wrote: »
    I was so glad they put the Summerslam 95 rematch on the Ladder Match dvd instead, the Wrestlemania 10 one is the more obvious one to include but the rematch is better imo

Seconded, although Shawn does blow the ending about 3 times, and then throws a hissyfit afterwards. Took a little away from the match, but nothing enough to completely ruin the match. :)

I could be wrong as I havent watched it in ages but isnt that the match where they plug the Shawn gloves, glasses and poster? shilling things at ringside, gotta love Vinces marketing strategy

I could be wrong as I havent watched it in ages but isnt that the match where they plug the Shawn gloves, glasses and poster? shilling things at ringside, gotta love Vinces marketing strategy

You're not wrong. They were starting to lift Shawn from midcard joke to main event player using this match as a launch pad. Ring wise, he was ready, but he couldn't talk for sh*t without sounding like a whiny bitch, so they gave him another IC title crack at In Your House 2 against Jarrett. Then started building him. A few months later, we had the icon, the main event, the SHOOOOWW-STOPPA...

... you get my drift.

Ah ok, I was watching Brets dvd after reading the book and that clip was used, ironic that later in his career Bret couldnt talk without sounding like a whiny bitch either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone know an online link to watch "wrestling with shadows". I own it on video but no longer have a vcr !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

redout wrote: »
    Anyone know an online link to watch "wrestling with shadows". I own it on video but no longer have a vcr !

http://nfb.ca/film/hitman_hart_wrestling_with_shadows/
    Very good quality as well.:cool:

Wrestling with Shadows was great, watching Triple H squirm while Brets missus gives him a bollocking is one of the highlights

Wrestling with Shadows was great, watching Triple H squirm while Brets missus gives him a bollocking is one of the highlights

Squirm? More like holding in the laughter!

• Advertisement

Squirm? More like holding in the laughter!

haha yeah with all his swearing he had nothing to do with it, inside he must have been exploding trying to not shout it out that he was in on it, I'm still in two minds as to who I agree with on that whole thing, both sides were as bad as each other really

Advertisement