Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

Good choices.

I'm not a huge fan of DX myself but if you're a fan then you'll enjoy the top two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah I liked their 2006 run, and never saw the 2009 stuff, and have heard mixed reviews, but for a fiver I thought why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Good picks on the DVDs even with these prices it hard not order them..any idea when silvervision stop selling ? hear its pose to be 1st July......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Be forewarned and forearmed:
    BJKxbF8CIAE8KUu.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I wonder will they discount the remaining stock even more, as there is stock there they will never shift, unless they cut the price in half as it is. Maybe they might do a buy one get one free on remaining stock over the next week or two. Heres hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

So will the new lot reproduce the old discs or is that them joining Benoit in never exisiting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone watch Barb Wire City yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was tempted to pick up CM Punk's Best In The World dvd yesterday in Galway while killing time until i had to get the bus home, but at €16.99 in OMG @ Zhivago... Absolutely no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was tempted to pick up CM Punk's Best In The World dvd yesterday in Galway while killing time until i had to get the bus home, but at €16.99 in OMG @ Zhivago... Absolutely no chance

it's on netflix anyway

krudler wrote: »
    it's on netflix anyway

The extras (especially on the blu ray) are fantastic though.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    I wonder will they discount the remaining stock even more, as there is stock there they will never shift, unless they cut the price in half as it is. Maybe they might do a buy one get one free on remaining stock over the next week or two. Heres hoping.

They said on Facebook there wont be any more price cuts but Ive heard them say that already and then go and do things like expand the 3 for 2 offer to everything on the site so I wouldn't be surprised if theres 1 last offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I`d like to see a scenario where Brets unsold copies of wrestling with shadows get pulped(Can you pulp a dvd?) and then he turns up to see it done, like Alan Partridge. Except Bret reviews it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

It's a pox that they lost the WWE contract,was looking forward to more Tagged Classics from 02/03/04.

WWEDVD.uk prices are shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Lithium93_ wrote: »

16.99 for a recent boxset is fine. Market is just skewed because Silvervision are clearing their stock for half nothing.

WWEDVD.uk prices are shíte.

The delivery charge is a pain

It's a pox that they lost the WWE contract,was looking forward to more Tagged Classics from 02/03/04.

I don't think they would have bothered tbh because they still had all the PPVs from then for sale (apart from the 1st 4 months of 2002).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I suppose,just preferred the tagged classics because entrance music and other little things were not edited out like on most normal release DVD's.

Thats true actually.

Backlash 2002 is one of the worst DVDs for dubbed out music (Off the top of my head - nWo, Flair, Taker and Hogan) and to make it worst after Takers music is dubbed out, theres a delay on the sound on the DVD and its behind whats happening on screen. I thought it was just mine that had a problem but I looked it up and loads of people were saying the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thats true actually.

Backlash 2002 is one of the worst DVDs for dubbed out music (Off the top of my head - nWo, Flair, Taker and Hogan) and to make it worst after Takers music is dubbed out, theres a delay on the sound on the DVD and its behind whats happening on screen. I thought it was just mine that had a problem but I looked it up and loads of people were saying the same.

Sucks with any recent ones too, Taker has generic rock music, always hated that they removed Highway To Hell from the Summerslam 1998 release cos the promo at the end is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Sadly put in my last order on Silvervision! Always top service,I think we are going to have to build on an extension for all future and current wrestling DVDs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Really gonna miss SilverVision. I reckon I'll put in a mammoth order this weekend. Last chance and all that.

WWEDVDUK is pretty rubbish so far in my opinion. I've got a multi-region DVD player so if I couldn't find what I wanted on SV or a new release was cheaper in $ I always ordered from Amazon. With the extras on Blu Rays now though I really want to get them so I'm resigned to WWEDVDUK or else their Amazon site.

The one saving grace is US Netflix. In the past, I got the majority of three disc sets that I thought looked at least mildly interesting, particularly those with a documentary because even a new release would only be about e20 after the conversion. Now, unless there's a lot of a good matches or it's a must-have for me (Dungeon Collection for example) I'm happy to wait for it to be added to Netflix.

This was the case with the Foley set. Most reviews have said that the doc is good but the match selection isn't great. I'll wait six months or whatever for that.

This was the case with the Foley set. Most reviews have said that the doc is good but the match selection isn't great. I'll wait six months or whatever for that.

There is some good extras on the Blu Ray especially bits that should have been included in the doc like talking about his feud with Randy Orton and covering his time in ECW.

Also the alternative commentary (by Mick and Joey Styles) on his ECW match with Shane Douglas is hilarious.

But yeah I agree on the match selection. Should have been more Vader stuff and other matches from WCW instead of Mankind Vs Rocky Maivia from 97 and Dude Love Vs Rock from the same year.

I suppose most of his best matches were on The greatest hits and misses DVD though.

Some how the Punk Blu Ray, Lesnar Blu Ray and nWo Blu ray are back in stock on Silvervison even though they said they were gone for good :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Gonna avail of this 3 for 2 deal. Will probably get You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge. And one of the Ladder Match box sets (should I get The Ladder Match or The Ladder Match 2? Leaning towards the first one cos it looks better on paper but the second is on blu-ray so could be swayed if it's really good). But then I can't pick a 3rd so can someone help make this life-changing decision easier :P

Brock Lesnar Here Comes the Pain
    Falls Count Anywhere Street Fights
    Legacy of Stone Cold

But then I can't pick a 3rd so can someone help make this life-changing decision easier :P

Brock Lesnar Here Comes the Pain
    Falls Count Anywhere Street Fights
    Legacy of Stone Cold

I'm not sure about the Lesnar and the Falls count anywhere DVDs but The Legacy of Stone Cold is only matches (with Austin giving a quick introduction to each one) buts it annoying cause most of the matches on the set are "Attitude era" matches so the scratch logo is blurred which does my head in. But if that doesn't bother you then its a decent set.

Some how the Punk Blu Ray, Lesnar Blu Ray and nWo Blu ray are back in stock on Silvervison even though they said they were gone for good :rolleyes:

That annoyed me earlier tried to change but it was too late wanted all 3 on bluray

There's 10% off when you buy three as well! I mean buy three as well the one free doesn't count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Decided to take advantage of 3 for 2 and got 6. Went for You Think You Know Me, The Ladder Match (1st one), the 3 I couldn't decide about earlier and The Streak on bluray. Only wrestling dvd/bluray I had before this was Best in the World so should be kept busy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Has anyone spotted the SilverVision DVDs for sale cheap in around Dublin? It's a b*tch that HMV is gone. I guess there's only Golden Discs but I was in the one in Jervis and they didn't have many...

• Advertisement

Has anyone spotted the SilverVision DVDs for sale cheap in around Dublin? It's a b*tch that HMV is gone. I guess there's only Golden Discs but I was in the one in Jervis and they didn't have many...
    Only other place I know is heatons ,only small amounts of DVDs....

Advertisement