Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the "Why am I banned" Sticky in Prison gone?

Options
  • 06-07-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm going daft but I read the league of bastards thing during my tea break because it is always funny but I now cant find it anymore.

Is it gone for good or has it been moved or something or am I officially too old to use the Internet and should be retired?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Thanks 6th.

Lots of people discussing a certain event happening this weekend, isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Thanks 6th.

Lots of people discussing a certain event happening this weekend, isn't there?

there is nothing happening this weekend.... in fact this weekend does not exist , tomorrow is Monday.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Yes. Tomorrow. Is Monday

Move along people.

Does anyone know if there's any way to see which thread that someone was banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

not surprised Medin got banned again. Seems to have a habit of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What event ?
    When did fúcktards getting banned become and event ?
    I leave this place for 48 hours and people breaking the rules and getting banned becomes an event, pfff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What did scojones and fade2black do? Must have been serious, 2 long time posters and mods perma-banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This is not the first time a mod as been demoded or sitebanned, it just doesn't happen that often but it does happen.

Why ?

Boards.ie has it's terms and conditions what we all agree to when signing up as well as the rules in the charters.
    Breaking these is all it takes to have anyone site banned mod or not.

People go off the rails for all sorts of reasons, why ?
    Well you would have to ask them why they did something that got them banned and that really they did know better.

The site owners and admin banned them as they broke the rules,
    disclosing what exactly will be up to the Admin to decide on as they made the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Plus a haoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They were hogging the complimentary hookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

lmao!! classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thaedydal wrote:
    The site owners and admin banned them as they broke the rules,
    disclosing what exactly will be up to the Admin to decide on as they made the ban.

I was just being a bit nosey. I always found f2b to be quite a good poster but if you break the rules you suffer the consequences and it just goes to show that nobody gets special treatment around here which is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

imageoh4.jpg

Their sacrifice was not in vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Onkle wrote:
    it just goes to show that nobody gets special treatment around here which is good

Nothing new there either, sure back in the day a moderator called LittleTinyMan acted the eejit and got sitebanned. I'm sure there have been others, just can't think of them offhand. Subscribers aswell have been banned. There's never been any preferential treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Is that spam list the only place "swear" words are allowed on boards.ie? Weird really seeing as its pubic too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

unintentional pun there but funny none the less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

They also stole all the complimentary coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Nothing new there either, sure back in the day a moderator called LittleTinyMan acted the eejit and got sitebanned. I'm sure there have been others, just can't think of them offhand. Subscribers aswell have been banned. There's never been any preferential treatment.

Bubbles anyone? :p

Well, the reason given is "reason known" in relation to f2b and scjones.

Yes, indeed, it shows that there are no favourites here, which is good.

A lot of the spammers are just bots, though, arent they, not real people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Onkle wrote:
    I always found f2b to be quite a good poster but if you break the rules you suffer the consequences and it just goes to show that nobody gets special treatment around here which is good
    On the contrary, they got special treatment as the reasons for their banning are kept secret.

And if we are going to have purges then at least give us a showtrial.

• Advertisement

Well, this is completely out of my ass but as a conspiracy theory its worth a go.

Were they the Pyjama Man? The idiot who was posting about PJ's everywhere then looked for a forum on PJ's?

On slipping up they were booted out????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

So I'm not the only one curious over the mysterious, "Reason known". It must have been something juicy since it's being kept under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well, this is completely out of my ass but as a conspiracy theory its worth a go.

Were they the Pyjama Man? The idiot who was posting about PJ's everywhere then looked for a forum on PJ's?

On slipping up they were booted out????
    Yep. That's it exactly. Sjones gave himself away by turning up at the last boards beers in a set of spider-man pyjamas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd never seen crotchless pj's before. talk about a spiders leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

homah_7ft wrote:
    the mysterious, "Reason known"

hehe! better than "reasons unknown" eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who reads the ban list

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

homah_7ft wrote:
    So I'm not the only one curious over the mysterious, "Reason known". It must have been something juicy since it's being kept under wraps.

Yeah that got me too. The mod conspiracy lives on and this time it's targeted the mods.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

maybe they planned to break the silence on the mod conspiracy....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jhegarty wrote:
    maybe they planned to break the silence on the mod conspiracy....

A whistleblower at long last. This is what our investigation needed. Those damn admins must know we're getting close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

guys, finally I can tell you the REAL truth about the mod conspiracy, and let me tell you, this goes deep - way, way deep. You see, Dev is really <BANG! BANG!>

so.....cold.....Nana? is that you? but you're........you're.....

Advertisement