Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The last Stone Cold dvd and Jericho's one have good docs. As has the Rise of ECW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    The last Stone Cold dvd and Jericho's one have good docs. As has the Rise of ECW.

Brian Pillman, Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect are all fairly strong strong. But a tier below GTR63's picks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Every blu ray seems to be a tenner on the silvervision site, but of course the only one I want, WM 28, has vanished off the site

Tinie wrote: »
    Every blu ray seems to be a tenner on the silvervision site, but of course the only one I want, WM 28, has vanished off the site

Thats gone completely out of stock now and they wont be getting any more in.

Thats gone completely out of stock now and they wont be getting any more in.

Uxyfa.gif

I guess its ebay and amazon for me then!

• Advertisement

9.99 was an amazing price for it. I knew it wouldn't stay in stock long.

Id love to know why they never put the Pillman, Perfect and Dusty Rhodes DVDs in their sales. The DVDs are around 6 years old but they're never put on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just checking their now does the 2 for 1 offer still work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah, I would imagine it does. There's a section where they show you what's on offer anyway.

Just got the first ladder match dvd,the best of raw and smackdown one rovert pointed out earlier and the best ppv matches of 2011 for only 17 euro delighted with that.

• Advertisement

New website has been launched

http://www.wwedvd.co.uk/

Just read this in the delivery information section

Standard delivery (first class post) is free of charge in the UK. There will be a charge for all deliveries outside the UK.

I definitely read a Q & A with them a while a go and they said delivery would be free to Europe :mad:

Just read this in the delivery information section

Standard delivery (first class post) is free of charge in the UK. There will be a charge for all deliveries outside the UK.

I definitely read a Q & A with them a while a go and they said delivery would be free to Europe :mad:

It will be once they set up a distribution network.

For those that dont know, Amazon UK have all the freemantle media new stock up for preorder for £11 each. Much cheaper than the actual dvd website.

One example is the CM Punk DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B1D6X3S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

This looks great was going to buy it anyway just for El Generico's last Pwg appearance but the show looks really good,if you haven't seen Pwg try some of it out they very rarely have a bad show.

Was watching the hit and miss Taker's deadliest matches dvd last nite few things I noticed. Jeff Hardy was carrying the dire king mabel to the ring on his thrown, Jeff was visibly struggling also noticed again how rowdy the crowds were back in them days, no not loudness i'm talking about throwing stuff in the ring etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Holding out for MITB 2011 and might buy the Punk Blu-ray and one or two others then.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Was watching the hit and miss Taker's deadliest matches dvd last nite few things I noticed. Jeff Hardy was carrying the dire king mabel to the ring on his thrown, Jeff was visibly struggling also noticed again how rowdy the crowds were back in them days,no not loudness i'm talking about throwing stuff in the ring etc.

That event was in Philadephia during the artistic peak of ECW. Rather atypical crowd.

rovert wrote: »
    That event was in Philadephia during the artistic peak of ECW. Rather atypical crowd.

When I typed that what was going through my head was Taker nearly getting an entire container of drink thrown at him that missed his head by inches in a buried alive match @ Rock Bottom(the irony of that show is the man who it was named after didn't even get to main event in a wwf title match). That ppv was in British Columbia.

• Advertisement

Full list of reduced blu rays and dvds from silvervision today http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Best-Sale-Ever/page1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I got tagged classics Survivor Series & Armageddon 2005 and Wrestling With Shadows last week.

Looking to pick 3 from these blu rays, any opinions/recommendations?

CM Punks one
    Edge you think you know me
    rock vs cena once in a lifetime
    rock epic journey
    brock lesnars one
    ECW Unleashed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Tinie wrote: »
    Looking to pick 3 from these blu rays, any opinions/recommendations?

CM Punks one
    Edge you think you know me
    rock vs cena once in a lifetime
    rock epic journey
    brock lesnars one
    ECW Unleashed

Punks and Edge's for sure !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Punks is out of stock and I've checked nearly everyday to see if it would go down:mad:

Still I'm the DVD buyer for a shop so the buy 2 get one frees are great for building up the wrestling stock:)

Punks and Edge's for sure !

yeah will be waiting until the punk one comes back into stock during the week to place the order, that looks a sure buy anyway.

Think i'll get these and then hope no more go on sale :D If any of these arent worth getting let me know
    The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions Blu-ray (2 Discs
    ECW Unreleased Vol 1 Blu-ray (2 Discs)
    Starrcade: The Essential Collection DVD (3 Discs)
    Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph DVD (3 Discs)
    The History Of The Intercontinental Championship DVD (3 Discs)
    The Best of The King of the Ring DVD (3 Discs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bought a few Tagged Classics off SV yesterday,not bad for just over €20.

'HHH:The Game' & 'HHH:That Damn Good' 2 disc set
    'Action' & 'Hardcore' 2 disc set
    'Unforgiven 2001 & No Mercy 01' 2 disc set.

Doing good deals on the Rumble,Summerslam and Mania anthology sets too,which I will probably end up getting on pay day.

The Punk blu ray is back in stock if anyones looking to get it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement