Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I "acquired" the documentary part of the Punk DVD. It's a great watch. Loved the footage of his early stuff. Fair play to Punk for what he did for Joey Mercury too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

...Has it arrived for anyone else that ordered from Thursday last week? Still nothing and it normally doesn't take so long for Silvervision to get here

...Has it arrived for anyone else that ordered from Thursday last week? Still nothing and it normally doesn't take so long for Silvervision to get here

I ordered mine last Thursday as well and no sign of it.

Usually takes a week for things to get delivered to me from silvervision from dispatch so I would expect it tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Likewise. Fingers crossed for Friday. I will be really sad if I don't get it for the weekend.

Mine didn't come :(

• Advertisement

Same as, nothing today. Normally a week waiting doesn't bother me but I have never waited more than 4 days for something from Silvervision, even at Christmas

Got the Punk Blu Ray in the post this morning. Hope everyone else gets there's today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

got i fri after ordering the thursday before. watched the punk documentary and all the special features (saving the matches for another day) but it may be the best disc the wwe have ever released. The special features make up documentaries on their own, brilliant brilliant stuff. Every wrestling fan should own this and the bluray is worth the extra for the features on that, wrestlemania day especially. Truly truly the best in the world. my dad sat and watched larged sections of it and was genuinely interested in punk the person which is the first time thats happened with a wrestling doc i watched back home as he is usually quite dismissive of 'rasslin' in general

Mine also just landed, same as Rovert I hope everyone else who had the delay got theirs this morning. Here's is hoping it was worth the wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Just got mine today...now all I need is a blu-ray player :D

• Advertisement

Got mine as well. Enjoy it lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The documentary is great. I watched it when it was posted in the video thread on here. Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Am i the only one who thought the punk doc was just ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I thought it was a bit boring personally.

I just said it was brilliant because I wanted everyone on here to think I was cool. He's a dick!

I just said it was brilliant because I wanted everyone on here to think I was cool. He's a dick!

:confused:

I thought it was alright. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Enjoyed the extras. The story about him fracturing his skull and The December to dismember stuff being the highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm a HUGE CM Punk mark so that probably had something to do with it :rolleyes:
    I loved how candid it was. How open he, his friends and colleagues were as well!

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Tinie wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit boring personally.

Yeah i didnt really feel i learn anything new from it. He had a good run with roh, a decent run with heyman behind him in ecw and then he.. what?
    It seems to lose its steam or something after that. Its like they put a ounce of effort they put into it for his 'pre-wwe' days.
    barely skimmed over his thoughts of times between winning the ecw title and that promo. Some parts didnt seem that honest either. I've heard of hbk being one of the only ones to stand up for punk and was a single voice not calling for him to be let go, why not bring that up?
    Good doc all in all, but i expected more and i dont think he will ever do a proper shoot interview so i suppose i feel this was the only opportunity to find get into his and wwes perspective on his career.
    :confused::confused:

confused face times infinity, no backsies.

• Advertisement

Don't get some of the comments about the DVD. I don't know what people wanted or expected. It was following him from the ground floor as much as someone from Ireland could, read the sheets and know some of his friends. Comparing latter two things were VERY interesting at times. I thought the documentary was pretty phenomenal.

They did mention HBK being high on him. Where wasn't he being honest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    Don't get some of the comments about the DVD. I don't know what people wanted or expected. It was following him from the ground floor as much as someone from Ireland could, read the sheets and know some of his friends. Comparing latter two things were VERY interesting at times. I thought the documentary was pretty phenomenal.

They did mention HBK being high on him. Where wasn't he being honest?

Agree with this a lot of it was new and of interest to me, especially the footage of his early career. I didn't know about his family circumstances either.

Do people really want a recap of Punk's struggles with Big Daddy V?

An Umaga match on the extras from their underrated feud is the only omission in my eyes.

But ultimately we can all agree the legacy of the New Breed was desecrated by it's exclusion:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hmm the Punk dvd seems to be a small bit divisive, glad I won`t be seeing it until Christmas. Best way to watch something like that is months later when the praise or criticism dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Head over to Silvervision now, they just added 12 new DVDs to the sale in limited qualities then back up to full price.
    http://t.co/L7WYbmTX

£5.99:
    Elimination Chamber 2012
    Royal Rumbler 2012
    Survivor Series 2011
    WWE Live in the UK: November 2011 (2 discs)

£6.99:
    The Best of Raw & Smackdown 2011 (4 discs)
    The Best of The King of the Ring (3 discs)
    OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History (3 discs)
    The Greatest Cage Matches of All Time (3 discs)
    The True Story of WrestleMania (3 discs)
    The Rise & Fall of WCW (3 discs)

£7.99:
    The Epic Journey of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson (3 discs)
    You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge (3 discs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone else having trouble trying to buy off silvervision tonight??

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble trying to buy off silvervision tonight??

How far do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

rovert wrote: »
    How far do you get?

Put in my address and then when transferred to the sage page i get
    This transaction attempt has failed. Please use the Proceed button go back to the web store from which you were purchasing. The details of the failure are given below.

Status Detail: 3133 : The DeliveryPhone value is too long.

Your phone number is too long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I made two purchases today without hassle.

Advertisement