Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Silvervision is saying Punks dvd/bluray is in stock. Hopefully it will come in the next day or 2!

Didn't realise it was out over here yet. This post just made me place my order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Didn't realise it was out over here yet. This post just made me place my order :D

Tis not officialy out until the end of October but Silvervision ship their dvds as soon as they receive them, something that will be sorely missed if the new company dont follow suit.

Got an email there saying mine was despatched today, guarantee it will come tomorrow when Im working late and will have to wait to Friday evening to sit down and watch it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just ordered the Punk Blu Ray there, haven't been this excited for a wrestling doc. in a long time!

OMG, it's shipped :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

#Pray4FridaysPost

• Advertisement

How quick do you lads usually get your stuff from silvervision?

Mine usually take a week after dispatch to arrive and sometimes it says its come from France :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's hit the usual spots if you can't wait. I'll give it a look later on. Can't wait to see what IWA stuff they used.

Got mine today :D Will watch it tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Tinie wrote: »
    Amazon marketplace is MUCH cheaper for wwe dvds.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Us Waterford dwellers have to stick together sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mod Note : Guys, just talk about the DVD, don't skirt around chatting about piracy.

• Advertisement

Just finished up the CM Punk documentary there and thought it was really well done. It was pretty surreal seeing ROH and IWA-MS footage on a WWE DVD but it was great that they did it. Really hope Daniel Bryan gets the same treatment should he get a documentary of his own.

Anyone into the HC/Punk/Straight Edge scene will probably get even more enjoyment out of it as it features some good music and interviews with Lars from Rancid. Turns out Punk had the same spiked, bleached hair that I had back in the day too :p

I hadn't heard the story about Joey Mercury before and it showed him to be a really decent guy.

Pretty funny how they neglected to mention the entire New Nexus angle too!

Overall I thought it was excellent, really candid and you got a very good sense of him as a person and what drives him.

The only downside of the whole thing will be if that scumbag Ian Rotten made some money out of the IWA-MS footage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Thought it was excellent,was cool to hear the likes of HHH and Hayes talk so candidly about Punk,as well as some of the story's that Punk has never told before about his family's.

Was mad seeing Cabana being featured so heavily on a WWE DVD and he's not even under contract.

Pity Vince or Steph weren't interviewed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was thinking about signing up to Silvervision to buy the Lesnar and Punk dvds for my brother for Christmas. They cost €48 to buy to together How much would it cost me in the end in terms of Postage over here?

Sorry in advance I know these questions are annoying I just wanted to get my shopping started early.

Silvervison is free postage to Ireland.

If you wait a few weeks they'll drop the price of both DVD's you're after I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Silvervison is free postage to Ireland.

If you wait a few weeks they'll drop the price of both DVD's you're after I'd say.

How long have you to wait for the dvds to ship?

Ordered the Punk DVD on Wednesday afternoon and got an e-mail at lunchtime today saying it's been dispatched.

I've never waited more then 3 working days for an order from Silvervison,great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Watched first 3/4's of the Punk DVD last night, up to part where things with the SES fizzle out. Great DVD thus far!!!!

How honest is it?

Ended up watching a bit last night. Best quote so far, in the iwa days "I thought I was good, like really good. Then I got in the ring with Eddie Guerrero. Man was I bad" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's brutally honest. Never knew he was practically adopted by another family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TralalaJr

The only downside of the whole thing will be if that scumbag Ian Rotten made some money out of the IWA-MS footage!

Why is he a scumbag? I don't see anything on his wikipedia page...

TralalaJr wrote: »
    Why is he a scumbag? I don't see anything on his wikipedia page...

Where do I start...

Well there's the Mike Levy incident for one, which I'm sure most people have seen by now where Ian, his son and a few others beat the absolute crap out of a worker for no selling Mickie Knuckles in a match. There has also been claims that it was due to leaving a mark on her face and she had a TNA taping soon afterwards. Probably not the best idea to book her in a deathmatch tournament then.

He's run benefit shows for people and pocketed the money himself. He owes tonnes of money to pretty much most guys in the indies.

He also allegedly paid known addicts with pills, including JC Bailey whom he got to work 4 deathmatches in 2 days for some pills. JC died not too long afterwards from a brain aneurysm.

I believe there was also a young guy who remortgaged his house to fund a show, Ian never paid him back a cent and the guy lost his house.

He had the balls to turn up at JC's funeral, where he was thrown out and then asked the family for gas money so he could drive home. I'm not sure how he survived that day to be honest.

He's also allegedly beaten Mickie Knuckles and is known to take liberties with young guys in the ring.

That's pretty much only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ian, but there's a great radio show where everyone calls in and rips him to shreds on air; including all of his former friends including Mickie.

IWA-MS is effectively gone now and Ian is working at a Taco Bell. I'd love to know how much he got for the footage on the documentary.

I hope that answers your question.

No one owns the IWA-MS library. Don't ask me why but that is how it was explained to me. CM Punk even laughed at the idea of someone owning it. Legally it is a mess.

Is it a situation where it was videoed by friends with cameras and never really planned out?

Is it a situation where it was videoed by friends with cameras and never really planned out?

I think Smart Mark Video filmed the majority of their stuff and they seem to be releasing some of the older footage as mp4's on their site in bits and pieces.

Highspots though seem to have lots of compilation DVDs too that SMV don't have so I'm not sure if they have a hand in owning the rights too. As rovert said, it's a messy situation legally I'd imagine.

I'd imagine that when these guys are putting on these shows they probably don't ever imagine people wanting to own copies of them on DVD, initially. For sure, I know that a lot of stuff I've done in music probably doesn't belong to me, technically, but I wrote the stuff.

Has anyone's CM Punk Blu Ray arrived yet in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

rovert wrote: »
    Has anyone's CM Punk Blu Ray arrived yet in Ireland?

Was just about to ask the same question, no sign of mine yet. Ordered it Thursday night

Got mine yesterday morning,ordered it last Wednesday.Slower then usual service from SV,must be busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

^ I had the same delivery time.

6 days, pretty good IMO. I've just moved to Dublin from Cork and it usually took 7 days (never any less) to delivery to Cork. What's peoples delivery time usually to Dublin from SV?

Advertisement