Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There's new interviews on most of the new wrestler DVD's though isn't there?So they're not quite carbon copys of previous releases,but yeah, I don't know why you'd buy two or three boxsets of the same wrestler just for a few minutes of a new interview.

I only ever buy wrestling DVD's when they're discounted,like the Wednesday deals that Silver Vision do,last wresling DVD that I paid full whack for was Wresling Road Diaries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Instead of it being the Best of this is the Essential collection or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Best PPV Matches of 2009-2010 is £4.99 on dvd (3 discs) and £6.99 on Bluray (2 discs) for today only.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Wild-Wednesday/page1.html

With all credit to Meltzer's Montreal timeline and Bret's book as an oral history their Greatest Rivalaries DVD which erm previewed is ridiculously compelling like a 30 for 30 ESPN documentary. Nevermind the interplay between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

rovert wrote: »

what website is this? Your link is just a picture! Cheers

Silvervision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'll be having some of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

rovert wrote: »
    With all credit to Meltzer's Montreal timeline and Bret's book as an oral history their Greatest Rivalaries DVD which erm previewed is ridiculously compelling like a 30 for 30 ESPN documentary. Nevermind the interplay between the two.

It was pretty amazing alright. If you were a fan when all that was going down, it's a must see. Not sure how the other 'rivalry' DVD's will match up to that one. Can't see myself sitting through John Cena and Randy Orton shifting each other for two hours.

It was pretty amazing alright. If you were a fan when all that was going down, it's a must see. Not sure how the other 'rivalry' DVD's will match up to that one. Can't see myself sitting through John Cena and Randy Orton shifting each other for two hours.

No two people in wrestling have that same dynamic quite simply.

Vince and Bischoff would have been fun but both have awful memories.

• Advertisement

Just checked, still at old prices.

Edit, gone live now. First WWE blu-ray purchase.. Are they 1080p or 720p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

blurays are always 1080p! the only things that are 720p are the "HD ready" TVs and generally bluray rips on the internet (and if you download from itunes)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    blurays are always 1080p! the only things that are 720p are the "HD ready" TVs and generally bluray rips on the internet (and if you download from itunes)
    That's the job, should look the part on my 42"!

watching the last few manias on blu-ray is something else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just picked up Survivor Series '09 Steelbook for €7 in Golden Discs Dun Loghaire. Still about a dozen left for anyone who's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just picked up Survivor Series '09 Steelbook for €7 in Golden Discs Dun Loghaire. Still about a dozen left for anyone who's interested.

Have Golden Discs any other wwe dvds on sale??

a few, but mainly single PPVs, all the compilation ones seem to be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not sure who would want this, but the Hardy Boys: Ultimate Collection is only 6.50 delivered from play.com:
    This 4 disc collector's box-set running at over 10 hours includes From The Backyard To The BigTime; Unwrapping The Enigma; Behind The Controversies; and Omega: Uncommon Passion.

From the Backyard to the Bigtime: Filmed right after Matt Hardy was fired from the WWE (and not anticipating the overwhelming fan-support that lead to his rehiring) this is the complete and uncensored story of Jeff and Matt Hardy's meteoric rise to fame that took them -quite literally - from the backyard to the big-time!

Jeff Hardy - Unwrapping The Enigma: A post-WWF Jeff Hardy goes into detail on why he walked away from pro wrestling and returned to TNA; gives his reaction to the accusation that drugs were a major influence in his career path; and also finds time to list his favourite WWF matches! Unwrap the Enigma and find out what makes Jeff Hardy tick: from his childhood to his current passions!

Matt Hardy - Behind The Controversies: This in-depth exploration of the controversies that have surrounded Matt Hardy finds him at his most candid. Discover previously unrevealed details on the scandal that saw Matt fired and then rehired by the WWE; learn of his efforts to come out from under the shadow of his brother Jeff; his work with both Smackdown and RAW; and the challenges of working with The Undertaker; plus much, much more...

Omega: Uncommon Passion: In 1997 a group of young men in the Carolinas set out to establish a promotion that would be 'the next big step' in the evolution of professional wrestling. No independent wrestling company in history has created so many stars!
    This is the story of their blood, sweat and tears, and how these now house-hold names eventually realized their dreams and made it to the big-time showcase of the WWE. This is the story of OMEGA.
    Featuring Matt and Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, Shane Helms, Joey 'Mercury' Matthews, Christian York, Steve Corino, Champ Pain, Jason Ahrndt, Otto Schwanz, and more!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6134436/-/Product.html?cur=258&P36=VLFUQS&affid=hotukdeals&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516|prd:hotukdeals

Is there offers every Wednesday on Silver Vision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is there offers every Wednesday on Silver Vision?

Yep sign up to their facebook or twitter page and they announce it on monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This weeks deals:
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=686&filename=kvsfd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just saw the Greatest Rivalries Shawn v Bret DVD. Probably one of the best DVD's they've done in a while. It's a sit-down interview with Bret and HBK at the same time. Very well done.

This weeks Wild Wednesday deals
    ny2araj:tw1

Great price for the brilliant Steamboat DVD.

EDIT: also just remembered that triple threat match at Vengeance was a great match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is this worth getting. http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/WrestleMania-XV-Hell-Yeah-DVD-2-Discs.html

Moving house and getting rid of alot of my vids.

nah, generally home video from the WWF era weren't great. nothing u haven't seen a thousand times before imo. and WMXV was horrible!

nah, generally home video from the WWF era weren't great. nothing u haven't seen a thousand times before imo. and WMXV was horrible!

I would like too replace some of my vids. Got a few stone cold vids I would like on dvd. I really like the summerslam with jesse in it. Its the hardcore match it like. Bigboss man I loved in it.

pretty costly. consider keeping an eye out on adverts/ebay etc for people with their collections to sell, would be much cheaper than buying them singularly from silvervision mate.

or you could always get a hard drive and a filesonic account. hiyooooo.

pretty costly. consider keeping an eye out on adverts/ebay etc for people with their collections to sell, would be much cheaper than buying them singularly from silvervision mate.

or you could always get a hard drive and a filesonic account. hiyooooo.

whats a file sonic

pirate63.gif

• Advertisement

had to buy it (£10.99)

10540333-1315410102-969028.jpg

Advertisement