Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

Watched a documentary on netflix (America) tonight called "Card subject to change" about independent wrestling.

I enjoyed it and would recommend it if you have netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Watched a documentary on netflix (America) tonight called "Card subject to change" about independent wrestling.

I enjoyed it and would recommend it if you have netflix.

Yeah saw that a while back. Really sad to see the deterioration of Trent Acid throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Ordered Bret's DVD off Silvervision last night for £7.99. Macho Man's is on sale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Ric Flair and The Four Hoursemen is €6 in GoldenDiscs. Might be something for the younger generation if they dont know why they're being inducted, or something to refresh us older minds ahead of the induction.

WWERickFlairFourHorsemenDVD.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Time to rename the outdated thread title. :P

Chikara is now offering digital downloads of shows:
    http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/mp4-digital-media-video/

If you ever act on anything I will say. Download all three nights of King of Trios from last year.

• Advertisement

Most of the DVDs I discussed on here were digital downloads anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

HA HA HA HA yoho fiddle-dee a pirates' life for me

Ah those Halcyon pre-SOPA days :(

On the latest episode of the Art of Wrestling CM Punk finally confirmed the news we hinted at last year: he's getting the three-disc DVD set treatment.

According to Punk himself, he's in charge of the project from top to bottom. All the way from the biggest stuff like deciding who will be interviewed for the documentary portion to what matches will be included and even down to the small, inconsequential details like what music is used. He said he hated the music the WWE offered up -- something crappy "like Switchfoot" as he put it -- so the whole thing will definitely have a definitive Punk feel to it.

Naylor, Bix and Prazak are on the wishlist of talking heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

10071149-1300883696-25000.jpg

Only £1.99 + shipping (which I think is £2.98 to Ireland, £1.99 in UK)

Batistas is only £2.99 as well. Feckers charge P&P per item though.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/wwe-hulk-hogan-s-unreleased-collectors-series/10071149.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

watched Wrestling in the Shadows last night on Netflix which was basiclly about Brets screwing in Montreal really liked it but as a Bret fan i found it kind of sad that he wouldn't drop the belt to Shawn that night I mean sure it was in his country but people have left in fare worse ways ask Lita lol

watched Wrestling in the Shadows last night on Netflix which was basiclly about Brets screwing in Montreal really liked it but as a Bret fan i found it kind of sad that he wouldn't drop the belt to Shawn that night I mean sure it was in his country but people have left in fare worse ways ask Lita lol

*breaths*

BRET.

WAS.

STILL.

UNDER.

CONTRACT.

FOR.

ANOTHER.

MONTH.

FOR.

****'S.

SAKE.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Was is golden discs yesterday they have some good deals not as cheap as last year.but still under 15 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Was is golden discs yesterday they have some good deals not as cheap as last year.but still under 15 euro.

What had they? Any specials or box sets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

They had best cage matches and best tag teams the rest were ppvs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Netflix usa is great to view wresting DVDs

one that was mentioned earlier on that I also watched and thought was great was " card subject to change " shame about Trent Acid I did not even know he had passed away.

Also watched a documentary on the Hart family which was very good cant think of the name of it right now but worth watch if you have Netflix USA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

campo wrote: »
    Netflix usa is great to view wresting DVDs

one that was mentioned earlier on that I also watched and thought was great was " card subject to change " shame about Trent Acid I did not even know he had passed away.

Also watched a documentary on the Hart family which was very good cant think of the name of it right now but worth watch if you have Netflix USA

Hart and soul?

Yeah that "card subject to change" documentary is great.

Do yourself a favour if you have the American netflix though and don't watch a documentary called "The backyard" about backyard wrestling. Its absolutely terrible. I should have turned it off after the first few minutes.

Do yourself a favour if you have the American netflix though and don't watch a documentary called "The backyard" about backyard wrestling. Its absolutely terrible. I should have turned it off after the first few minutes.

See should not have said that now cause the 1st thing I am going to do tonight is watch it now just to see how bad it is

campo wrote: »
    See should not have said that now cause the 1st thing I am going to do tonight is watch it now just to see how bad it is

Me too.
    Dammit cactus, got me interested now. Watch some of that while NXT is on tonight.

• Advertisement

Lads honestly its worst than you can imagine.

Featuring a loving mother that films one of her sons power bombing another son on to a board of fire.

Also includes RVD saying that he is "pro backyard wrestling" :rolleyes:

I use the term documentary loosely because its mostly just clips and interviews with the backyard wrestlers.

Backyard isnt THAT bad. If you are hard up for something to watch it is fine. Very much of product of its time which obnxious nu-metal background music. Everyone needs to be aware of The Lizard. The English lads are something else too.

The Backyard is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

The Lizard backyarding as late as July 2010

All the McDonalds he ate caught up with him. :)

New Rock dvd is coming out, heres the first trailer:

I should be excited for this but i have a feeling its just going to be a feature length viewing of the promo videos we have been seeing the last few weeks.

Watched tis and Cactus you were completely right it was trully awfull some of those backyarders have serious mental issues

Recently watched " Breaking the code " Chris Jericho story got to say this guy was always my favorite wrestler but after watching this he only went up in my estimation

also watched the triumph and tragedy of WCCW - This was a tough watch as the Von Erichs have been through so many tragedies and Fritz always seemed more interested in having one of his kids be a world champion then he did in there personal life

427389_371091926247761_122668104423479_1324619_511124212_n.jpg

Controversial, out-spoken, brash…those are just three words that describe the man known worldwide as CM Punk, and during his tenure in Ring of Honor, he more than lived up to those labels. He also established himself as one of the finest professional wrestlers in the world today with historic bouts against the likes of Samoa Joe, Homicide, Bryan Danielson, & Christopher Daniels, and will forever be considered a legend in ROH. But for three months in the summer of 2005, Punk shocked Ring of Honor fans & officials alike and it all began one night in June when ROH gathered to bid farewell to one of their own as Punk challenged for the ROH World Title one final time. What happened that evening kicked off three months of chaos as Punk took the World Title hostage and left ROH scrambling to find the man he would dethrone him. Be it Roderick Strong, Samoa Joe, or Christopher Daniels, they each faced off with Punk in hopes of reclaiming the title for Ring of Honor. They were three of the most exciting, unpredictable, chaotic months in ROH’s history, and they have since come to be known as “The Summer of Punk”…

CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (ROH World Title Match)...Death Before Dishonor III 6/18/052.
    CM Punk vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)...Sign of Dishonor 7/8/053.
    CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...Escape From New York 7/9/054.
    CM Punk vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Fate of an Angel II 7/16/05
    CM Punk vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Match)...The Homecoming 7/23/059.
    CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Elimination Match)...Redemption 8/12/0510.
    CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2 Out Of 3 Falls Match)...Punk: The Final Chapter 8/15/05

* This classic releases also includes moments that solidified "The Summer of Punk" in the annals of ROH history including Punk's notorious contract signing, his confrontation with Mick Foley, and more!!!

This Instant Classic of a DVD goes on sale this morning at 10am EST atROHWrestling.com/Shop

^ The angle done right :P

I've already put together a nice little home made version of that. Still though, I'll more than likely pick it up.

I've already put together a nice little home made version of that. Still though, I'll more than likely pick it up.

Your version likely has copyright music and this probably doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope they include lots of promos, that'd be more of a draw than watching a collection of matches; to see how ROH do a big storyline. Definitely keep an eye out for reviews.

Advertisement