Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour De France

Options
  • 06-07-2007 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi there

Was looking to do a stage next year. I have googled this but can not find information on companies that do tours.

Alternatively have any of you done a stage a friend of mine speaks French so might try and do this as an individual. However I heard you have to book this through a company?

Cheers
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Etape du tour is the way to go. It is a real stage of the Tour, done like a race, closed roads and run by the same people. The Ireland operative I used is Sean O'Leary, went with his group of about 50 irish last year (account of it somewhere in the archives under my name, the post was about Bike Boxes if you are searching) - Sean is the guy from Trail-Seekers.com. Does a good training weekend in Kerry/Cork mountains at the end of April too which was so good I went and did it this year despite the fact that I am not doing the etape this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

ipodking wrote:
    Was looking to do a stage next year. I have googled this but can not find information on companies that do tours.
    A bit late now, but these are the market leaders: http://www.sportingtours.co.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement