Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote: »
    haha yeah with all his swearing he had nothing to do with it, inside he must have been exploding trying to not shout it out that he was in on it, I'm still in two minds as to who I agree with on that whole thing, both sides were as bad as each other really

Without turning this into another Bret/Shawn ranting thread. But i think Triple H put it best in the Shawn DVD, where they talk about being made swear by Vince that they knew nothing about it.

"Shawn proabably would have liked to turn to Bret at that time and say 'y'know something, Vince didn't do it, *I* did it, I had to do the right thing, because you wouldn't'"

The only problem there was, the only reason Bret became stubborn was because of Shawn being a jackass about it too. But at the same time, that issue was between Bret and Vince at the end of the day, Shawn and HHH were the pawns in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

haha yeah with all his swearing he had nothing to do with it, inside he must have been exploding trying to not shout it out that he was in on it, I'm still in two minds as to who I agree with on that whole thing, both sides were as bad as each other really

PLEASE lets not get into this on a Holy Day!:D;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    PLEASE lets not get into this on a Holy Day!:D;)

*Watching thread like a hawk*
    If anyone wants to keep getting into this, use the search function and dig up the last Bret/Shawn thread for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wont start anything lol I've had my fill of Montreal discussions, I actually watched said match earlier, and the whole atmosphere of the WWF was so much better back then, commentators werent like robots, the fans were closer to the action, its seemed much more spontaneous, they had actual tag teams, in feuds and everything! actually there were probably too many tag teams back then, and you'd NEVER get away with what Road Dogg said during his entrance about the New Blackjacks and the Headbangers,about the "steers and queers are already in the ring!"

I wont start anything lol I've had my fill of Montreal discussions, I actually watched said match earlier, and the whole atmosphere of the WWF was so much better back then, commentators werent like robots, the fans were closer to the action, its seemed much more spontaneous, they had actual tag teams, in feuds and everything! actually there were probably too many tag teams back then, and you'd NEVER get away with what Road Dogg said during his entrance about the New Blackjacks and the Headbangers,about the "steers and queers are already in the ring!"

Horrid PPV though from what i last remember of it. The Bret/Shawn match was far from a classic compared to some of the ones they had before. Montreal was a weird show that day from start to finish.

• Advertisement

Montreal is a weird place in general apparently, sure that HBK/Bret match was mostly fought outside the ring, it didnt officially start until a good 20 minutes into the match and it only went for about another 5-8 mins after that

Montreal is a weird place in general apparently, sure that HBK/Bret match was mostly fought outside the ring, it didnt officially start until a good 20 minutes into the match and it only went for about another 5-8 mins after that

Montreal also gave Hogan his biggest ever reception in 2002 where they wouldn't shut up cheering for him for about 10 minutes.

That was the night after Mania 18? or was it when he won the title at Backlash? cant remember. Canada has always been "bizarro world" as Lawler puts it when it comes to WWE, Summerslam 2004 being a prime example, any crowd that starts a mexican wave during a dull as **** Taker/JBL match is good in my book :)

That was the night after Mania 18? or was it when he won the title at Backlash? cant remember. Canada has always been "bizarro world" as Lawler puts it when it comes to WWE, Summerslam 2004 being a prime example, any crowd that starts a mexican wave during a dull as **** Taker/JBL match is good in my book :)

After Backlash it was, RAW after Mania was when he tore the NWO shirt off.

Hell go back to Wrestlemania 6 where there's not one, but two mexican waves during the Jake/DiBiase match. Don't bother looking for it on the crappy Tagged Classics version though, it was cut out.

TNA announce new best of Kevin Nash DVD!
    Can't wait for this to hit the shelves.

nashdvd2jv.jpg
    GOTCHA! :D

Big Sexy.

Big Daddy Cool.

Even bigger injuries.

A career retrospective of the one and only Kevin Nash is the next great release from Total Nonstop Action wrestling! With exclusive commentary by Kevin Nash and a severely inebriated Scott Hall, this DVD covers all of Nash's best TNA matches and subsequent hospital stays. With a running time of 18 minutes, every longtime wrestling fan will be held breathless watching one of wrestling's greatest ring generals in his true environment, the Emergency Room.

As a special bonus, for the very first time Kevin Nash talks about his run as the wrestler "Oz" while in WCW. Big Sexy discusses how it took everything he had not to laugh in booker Dusty Rhodes' face when the gimmick was suggested and other interesting tidbits from one of wrestling's most outrageous and beloved characters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

tagteamdvd.jpg
    Complete Match List : Disc 1

- Team 3D vs. The Latin American Xchange (Lockdown 2007)
    - Team 3D vs. Rick Steiner & Animal (Slammiversary 2007)
    - Team 3D with Johnny Devine vs. Motorcity Machine Guns (Turning Point 2007)
    - Team 3D & Kurt Angle vs. Rhino, AJ Styles & Christian Cage (Victory Road 2008)
    - Team 3D, Motorcity Machine Guns, Vodoo Kin Mafia, Rock ‘n Rave Infection, The Latin American Xchange Tag Team Gauntlet Match (January 2008 iMPACT!)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt (May 2007, iMPACT!)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Team 3D (Genesis 2007)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. AJ Styles & Tomko (December 2007, iMPACT!)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Elix Skipper & Senshi (January 2008, iMPACT)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino (June 2008, iMPACT!)
    - Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Valador & Tanahashi (October 2008, iMPACT!)

Complete Match List: Disc 2

- Beer Money, Inc. vs. The Latin American Xchange (Hard Justice 2008)
    - Beer Money, Inc. vs. The Latin American Xchange (No Surrender 2008)
    - Beer Money, Inc. vs. Team 3D vs. The Latin American Xchange vs. Matt Morgan & Abyss (Bound For Glory 2008)
    - Beer Money, Inc. vs. Lethal Consequences vs. Matt Morgan & Abyss (Genesis 2009)
    - The Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3D (Against All Odds 2007)
    - The Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3D (Destination X 2007)
    - The Latin American Xchange vs. Triple X (Bound For Glory 2007)
    - The Latin American Xchange vs. Beer Money, Inc. (Victory Road 2008)
    - Lethal Consequences vs. Sonjay Dutt & Tanahashi (November 2008, iMPACT)
    - Lethal Consequences vs. Beer Money, Inc. (January 2009, iMPACT)

Not a bad DVD but nothing special, I'll probably get it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The complete details and match listing for WWE's forthcoming 3 DVD set Allied Powers: The World’s Greatest Tag Teams has been released:

Throughout the years, fans of sports entertainment have enjoyed the controlled chaos of tag-team wrestling. Many present and future Hall of Fame Superstars have been part of a popular duo, including Shawn Michaels (The Rockers), Bret “Hit Man” Hart (The Hart Foundation) and Jeff and Matt Hardy (The Hardy Boys). Some Superstars will forever be remembered for their incredible impact as a team, including The Road Warriors, The Fabulous Freebirds and The Midnight Express. Some teams were a result of the unique, temporary pairing of two singles Superstars, including The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy “Macho Man” Savage), and D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels).

Allied Powers: The World’s Greatest Tag Teams honours all the greatest duos in sports entertainment history, complete with matches from WWE, WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and Championship Wrestling from Florida. Packed with profiles of more than 20 historical tag teams and events and 25 tag-team matches, Allied Powers: The World’s Greatest Tag Teams gives fans twice the excitement, twice the action and twice the drama.

Introduction by The Miz & John Morrison

Miz & Morrison – Chemistry Between Two Individuals

British Bulldogs

British Bulldogs vs. Hart Foundation
    Madison Square Garden September 23, 1985

Steiner Brothers

Title vs. Title Match
    Steiner Brothers vs. Hiroshi Hase / Kensuke Sasaki
    Japan Supershow March 21, 1991

Miz & Morrison – Daredevils

Outstanding Aerial Achievement by a Tag Team

2 out of 3 Falls Tag Team Match
    Killer Bees vs. Demolition
    Houston, TX October 9, 1987

Hardy Boys

# 1 Contender Match
    Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boys
    King of the Ring June 27, 1999

Miz & Morrison – Chick Magnets of the ‘80s

Fabulous Freebirds

Country Whipping Tag Team Match
    Fabulous Freebirds vs. Kerry Von Erich / Kevin Von Erich
    World Class Championship Wrestling October 1983

Best Brotherly Duos

Funk Brothers vs. Brisco Brothers
    Championship Wrestling From Florida

Harlem Heat

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
    Harlem Heat vs. Steiner Brothers
    Hog Wild August 10, 1996

Midnight Express

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match
    Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
    Great American Bash July 10, 1988

Honorable Mentions

Anything Goes, Falls Count Anywhere Street Fight
    Public Enemy vs. Nasty Boys
    SuperBrawl VI February 11, 1996

Miz & Morrison – Rocking Your World

Rockers

Rockers vs. Brain Busters
    Madison Square Garden March 18, 1989

Miz & Morrison – Demolishing the Competition

Demolition

WWE World Tag Team Championship
    Strike Force vs. Demolition
    WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Worldwide Attractions

Mike Rotundo / Barry Windham vs. Iron Sheik / Nikolai Volkoff
    WrestleMania March 31, 1985

Miz & Morrison – Get the Tables!

Dudley Boyz

Championship Unification Steel Cage Tag Team Match
    Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boys
    Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Outsiders

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
    Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat
    Halloween Havoc October 27, 1996

Miz & Morrison – Power… Horses

Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
    Sting / Nikita Koloff vs. Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard
    Great American Bash July 10, 1988

Tribute to the Classics

Nick Bockwinkel / Ray Stevens vs. Red Bastien / Billy Robinson
    AWA All Star Wrestling December 1972

Miz & Morrison – The Greatest Tag Team of the 21st Century

The Miz & John Morrison

The Miz / John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio / Shawn Michaels
    RAW November 17, 2008

Hart Foundation

Rougeau Brothers vs. Hart Foundation
    Boston Garden March 7, 1987

Bonus Features

The Fabulous Freebirds – “Badstreet, USA” Music Video

Animal Advice from the British Bulldogs
    Primetime Wrestling – August 31, 1987

Gene Okerlund Visits the Hart Foundation Headquarters
    Coliseum Home Video Exclusive – 1987

Camouflage, Bushwhacker Style
    Superstars – December 10, 1988

Gene Okerlund Interviews Demolition
    Wrestling Challenge – July 7, 1990

The Legion of Doom Return to Chicago
    Superstars – April 11, 1992

The Cutting Room Floor: Los Conquistadors

The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection Break Up?
    Raw – October 4, 1999

D-Generation X and the Meaning of Controversy
    Cyber Sunday – November 5, 2006

John Morrison & The Miz – “Mizfits & Mofos” Music Video

Miz & Morrison – Reeking of the Most Awesomeness

Edge & Christian

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE World Tag Team Championship
    Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz
    SummerSlam August 27, 2000

Rock ‘N’ Roll Express

NWA World Tag Team Championship
    Rock ‘N’ Roll Express vs. Ivan Koloff / Khrusher Khruschev
    World Wide Wrestling July 9, 1985

Miz & Morrison – Oh You Didn’t Know?

New Age Outlaws

New Age Outlaws vs. Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection
    Armageddon December 12, 1999

Blockbuster Tag Teams

D-Generation X vs. Edge / Randy Orton
    Cyber Sunday November 5, 2006

Miz & Morrison – Technical Masterminds

World’s Greatest Tag Team

Los Guerreros vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team
    SmackDown! December 11, 2003

Crockett Cup

Tournament Cup Finals
    Tully Blanchard / Lex Luger vs. Nikita Koloff / Dusty Rhodes
    Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament April 11, 1987

Miz & Morrison – Ohh, What a Rush!

Road Warriors

Legion of Doom vs. Money Inc.
    SummerSlam August 29, 1992

Miz & Morrison – Saving the Best for Last

WWE1237-front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE have really not been choosing the host's of their DVD's very well. Miz and Morrison are broken up and Tazz and Foley left the company before the 90's and HIAC DVD's were released.

WWE have really not been choosing the host's of their DVD's very well. Miz and Morrison are broken up and Tazz and Foley left the company before the 90's and HIAC DVD's were released.

I usually skip the presentation bits between matches, they're usually done by guys who weren't even in the business at the time a lot of those matches happened and can't give proper insight into the feuds behind the matches.

Thats what irked me about Jim Ross and Jerry Lawlers comments on the Warrior DVD. Neither of them were even with the company for his first two months to even form a proper opinion. It just came across that they were reading stuff from a big board behind the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The line up for the WWE tag team DVD looks good but is it me or does it look like a eulogy to tag team wrestling?

EdK wrote: »
    The line up for the WWE tag team DVD looks good but is it me or does it look like a eulogy to tag team wrestling?

If that's the case, then they're about eight years too late! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Anybody see Greatest wrestling stars of the 90's yet?

Thought it was very good matchs are brilliant but the documentary part could have been longer at 90min, Wasn't too impressed with the lack of praising for Luger in comparison to the over praising of Yoko. All and all id definitely recommend it.

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Wasn't too impressed with the lack of praising for Luger in comparison to the over praising of Yoko. All and all id definitely recommend it.

Yoko was a great main event heel in 93 and 94, Luger was a lousy main event face in 93 and 94.
    What's the problem?

I liked one and not the other, IMO Luger at his worst > Yoko at his best.

Without Mr Fugi who was barley mentioned Yoko was boring and not half as charismatic at they'd like you to believe.

Too bad ratings and viewers didn't support your opinion.
    Without Mr Fugi who was barley mentioned Yoko was boring and not half as charismatic at they'd like you to believe.

He wasn't supposed to be, he was a HEEL!!!

• Advertisement

Have you seen the documentary yet?

I was just saying I was not impressed with how Luger was by far the least praised on the DVD everybody else was and it was just kinda like ah yeh luger did a bit too and he by no means the worst wrestler on it and how Yoko was far over praised. They talked about how charismatic he was on on the DVD I know he was a heel and wasn't ment to be.

Have you seen the documentary yet?

Not yet, I'm in no hurry to buy it because i have most of the matches.
    I was just saying I was not impressed with how Luger was by far the least praised on the DVD everybody else was and it was just kinda like ah yeh luger did a bit too and he by no means the worst wrestler on it and how Yoko was far over praised. They talked about how charismatic he was on on the DVD I know he was a heel and wasn't ment to be.

Fair points then.
    Unless they were talking about he charismatic he was outside of the ring (as he was supposed to be sorta the gentle giant outside of the ring who was very family orientated), but Luger burnt a lot of bridges in WWE in 1995. They're not going to be singing his praises anytime soon. Hell, even Bischoff buried him on the Monday Night War DVD, and production started on that nearly six years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭deanodrummer

Haven't seen the 90's dvd yet. Have most of the matches so I might pass on it.

Tag Team set looks pretty sweet though I'll pck that up. And the Macho Man DVD. Bout time they showed some love to Macho.

Anyone seen Best of SNME or Starrcade yet? Gonna watch them during the week or next week myself I'll post up an opinion when I do.

Originally Posted by pingu_girl

Both of them bored me to tears round that time frame tbh. And I was just a kid. Thank God for The Hitman back then.

Is Vader featured much on the DVD. I personally think WWF missed the boat with him when he came in 96. Should have been an unstoppable monster. That was eventually stopped. :)

Anyone seen Best of SNME or Starrcade yet? Gonna watch them during the week or next week myself I'll post up an opinion when I do.

Cos i have all the SNME's, i didn't bother with the former, but definitely get the latter. The documentary is a tad on the short side, but it's a damn good history lesson, especially if you want to see WCW at it's best.
    Is Vader featured much on the DVD. I personally think WWF missed the boat with him when he came in 96. Should have been an unstoppable monster. That was eventually stopped. :)

WWE didn't miss the boat with him, they had plans to strap a rocket on his ass and launch him into orbit, but he was a shell of his WCW self by the time they had signed him, he had a load of nagging injuries from previous years. He just wasn't going to be able to hack the WWE road schedule and work the way he used to.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    WWE didn't miss the boat with him, they had plans to strap a rocket on his ass and launch him into orbit, but he was a shell of his WCW self by the time they had signed him, he had a load of nagging injuries from previous years. He just wasn't going to be able to hack the WWE road schedule and work the way he used to.

Oh I see. Didn't know that thanks. He was still pretty good in WWF all the same. Liked the program he did with HBK though in summer 96. Kind of like what he did with Sting.

Nope there's no Vader Section at all also no Sid, Mr Perfect or any ECW guys RVD, Tazz etc. Only none WWE guy is Sting.

Oh I see. Didn't know that thanks. He was still pretty good in WWF all the same. Liked the program he did with HBK though in summer 96. Kind of like what he did with Sting.

Not so sure i entirely agree with that. Michaels carried a lot of guys in 96 than a lot of people credit him for, Sid, Foley, Nash and Vader being four big examples. I'd say if anyone did anyone a favour, it was Michaels doing Vader the favour.

Nope there's no Vader Section at all also no Sid, Mr Perfect or any ECW guys RVD, Tazz etc. Only none WWE guy is Sting.
    user_offline.gifreport.gif

Typical I suppose. I can understand wanting to push the WWE guys on us but some there's some glaring ommissions there considering it's about the past, and most fans know who *should* be on it. Nice to see some love for Owen though. Much mention of Bulldog?

Not so sure i entirely agree with that. Michaels carried a lot of guys in 96 than a lot of people credit him for, Sid, Foley, Nash and Vader being four big examples. I'd say if anyone did anyone a favour, it was Michaels doing Vader the favour.

I know what ya mean man. I wasn't implying that he carried Shawn or anything though. HBK was the man that got me back into wrestling big time at that stage and is prob the best wrestler of all time imho. Definitely carried those guys. Wouldn't particularly agree with Foley though, I think he was pretty consistent and entertaining in 96 and carried his fair share of their Mind Games match.

We're talking GREATEST of the 90s, so there's not gonna be room for Sid, RVD or Tazz there. I'm surprised with the omission of Hennig, but he really wasn't in any high profile main events either.
    Typical I suppose. I can understand wanting to push the WWE guys on us but some there's some glaring ommissions there considering it's about the past, and most fans know who *should* be on it. Nice to see some love for Owen though. Much mention of Bulldog?

Bulldog was horrible, let's face it. Unless he had Bret, Owen or Shawn to carry his roided ass, he was helpless standing on his feet. With the exception of one match at Wembley, his three singles runs in the 90s were not really memorable. The chances are Owen only got put in there out of guilt, especially as the 10 year anniversary of his death is coming up in about two weeks time.
    I know what ya mean man. I wasn't implying that he carried Shawn or anything though. HBK was the man that got me back into wrestling big time at that stage and is prob the best wrestler of all time imho. Definitely carried those guys. Wouldn't particularly agree with Foley though, I think he was pretty consistent and entertaining in 96 and carried his fair share of their Mind Games match.

Even Foley said it himself, Shawn gave him his best match. It wasn't a complete carry job ala Sid and Vader, but it was no technical marvel either. :)

• Advertisement

Bulldog was horrible, let's face it. Unless he had Bret, Owen or Shawn to carry his roided ass, he was helpless standing on his feet. With the exception of one match at Wembley, his three singles runs in the 90s were not really memorable. The chances are Owen only got put in there out of guilt, especially as the 10 year anniversary of his death is coming up in about two weeks time.

Even Foley said it himself, Shawn gave him his best match. It wasn't a complete carry job ala Sid and Vader, but it was no technical marvel either. :)

True that. I reckon it was Foley's best ever match though. That's a testament to Shawn's ability. I remember reading Foley was in the best shape he had ever been so he could hang with the champ so kudos to him for delivering.

As for Bulldog, I know what you mean. He was an important part of the 90s though, tagging with Owen, being carried by Bret & Shawn etc.. so thought he might have been mentioned. As for Owen, he was equally or more important in the 90s. His program with Bret is memorable for even the casual fan. There might be a slight bit of guilt involved in his inclusion, and I won't complain about that, but there can't be any doubt that he was a consistent perfomer and generally entertaining during his run.

BTW, no Waylon Mercy love on the disc!! For shame. Know what I mean? :p

Advertisement