Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    I'd buy this for the promos alone. Some of it is the Rock at his finest.

You mean like the "We will rock you" moment in Cleveland?

"Some" is a spot on assessment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

just bought M-Dogg Matt Cross's Championship Series DVD. some really great matches on there and a must-have if you're a fan
    app_full_proxy.php?app=4949752878&v=1&size=o&cksum=6a6c87995ee7acb16d1f002d2a5b35ea&src=http%3A%2F%2Fi27.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc196%2FTedisDead%2FMDogg20DVDMySpace2-1-1.jpg

and i was also given Shimmer Volume 40 as a present. call me sexist but i wasn't expecting much. turned out to be one of the best all round wrestling shows i've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Have been watching Survivor Series 2009 over the last couple of days. It's great to see Sheamus as a heel in the match where he teams with Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz & Drew McIntyre. But I can't understand Fit Finlay as a face on the opposing team at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

and i was also given Shimmer Volume 40 as a present. call me sexist but i wasn't expecting much. turned out to be one of the best all round wrestling shows i've ever seen

Loved The Knight Dynasty w/Rebecca Knox.

Shimmer is one of most watchable feds around fun matches and commentary.

the match with 3S against Daizee Haze and Tomoka Nakagawa was nothing short of amazing. i'd honestly rate it 10/10
    Athena was another one who was really impressive in a match with Jessica James (who could be AJ's long lost sister), especially with that diving stunner. Mercedes Martinez put on a really great match with the really green Christina Von Eerie

i ended up ordering two more DVDs. there's actually a grudge match between the Knight Dynasty on Vol. 44 i think. there is nothing stranger than watching a mother/daughter grudge match imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Watched the streak... probably best avoided, about 1 min talking about each match then the matches themselves are ruined by having an annoying border around them (not fullscreen) and the headwrecking digitization of WWF.

the match with 3S against Daizee Haze and Tomoka Nakagawa was nothing short of amazing. i'd honestly rate it 10/10
    Athena was another one who was really impressive in a match with Jessica James (who could be AJ's long lost sister), especially with that diving stunner. Mercedes Martinez put on a really great match with the really green Christina Von Eerie

i ended up ordering two more DVDs. there's actually a grudge match between the Knight Dynasty on Vol. 44 i think. there is nothing stranger than watching a mother/daughter grudge match imo

Watched 40 -43 in the last week or so. Serena Deeb was amazing that weekend. Sadly she is badly hurt on 44.

Yeah Athena has great heel charisma.

Shimmer gets a bad rap due to the creepy fans and strange afterparties but you cant fault how fun the shows are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE issued a survey to fans today gauging their interest in future WWE DVD and Blu-Ray releases with the potential titles and topics being:
    *Best of WCW Great American Bash

*Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2

*Best of WCW War Games

*Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set

*ECW Unreleased Volume 2

*Money in the Bank Anthology

*Mick Foley documentary

*The History of the WWE documentary

*Triple H documentary.

*The Best Matches of World Class Championship Wrestling

*The Best of WWE In Your House

*Goldberg

*Bret Hart's Best Unreleased Matches

*The Top 25 Rivalries in History

*The Top 20 Divas in History

*The Best of the Giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Is volume 1 of best of Nitro good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Just cast your mind back to Nitro and answer that question yourself. Most of it is on You Tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looks like it could be a great watch. Lol'd at the Khali remark.

Also, I noticed today that IWW have a few dvds on rfvideo, do they sell them at shows at all?

Currently making my way through the 2011 Chris Hero interview and it's fantastic so far. Great to see a shoot where there is decent sound and it's not conducted in a dodgy motel room.

rovert wrote: »
    Watched 40 -43 in the last week or so. Serena Deeb was amazing that weekend. Sadly she is badly hurt on 44.

Yeah Athena has great heel charisma.

Shimmer gets a bad rap due to the creepy fans and strange afterparties but you cant fault how fun the shows are.

she has charisma but doesn't seem to understand how being a heel works. fans don't tend to boo people that do all those handsprings and flashy stuff no matter how many mean faces they make. i was relieved when they turned her face to work with Martinez, a much better fit

i didn't know Serena got her concussion at a Shimmer taping. wow

anyone ever try WSU? It's a New Jersey women's promotion that's trying to be ECW. emphasis on the word "trying". their commissioner is one of the most repulsive human beings on the planet. and yet i can't seem to stop buying their DVDs

anyone ever try WSU? It's a New Jersey women's promotion that's trying to be ECW. emphasis on the word "trying". their commissioner is one of the most repulsive human beings on the planet. and yet i can't seem to stop buying their DVDs

Has new owners now.

Bit weird having misogynistic all woman's promotion - think the worst TNA knockouts bitch whore bitch segments.

Tried it but the commentary and presentation is instant slice your ears off bad.

did you see their Uncensored Rumble show this year? they had talent from another promotion and the commentator kept getting the name wrong. there was a worker who did the whole loser leaves town stick and came back under a mask and he goofed and referred to her by her real name. and there was one camera at ringside that was out of focus the whole night. i get that a small indie company doing iPPVs ain't going to be perfect but still...

funny thing is the wrestling is fine. Leva Bates and LuFisto had an excellent match and all the others were solid enough. and their set looks good too. they just need to clean up their presentation and gag Amy Lee while putting her on a crash diet, stat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE1367-front.jpg
    The night after WrestleMania XXVIII, Brock Lesnar made a shocking return to the ring and leveled John Cena with an F-5, sending a message that after eight years, the pain is back! In 2002 and 2003, The Next Big Thing brought it to the biggest and baddest competition in WWE, becoming the youngest WWE Champion of all time and a household name virtually overnight. His awe-inspiring physique, amateur championship pedigree and affinity for punishing opponents made him an unstoppable force in the ring. Now, after years of dominating the MMA scene, Brock is back and looking to steamroll the biggest Superstars of today. This rerelease of the 2003 DVD, Here Comes the Pain, includes the original documentary that chronicles Brock's meteoric rise to fame, as well as six hours of additional matches not included on the original DVD! Plus, hear Brock's controversial comments upon his return to sport entertainment! . Fans can experience classic matches against Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and many more!

Growing Up

Debut: Destruction

King Brock

Brock vs. Rock

Battling the Dead Man

Surviving the Big Show

Wrestling Machines

Backlash

Stretcher Match

Brock Lesnar makes his WWE Debut
    18th March, 2002

“The Next Big Thing” takes on the Hardy Boyz
    8th April, 2002

Brock Lesnar returns to WWE
    2nd April, 2012

Coming Back

Brock Lesnar vs. Leviathan
    Ohio Valley Wrestling 28th September, 2001

The Journey

OVW Southern Tag Team Championship Match
    Rico Constantino & Prototype vs. The Minnesota Stretching Crew
    Ohio Valley Wrestling 10th November, 2001

Superstar?

Jeff Hardy vs. Brock Lesnar
    Backlash 21st April, 2002

Wrecking Machine

King of the Ring Finals
    Rob Van Dam vs. Brock Lesnar
    King of the Ring 23rd June, 2002

Who I Am

Rob Van Dam & ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair vs. Undertaker & Brock Lesnar
    Raw 15th July, 2002

Hard Work

#1 Contender Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
    Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Brock Lesnar
    SmackDown 8th August , 2002

Opportunities

WWE Undisputed Championship Match
    The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
    SummerSlam 25th August, 2002

Carrying Myself

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
    SmackDown 5th September, 2002

Focus

WWE Undisputed Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
    Unforgiven 22nd September, 2002

New Challenges

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
    Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
    No Mercy 20th October, 2002

No Friends

Royal Rumble Match
    Royal Rumble 19th January, 2003

Happiness

Brock Lesnar vs. Team Angle
    SmackDown 27th February, 2003

No Pain

WWE Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle
    WrestleMania XIX 30th March, 2003

Fight for It!

WWE Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
    Backlash 27th April, 2003

Being the Best

60-Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship
    Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
    SmackDown 18th September, 2003

Fine-Tuned

Rey Mysterio vs. Brock Lesnar
    SmackDown 11th December, 2003

Chaos

WWE Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show
    SmackDown 12th June, 2003

Reckless Abandonment

Interpromotional Match
    Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
    WrestleMania XX 14th March, 2004

Pride

Blu-ray Exclusive Content

Current Goals

Brock Lesnar vs. ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair
    Raw 1st July, 2002

No Fear

No Disqualification Triple Threat Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
    The Rock vs. Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
    Global Warning 10th August, 2002

My World

Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle & Mr. America vs. Big Show, Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin
    SmackDown 26th June, 2003

Strictly Business

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show
    Vengeance 27th July, 2003

Next Chapter

Extreme Rules Match

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar
    Extreme Rules 29th April, 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

A bit of a rushed, lazy release by the looks of it. A new documentary would have been excellent, and I'm sure WWE could have secured some footage from Zuffa considering WWE licensed them some footage of Brock to hype his debut. WWE documentaries in 2002 are in a different, much lower class to what is produced today - so in a word the main feature will seem dated no matter what. Good to have a host of Lesnar matches in one place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

steendescentdvdfinal.jpg
    At some point in their lives every man reaches a breaking point, a moment where he chooses to either persevere through his difficulties or give in and let his problems consume him. On December 19, 2009 at "Final Battle 2009" Kevin Steen faced that moment. With several choice words and the brutal crack of a steel chair, Kevin made his decision and a slow descent into madness that would grow to effect all of Ring of Honor began...

From the closing night of Steen & Generico's ROH World Tag Title reign through the war at "Final Battle 2010" that brought this madman's time in ROH to a temporary end, this 2-DVD set is a chronicle of the matches & the moments that saw Steen spiral out of control. From his tag team battles against The American Wolves & The Young Bucks with El Generico to his Steve Corino-influenced violent turn, this compilation includes Steen's bouts against his former partner, bloody battles against Colt Cabana, his ROH World Championship battle against Tyler Black, and more! From the violence of his matches to the often psychotic words spewing from his mouth, this is Kevin Steen's descent into madness...

Disc 1

1. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The American Wolves (Tables Match)…ROH on HDNet #11

2. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Contention 6/12/19

3. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Final Battle 2009 12/19/09

4. Steen/Cabana face to face after Final Battle– Video Wire 12/23/09

5. Steen/Cabana Promos – Video Wire 2/9/10

6. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana… 8th Anniversary Show 2/13/10

7. Kevin Steen vs. Kenny Omega…From The Ashes 3/26/10

8. Post match of Cabana/Generico vs. American Wolves...Phoenix Rising 3/27/10

9. Steen/Corino and Cabana/Generico Promos – Video Wire 3/30/10

10. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico…The Big Bang 4/3/10

11. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (COME-AS-YOU-ARE STREET FIGHT)… Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2 4/24/10

12. Steen’s Bloody Challenge Video – 4/26/10

13. Cabana answers the challenge- ROH Video Wire 4/28/10

14. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana (34th Street Last Man Standing Deathmatch)… Supercard of Honor V 5/8/10

Disc 2

15. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Death Before Dishonor VIII 6/19/10

16. Steen-Generico altercation at intermission at Death Before Dishonor

17. Steen jumps Tyler Black…ROH on HDNet #65 7/12/10

18. Steen & Tyler promos- ROH Video Wire 7/20/10

19. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Hate: Chapter II 7/23/10

20. Kevin Steen vs. Tyler Black (ROH World Title Match)…Salvation 7/24/10

21. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. El Generico & Colt Cabana (Street Fight)…ROH on HDNet #67

22. Steen/Corino Promo setting up GBH IX & Generico/Stevens post-match…ROH on HDNet #70

23. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (Tag Team Chain Match)… Glory By Honor IX 9/11/10

24. Clips of Steen’s involvement in Colt Cabana & El Generico vs. Kenny King & Rhett Titus … Fate Of An Angel II 11/13/10

25. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. The Kings of Wrestling (World Tag Team Title Match)…Fate of an Angel II

26. Kevin Steen vs. Grizzly Redwood…ROH on HDNet #82

27. In ring promo with Kevin Steen…ROH on HDNet #85

28. Final Battle 2010 hype video

29. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (Unsanctioned Fight Without Honor/ROH Career vs. Mask Match)…Final Battle 2010 12/18/10

Great release. I've been looking out for it for months.

Good to see all the promos included as well, they really added a lot to the feud at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I was in HMV today to see if they had any WWE Blu-ray's. The prices were OUTRAGEOUS! €45.00 for a Blu-ray set that costs €30.00 on the silvervision website.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

The Silvervision website is really good whenever i get any i order them off there rather than HMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised Brock's DVD doesn't have his Summerslam '03 match with Angle. I thought that was one of the best matches those two ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well we ever get a big boss man dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cena wrote: »
    Well we ever get a big boss man dvd.
    Al Snow and Pepe feud CHECK
    Big Shows da's funeral CHECK
    Interupting the 10 bell rings for Show's dad CHECK
    €15.99 price....add to basket and go to CHECKOUT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

WWE1367-front.jpg

Can't believe it dosn't have his best match VS Zach Gowen! At one point he beats him with his own leg.... Amazing!

I managed to get some fancam footage of WCW's event at the Point in 1993, quality is surprisingly good, must give it a watch later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I managed to get some fancam footage of WCW's event at the Point in 1993, quality is surprisingly good, must give it a watch later.

Stick it on youtube! :)

CMpunked wrote: »
    Stick it on youtube! :)

My 2mb connection would die at the thought unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

GTR63 wrote: »
    Al Snow and Pepe feud CHECK
    Big Shows da's funeral CHECK
    Interupting the 10 bell rings for Show's dad CHECK
    €15.99 price....add to basket and go to CHECKOUT.

If we did, it would be the lowest down the roster DVD release the WWE ever put out, and it could open the doors to the likes of a Mr Kennedy DVD one day. Just because the WWE put a **** load of merch out for a guy 20 years ago, doesn't mean a DVD would sell very well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TralalaJr

I'd like to get some of CM Punk's stuff from ROH. Is the ROH website the only place to get DVDs or can they be got elsewhere? A quick search on Amazon and Ebay isn't showing anything. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

I got a Punk dvd off amazon (i think it was amazon) the best of cm punk and its ROH stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was in HMV today to see if they had any WWE Blu-ray's. The prices were OUTRAGEOUS! €45.00 for a Blu-ray set that costs €30.00 on the silvervision website.

Silvervision are the distributors of WWE DVDs in Europe, meaning HMV (and indeed other stores) buy them from Silvervision. The shops want a profit to make it worth their while, so mark them up 50%. Standard practice really. Just that we aren't used to a distributor like Silvervision making their product so easily available to the target audience...

Advertisement