Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just bought the CM Punk, Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels (My Journey) for €25 so I'm pretty delighted with that. I've never bought from Silvervision before so does anybody know how long they generally take to arrive? Also bit of a shame that they don't have Wrestlemania 17 on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just bought the CM Punk, Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels (My Journey) for €25 so I'm pretty delighted with that. I've never bought from Silvervision before so does anybody know how long they generally take to arrive? Also bit of a shame that they don't have Wrestlemania 17 on sale.

About 7-10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Heatons are doing good prices on wrestling DVDs at the moment. Pretty recent ones I think for €5 and €10

Just wondering if anyone has any of the following ECW (Delta) DVDs that they would be willing to sell?

Hardcore Heaven 96
    Hardcore Heaven 97

November to Remember 97

Wrestlepalooza 98

Massacre on 34th street

Please PM me if you if have any of them and are willing to sell.

Thanks

I was buying stuff on the silvervision sale and I needed one more DVD/Blu Ray to get it free in the 3 for 2 deal. There wasn't really anything that I was looking for so I said feck it Ill get the Rock Vs Cena Blu Ray.

It was a lot better than I expected I have to say. Especially the extras.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I was buying stuff on the silvervision sale and I needed one more DVD/Blu Ray to get it free in the 3 for 2 deal. There wasn't really anything that I was looking for so I said feck it Ill get the Rock Vs Cena Blu Ray.

It was a lot better than I expected I have to say. Especially the extras.

Love that DVD. The only one I can play around herself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rovert wrote: »
    Love that DVD. The only one I can play around herself too.

Worth a watch? its on the US Netflix alright keeps popping up in my suggestions but never got round to watching it, CM Punk's Best In The World is on it too, great watch, really candid especially during the MITB 2011 part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

krudler wrote: »
    Worth a watch? its on the US Netflix alright keeps popping up in my suggestions but never got round to watching it, CM Punk's Best In The World is on it too, great watch, really candid especially during the MITB 2011 part.

Been watching a few of the wrestling docs on Netflix, watched The Rise and Fall of WCW, the one on the NWO and the Stone Cold one. Have seen the Punk one before. Handy to have them available on there.

krudler wrote: »

Yeah it's worth a watch. It was the extras that made it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm about to avail of the 3 for 2 offer. I'm getting wrestling with shadows. Anything else I should look out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Thinking of treating myself to a nostalgic splurge on old summerslams, SS, rumbles and manias with a few tagged classics.

Ha, I did exactly that, bud! About 2 weeks ago I spent about €150 on that 3 for 2 deal from Silvervision and got pretty much every PPV up until the late 1990's.

I was a total mark back in the early 90's but quickly lost interest around 1995. Had no interest again until a few months ago when I spotted "Best of Saturday Night's Main Event" in Heaton's for €5. I simply couldn't leave it there for that price (incidently, I reckon everything for a fiver in Heaton's is cheap because of faulty batches - my copy had no cardsleeve inside the box, even though there's a holder for one, and the set was shrinkwrapped. Therefore there's no complete list of matches anywhere to be seen... it was like a lucky dip when watching the dvds!).

I've since bought the best of Starrcade set, best of Raw seasons 1 & 2 which are pretty enjoyable. I even went back to my fathers house last week and retrieved a couple of old vhs tapes (Great American Bash 1985 and 'Superstars and Superbouts') from the attic and since transferred them to dvd. I even transferred the crappy 'Hulk Hogan: Real American' and 'Best of Hulkamania" silvervision vhs tapes.... like I said, I was a total mark :)

The Tagged Classics dvds are great value at the moment, although the early WWF(E) ones are heavily edited, such as they are missing interviews and entrances from WM1 etc, so they feel more like extended highlights packages rather than full events, but do not have the WWF logo blurred out like the anthology sets.

Definately worth a splurge on Silvervision's site if you've a few quid handy. €26 for 3 sets (6 PPV's) is great value, although a lot of titles are now disappearing from there... it's a popular sale I guess!

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I was a total mark back in the early 90's but quickly lost interest around 1995. Had no interest again until a few months ago when I spotted "Best of Saturday Night's Main Event" in Heaton's for €5. I simply couldn't leave it there for that price (incidently, I reckon everything for a fiver in Heaton's is cheap because of faulty batches - my copy had no cardsleeve inside the box, even though there's a holder for one, and the set was shrinkwrapped. Therefore there's no complete list of matches anywhere to be seen... it was like a lucky dip when watching the dvds!).

I emailed silvervision about no inserts with the DVDs any more (even if you buy DVDs off of silvervision directly)

They said they stopped doing them to save on money and something about thats why they can sell the DVDs so cheap in their sale.

Its a pain in the arse though especially if its a 3 disc set.

Its ridiculous that they have stopped doing it for DVDs that came with an insert in the past. I sold my Bret Hart 3 discer a few years ago and it had an insert but then when I bought a new copy off of silvervison there was no insert with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Surely those paper inserts cost only a few cent each, when made in bulk? Its a bit odd to cut them to save costs.

They should just do what they do with Their Blu Rays - The match listings and all are printed on the Blu Ray sleeve behind where you take the discs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Wow, I assumed it was a faulty batch which they then sold to Heaton's as it would be cheaper to do that rather than re-packaging them. It's appears quite unprofessional to do that intentionally as a cost-cutter. Especially when there's no listing anywhere else on the package, and there's an insert holder!

Maybe that's an example of why WWE finished their contract with them, assuming the contract was terminated by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Looking for best/cheapest places online to get the following:

Beyond The Mat
    Rise and Fall of ECW
    CM Punk: Best In The World

Blu Ray if possible

Rise and Fall of ECW is £40 on Amazon ffs. . . CM Punk's Blu Ray is £30.. c'mon like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭ATMatm

Rise and Fall is currently in CEX for about €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

ATMatm wrote: »
    Rise and Fall is currently in CEX for about €5.

1) I said in my post that I want to buy them online

2) I live in Tipperary so shops in Dublin are not an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

DJKendo wrote: »
    1) I said in my post that I want to buy them online

2) I live in Tipperary so shops in Dublin are not an option

would you consider buying them second hand?

I got Ladder Match 2, wrestling with shadows and the new and improved DX on the 3 for 2 on silvervision! Can't wait to watch them.

• Advertisement

Has anyone pre ordered off of wwedvd.co.uk before?

The new Mick Foley DVD/Blu Ray is due to be released on the 22nd of April but because I pre ordered do you think Ill get it earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Has anyone pre ordered off of wwedvd.co.uk before?

The new Mick Foley DVD/Blu Ray is due to be released on the 22nd of April but because I pre ordered do you think Ill get it earlier?

i pre ordered it and got a email saying that they be posting it out a week early from the released date....

wardy2 wrote: »
    i pre ordered it and got a email saying that they be posting it out a week early from the released date....

Cool!!

So why we might get it around Thursday/Friday hopefully!

Cool!!

So why we might get it around Thursday/Friday hopefully!

dont get you're hopes up man, i pre ordered TLC off them and it was posted on the 2nd and im still waiting on it :mad:

dont get you're hopes up man, i pre ordered TLC off them and it was posted on the 2nd and im still waiting on it :mad:

Thats very long to be waiting after it being posted.

Stuff coming from the UK usually arrives to me within a week.

Thats very long to be waiting after it being posted.

Stuff coming from the UK usually arrives to me within a week.

with silvervison i use to place my orders on a wednesday and i get it on a monday morning, great service i must say :D

with silvervison i use to place my orders on a wednesday and i get it on a monday morning, great service i must say :D

The oul free delivery was great as well!

The oul free delivery was great as well!

Got a email for the mick foley dvd it's in the post now,let the waiting game begin

Got a email for the mick foley dvd it's in the post now,let the waiting game begin

Yeah got one as well mate. Hopefully we get it this week.

Did your other DVD arrive?

• Advertisement

I received Wrestling With Shadows, Ladder match 2 and the new and improved DX today. I'm watching through the latter now.

Advertisement