Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How long does it take for wweshop to send out DVDs/blu rays? Not euroshop

Get it off Silvervision.co.uk

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. : FremantleMedia Enterprises Gets into the Ring With WWE®

Major Distribution Agreement Announced

FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) today announced a major new distribution agreement with WWE (NYSE:WWE) for the exclusive home entertainment rights to WWE's catalogue of programming across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).

The deal goes into effect in January of 2013 and will see FME manage the DVD, Blu-ray and digital rights for all new and existing WWE content, making it the first time that fans of WWE's popular programming can access it digitally across EMEA. Some of the new titles that will be released include Night of Champions 2012, Hell in a Cell 2012, Top 100 Raw Moments, Attitude Era and WrestleMania 29.

WWE is a recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 600 million homes worldwide.

Pete Kalhan, SVP Home Entertainment & Archive EMEA, FME, commented, "WWE is an incredibly strong and ever-growing brand with a huge and extremely dedicated global fan base. The brand has a rich history and has performed exceptionally well on DVD for many years. We look forward to working with WWE to grow all aspects of their home entertainment catalogue and are particularly excited about introducing the content to the masses across EMEA via digital platforms."

"WWE is pleased to partner with FremantleMedia Enterprises on the digital and retail distribution of our content in EMEA," said Casey Collins, Executive Vice President, Consumer Products for WWE. "FME's broad retail reach will allow us to place more WWE content across all channels where our fans shop."
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Announces_New_International_Video_and_Digital_Distribution_Agreement.html#FZbiubSJYX1TzZiB.99

---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Why was the Silvervision partnership ended? Or are Silvervision going out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Lets just hope they do as Silvervision did and ship the new releases early!

Hopefully free delivery as well (like Silvervision) but i doubt it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The new The Legends of Wrestling: The History of Monday Night Raw is REALLY worth *cough* finding. Probably the best of series - moreso for the unblurred clips of the Attitude Era and the clips in general than the in studio banter.

Fond memories of watching the Ministry tying Stephanie to the symbol and Austin making the save while I was on a school trip to Edinburgh. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think silvervision might be having a big sale tomorrow at 10am, Something happening at 10 am anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

rovert wrote: »
    The new The Legends of Wrestling: The History of Monday Night Raw is REALLY worth *cough* finding. Probably the best of series - moreso for the unblurred clips of the Attitude Era and the clips in general than the in studio banter.

Fond memories of watching the Ministry tying Stephanie to the symbol and Austin making the save while I was on a school trip to Edinburgh. :P

Twas very good except for JR's "we fought hard and kicked WCW's ass" every time the mic came to him.

Loved seeing DX's Nation spoof again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was always supporting the Nation. Could never take to DX back then. Only as an adult do I see their value. But I just thought the Nation Of Domination was even more groundbreaking.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Think silvervision might be having a big sale tomorrow at 10am, Something happening at 10 am anyways

Yeah they are mirroring Black Friday in the US. All the US indepedent DVD/MP4 distributors all have sales. Links:

http://www.highspots.com/BlackFriday.html
    http://smartmarkvideo.com/
    http://wwnlive.com/event-blackfriday.html
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/delirious-thanksgiving-insanity-sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I was always supporting the Nation. Could never take to DX back then. Only as an adult do I see their value. But I just thought the Nation Of Domination was even more groundbreaking.

I preferred the Nation as well, but that was probably down to me never being able to take to HHH, even as a face.

Well I have always been a mark for the Harts, so I loved when Owen joined up with The Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

+1 for The Nation. Heel Rock is my favourite wrestler of all time. The Nation was much more reserved and cool, as opposed to the frat boys HHH and Co. A random deal but I loved how the nation members had slightly different versions of the same song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just watched the new Attitude Era mini-doc.

Really enjoyed it. They mention everything from Brawl For All, to Hardcore division to Tag Team Ladder matches. They admit what stuff failed and how they hated getting brought to court by the Parent's Council.

Best thing though is Mark Henry. The man needs to be a talking head on every DVD they have. His comments on his different Sexual Chocolate segments and the Godfather are some of the best.
    'There was one skit where Jacqueline and Terri Runnels sprayed whipped cream over me. If it was my kids I'd be like "Aw jeez. Kids quick go into the other room. Daddy will be there in a minute. As soon as he watches this."'

Sadly the Attitude Era DVD documentary is really blah. Was hoping for something along the lines of the ECW, newest Austin or CM Punk DVD but it rests on the other end of the scale: short, surface level sound bites over generic stock music. It has a smaller array of talking heads than you would think it would too.

It does have a wide array of footage unblurred - something that will remain a novelty for a good while for me at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What a shít "sale"!

Tinie wrote: »
    What a shít "sale"!

It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't posted countdown pictures on twitter/facebook for the last few days leading us to believe it was going to be a massive sale. Awful.

I was hoping at least that they would put the Pillman and Mr Perfect DVDs in the sale. 2 DVDS that never seem to come down in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is The Streak boxset worth getting for £8.99?

is The Streak boxset worth getting for £8.99?

I suppose it depends on how many Wrestlemanias you have on DVD?

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends on how many Wrestlemanias you have on DVD?

And the documentary/insert bits are crap supposedly.

And the documentary/insert bits are crap supposedly.

Yeah I would expect that with a Taker DVD.

Chap hasn't broke character on a DVD in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Watched the NWO Revolution DVD Yesterday. The doc itself was quiet interesting but could have been longer, as it was only around 1 hour. They could have gone into more detail the deminse of it. Also there wasn't much on the NWO Wolfpac and the NWO Band either.

Disc 2 and 3 were matches. Most of the matches were quiet poor in my opinion, and i never realised how poor a Wrestler Hogan was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I never realised how poor a wrestler Hogan was.

He didn't have to be a great wrestler, as the crowd reacted regardless. Horrible logic, I admit, but if you look at some of Hogan's NJPW stuff, he's well-able to drop plenty of catch-as-catch-can stuff, once the situation called for it. That said, nothing in life quite prepares you for Hogan clocking Muta with an enzuigiri.

I would go so far as to say he's in the top 10 overrated human beings (not wrestlers) of all time. I think that is what makes him so unreal though. Kinda classify him with Kiss there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone pick up much in the other sales? Looking at get the House of Hardcore DVD from RF Video and a few random ECW DVDs.

No. I just picked up the Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels blu-ray on Silvervision, it was €15 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone pick up much in the other sales? Looking at get the House of Hardcore DVD from RF Video and a few random ECW DVDs.
    Where was the sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Where was the sales?

All of the sites rovert mentioned.

• Advertisement

www.wwedvd.co.uk - The new website for the company taking over from Silvervision in January.

Release dates for upcoming DVD/BluRays

Night Of Champions 2012 (21st January)
    Hell In A Cell 2012 (28th January)
    Top 100 Raw Moments (4th February)
    The Attitude Era (18th February)
    Live in the UK - November 2012* (25th February)
    Best PPV Matches 2012 (4th March)
    Survivor Series 2012 (11th March)
    TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs (25th March)

* Only on DVD

Advertisement